Konami/Metal Gear Survive Microtransaction Lulz

Lovestorm

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://twinfinite.net/2018/02/konami-finally-lost-mind-microtransactions/

These days, microtransactions are all too common in video games. Most are relatively harmless (comparatively speaking), but occasionally a publisher releases a microtransaction that just makes you want to throw your hands up in disgust. Konami did just that in Metal Gear Survive.

Several days ago, TweakTown broke the news that Konami is selling extra Metal Gear Survive save slots for $10 each. Several years ago, I would have written that off as an intentionally hyperbolic and fictional prediction that never, ever would or could come to pass. However, sites such as IGN have confirmed that this is actually happening; Konami is trying to get gamers who just spent $40 on a game to spend even more on a feature that has been free since it was invented in 1987.
giphy.gif

It's just shameless, there's no other way to describe it.

Are they the ones who have really lost their minds?

Look at the stupid shit people pay for in games, and tell me they aren't stupid enough to buy save slots too.

All they have to do is put effort into cosmetics and people will pay for those. Instead they double down and try to charge for something everyone knows is stupid.

When you’re too lazy to make DLC to sell so you just charge extra for basic things.

This is like airlines that have started charging for the ability to pick your seat or to check even just a single bag.

In short, people who are dumb enough to buy this game deserve to be fucked over by the microtransaction system.

Lol at anyone being surprised by this. #fuckkonami

This is the same company that fired Kojima, wouldn't let him accept an award and treats their employees like sweat shop workers.

Remember when we were kids and Konami was the shit? Now they’re just shit.

Really crazy gaming is in a place to make this possible. Fallout 76 isn't this bad but also feels like a scummy cashgrab devoid of the life that made the series loved. I mean $20 for a blue skin on armor is insane in a game that should be loot based to begin with.

It's why I appreciate Red Dead Online so much. You have a long story with quality on top of the online experience, and while there's still microtransactions, they're not based around them.

Back