Korean Man takes Black girlfriend to meet parents for first time, Mom refuses to meet her

He is a grown man. He can live his life how he chooses. I bet they won't shun their grandkids. If they do, then oh well, their legacy ends with them due to their own stupidity.

Personally, I have had and will continue to have relations with whatever type of woman I feel like. Nobody can tell me who to invite into my home or into my bed.

Societal pressures are a thing because people allow them to be. I will continue to say.....everybody is sleeping with everybody whether they want to admit to it or not.

I lived in Asia for a few years, I've seen it, "mixed couples" and "mixed babies".

Easier said than done in Asian culture, man.
I live and work here now, and I grew up here, and it's not like the states. You can't just be your own man without suffering some pretty big consequences that can make it very difficult for you to survive and function. Family is everything, and Koreans especially are very close knit, and deference to your elders is a big part of the culture.
A lot of Korean parents pay for all their kids schooling, buy their car, pay for their travelling, their wedding, even put down a large chunk of money for the kid's first home after they get married. It's a kind of expected thing in the culture. So, if you tell your parents to fuck off, then you are going to have a harder life. And with the society so close, everybody is going to be talking about your 'scandal'. It's a very group oriented culture, and being outside of the group can wreck havoc on your life.
It's not like the states where you can just make your own way.

This guy in these videos is a fucking idiot. His parents aren't right, but he should know how Korea is. They're straight from Korea, so they are going to have these views. It's pretty disgusting that this guy makes these videos and puts them out for the world to see. I doubt the problem his parents has with his girlfriend is a simple issue of racism. It's a bit more complicated than that.

And this guy is just making it so his kids will hate their grandparents in the future. These videos are up forever. Why would you want your kids to eventually see shit about their grandparents like this someday? He's making money off of shitting on his parents. Guy is a piece of shit.

34 min video to watch some other peoples drama? Fuck that I won't watch 34 seconds. At least get to the point. They were just randomly talking at the beginning.

Also what a scumbag way to get clicks knowing their first vid went viral and are now exploiting it.

Well its because a lot of times people who are close with their parents look for their approval.

The way you answered sounded very hostile is all

That is because some of us are stuck making the same mistakes that past generations made, and we can't get over things that shouldn't be at the forefront of our lives.

Our country (assuming you're American) is stuck on division in one form or the other, and I don't think it will ultimately play to our benefit. None of the racial groups are going to have some mass exodus out of the country. People need to learn to deal with differences, and stop being hostile towards each other. My hostility, if it appears that way is purely in reaction to how silly the state of our country has become.

I would just hope that a parent would not wish to pass their generation's flaws, and shortcomings onto the next generation. I would at least hope they didn't teach their children to look down on others, hate others, and discriminate against those different than themselves.

If the young lady had committed an offense, then I could understand them not accepting and perhaps protecting their son. However, if it is based solely on her being a black woman, then they are teaching their son to be a bigot. I think we need less of that in the world today.

If I appear hostile, it is not my goal to come off as abrasive. I just have strong feelings towards the subject.

I live and work here now, and I grew up here, and it's not like the states. You can't just be your own man without suffering some pretty big consequences that can make it very difficult for you to survive and function. Family is everything, and Koreans especially are very close knit, and deference to your elders is a big part of the culture.
A lot of Korean parents pay for all their kids schooling, buy their car, pay for their travelling, their wedding, even put down a large chunk of money for the kid's first home after they get married. It's a kind of expected thing in the culture. So, if you tell your parents to fuck off, then you are going to have a harder life. And with the society so close, everybody is going to be talking about your 'scandal'. It's a very group oriented culture, and being outside of the group can wreck havoc on your life.

This guy in these videos is a fucking idiot. His parents aren't right, but he should know how Korea is. They're straight from Korea, so they are going to have these views. It's pretty disgusting that this guy makes these videos and puts them out for the world to see. I doubt the problem his parents has with his girlfriend is a simple issue of racism. It's a bit more complicated than that.

And this guy is just making it so his kids will hate their grandparents in the future. These videos are up forever. Why would you want your kids to eventually see shit about their grandparents like this someday? He's making money off of shitting on his parents. Guy is a piece of shit.

I lived in Japan. It wasn't as strict over there, from my experiences. However, I did hear that the Korean culture was more strict. Even heard that students committed suicide for not getting into the college of their choice. That was the rumor. Can not verify, but I remember hearing of how strict it was. His black girlfriend was studying abroad or something?

Profiting off a video that makes your parents look like tools makes the guy look like a tool too, but I can defend his ignorance of "Korean ways." If he grew up in America, it's likely he won't have an understanding of how his parents are unless someone explained to him. Even I didn't understand a lot about Korean culture when I was growing up, and I moved back and forth a lot. That being said, they are in the states, so his parents should realize that as well. I also can't understand the logic of moving to a country where they are the minority and being shocked that their kid would meet someone who isn't Korean. A lot of people are like that and it makes no logical sense to me from a purely statistical standpoint.

Everybody involved are idiots as far as I'm concerned.

Profiting off a video that makes your parents look like tools makes the guy look like a tool too, but I can defend his ignorance of "Korean ways." If he grew up in America, it's likely he won't have an understanding of how his parents are unless someone explained to him. Even I didn't understand a lot about Korean culture when I was growing up, and I moved back and forth a lot. That being said, they are in the states, so his parents should realize that as well. I also can't understand the logic of moving to a country where they are the minority and being shocked that their kid would meet someone who isn't Korean. A lot of people are like that and it makes no logical sense to me from a purely statistical standpoint.

Everybody involved are idiots as far as I'm concerned.
That's fair.
And yeah, I agree. If you move to a foreign country as a minority, it is just basic math that your son or daughter has a very HIGH chance of dating and marrying someone outside their race.
His parents are absolutely retarded on this, but I've just been around enough old Koreans, or really, just old people in general, to know that they are set in their ways. And the shit with olld Koreans and family, and duty, and all that, that's not something that goes away. So the kid is just being a tool here. I can understand him not 100% understanding his parents, but the video is just sick to me.

But his parents are definitely wrong for trying to just bring Korea to America instead of trying to actually adapt to their new culture. A lot of foreigners do this. I get why, but you can't expect your kids to go to American school, have American friends, speak English..and then come home and be Korean.

That's fair.
And yeah, I agree. If you move to a foreign country as a minority, it is just basic math that your son or daughter has a very HIGH chance of dating and marrying someone outside their race.
His parents are absolutely retarded on this, but I've just been around enough old Koreans, or really, just old people in general, to know that they are set in their ways. And the shit with olld Koreans and family, and duty, and all that, that's not something that goes away. So the kid is just being a tool here. I can understand him not 100% understanding his parents, but the video is just sick to me.

But his parents are definitely wrong for trying to just bring Korea to America instead of trying to actually adapt to their new culture. A lot of foreigners do this. I get why, but you can't expect your kids to go to American school, have American friends, speak English..and then come home and be Korean.

He could just threaten to not marry ever which an even worse taboo in Korean culture then they'll end up being happy that he's not gay and getting married at all. My family "warned" me about getting hitched to a non Korean girl but the jokes on them because I'm never getting married at all.
latest

I lived in Japan. It wasn't as strict over there, from my experiences. However, I did hear that the Korean culture was more strict. Even heard that students committed suicide for not getting into the college of their choice. That was the rumor. Can not verify, but I remember hearing of how strict it was. His black girlfriend was studying abroad or something?
Yeah, I grew up there. I'm not sure if you were in the military or not, but places like Okinawa aren't really like mainland Japan. But Japan is definitely not as strict as Korea on this, but that is mostly because Japan had a headstart on modernizing. Korea was a colony of Japan for a while, and the Korean war wrecked them, so they were a bit behind on modernizing their economy and society. I feel like Koreans are a lot more protective of their culture because of their history of colonization.
Andd yea, Korea has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Japan is up there too though. Stressful, competitive societies.

Yeah, I grew up there. I'm not sure if you were in the military or not, but places like Okinawa aren't really like mainland Japan. But Japan is definitely not as strict as Korea on this, but that is mostly because Japan had a headstart on modernizing. Korea was a colony of Japan for a while, and the Korean war wrecked them, so they were a bit behind on modernizing their economy and society. I feel like Koreans are a lot more protective of their culture because of their history of colonization.
Andd yea, Korea has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Japan is up there too though. Stressful, competitive societies.

The Hermit Kingdom. It would make sense the mentality would affect the entire peninsula considering they are the same people minus the war dividing them.

I've lived in a few places in Asia. Thailand, Philippines, Mainland by Fuji, and yes Oki.

My buddy is Puerto Rican, and his long term girlfriend he met in Korea. I guess with anything it depends on the person. However, I can understand the disposition of some, especially if they haven't been "Americanized". Some Japanese, and Okinawans don't like Americans either.

He could just threaten to not marry ever which an even worse taboo in Korean culture then they'll end up being happy that he's not gay and getting married at all. My family "warned" me about getting hitched to a non Korean girl but the jokes on them because I'm never getting married at all.
latest
Sherdoggers are never alone, bro.
For every manlet , there's a womanlet.
<TheDonald>

I'd give them the choice...you accept my girlfriend...or we can go the other route...
I will not only be gay, but I will be the most famous gay Korean that i can possibly be
dcc7b92b82.jpeg

Yeah we have all the seen the video where the black dude pulls off the ironman mask and the old asian lady is surprised as fuck so kind of par for the course imo

The Hermit Kingdom. It would make sense the mentality would affect the entire peninsula considering they are the same people minus the war dividing them.

I've lived in a few places in Asia. Thailand, Philippines, Mainland by Fuji, and yes Oki.

My buddy is Puerto Rican, and his long term girlfriend he met in Korea. I guess with anything it depends on the person. However, I can understand the disposition of some, especially if they haven't been "Americanized". Some Japanese, and Okinawans don't like Americans either.
Yeah, it really depends on the person, and I'd say where they're from as well.
I'm japanese and black, so I should be a Korean father's worst nightmare, but I haven't had any issues with the families of the girls ive dated. (so far...)
You're going to find a lot more open minds in the city, like Seoul, or Tokyo. But when you get outside those areas, people aren't going to be as open.

I've talked with Koreans, older and younger, about this topic quite a bit, so that's why I don't think it's fair to boil it down straight to racism. I think it's more about presevering their culture. If their kid marries a foreigner then it makes it more difficult for the grandparents to communicate with the grandchildren and the daughter in law. Considering their history, I get it.

Yeah, it really depends on the person, and I'd say where they're from as well.
I'm japanese and black, so I should be a Korean father's worst nightmare, but I haven't had any issues with the families of the girls ive dated. (so far...)
You're going to find a lot more open minds in the city, like Seoul, or Tokyo. But when you get outside those areas, people aren't going to be as open.

I've talked with Koreans, older and younger, about this topic quite a bit, so that's why I don't think it's fair to boil it down straight to racism. I think it's more about presevering their culture. If their kid marries a foreigner then it makes it more difficult for the grandparents to communicate with the grandchildren and the daughter in law. Considering their history, I get it.

Open minds in cities makes sense. Why? Usually more progressive minded people are located in cities. They bring together many ethnic groups, especially when you begin looking at university campuses, downtown areas, business districts. I guess you have to be more open minded to truly be an entrepreneur. Before someone asks me what stats I have, I don't have any just personal experience lol.

However, when I was over there, and in my experience, the big divide was Japanese v Chinese. Even more than the dislike for some Americans, was the Japanese dislike for the Chinese and vice versa.

I understand the stance of preserving the culture. I never had problems talking to any girls there as an American. The ones that it was a problem really stemmed from a language gap. If we were able to understand each other, then it was fine. Some of the older Japanese who could remember or lived through the war don't take too kindly to Americans, which I can understand.

Places where it was more busy for tourism like "American Village" or Angeles City was more accepting of interactions across the racial spectrum.

How much do you pay for a ticket back stateside? I remember it being about 2k at least round trip? lol. I want to go back really bad.

Open minds in cities makes sense. Why? Usually more progressive minded people are located in cities. They bring together many ethnic groups, especially when you begin looking at university campuses, downtown areas, business districts. I guess you have to be more open minded to truly be an entrepreneur. Before someone asks me what stats I have, I don't have any just personal experience lol.

However, when I was over there, and in my experience, the big divide was Japanese v Chinese. Even more than the dislike for some Americans, was the Japanese dislike for the Chinese and vice versa.

I understand the stance of preserving the culture. I never had problems talking to any girls there as an American. The ones that it was a problem really stemmed from a language gap. If we were able to understand each other, then it was fine. Some of the older Japanese who could remember or lived through the war don't take too kindly to Americans, which I can understand.

Places where it was more busy for tourism like "American Village" or Angeles City was more accepting of interactions across the racial spectrum.

How much do you pay for a ticket back stateside? I remember it being about 2k at least round trip? lol. I want to go back really bad.
Yeah, that's very true with cities. The businesses and the universities, and the people just force everyone to raise their game and think beyond their little patches of land.

lol ALL the other Asians hate the Chinese. They are pound for pound worst tourists on the planet.

They come to your country and just wreck shit. I went to Jeju island in Korea at the beginning of the year, and they acted like savages. lol I'm not even trying to use that word lightly, they really acted like they had no home training.

Overall, I think a lot of people are open to talking to Americans..or people from wherever, really. A lot of them are also needing to study or learn English for their jobs, or have interest in travelling, so they're usually pretty open, in my experience.

I haven't been back to the states in quite a while...probably a good 7 years now. So, I'm not sure what the current rate is..but the last time I went back, it was about $800 (LAX)
haha Come on back before the winter really kicks in. It's still nice right now.

Yeah, that's very true with cities. The businesses and the universities, and the people just force everyone to raise their game and think beyond their little patches of land.

lol ALL the other Asians hate the Chinese. They are pound for pound worst tourists on the planet.

They come to your country and just wreck shit. I went to Jeju island in Korea at the beginning of the year, and they acted like savages. lol I'm not even trying to use that word lightly, they really acted like they had no home training.

Overall, I think a lot of people are open to talking to Americans..or people from wherever, really. A lot of them are also needing to study or learn English for their jobs, or have interest in travelling, so they're usually pretty open, in my experience.

I haven't been back to the states in quite a while...probably a good 7 years now. So, I'm not sure what the current rate is..but the last time I went back, it was about $800 (LAX)
haha Come on back before the winter really kicks in. It's still nice right now.

I'll put it on the to do list. Retire to Pattaya or something lol. In any case, enjoy my friend.

I'm japanese and black,
Yikes lol. At least you're not a half-black woman trying to steal away a Korean mom's precious boy. Koreans are far more protective of their sons than their daughters so if you were a woman it'd be a different story. Korean guys who break up with their girls because their moms tell them too. One guy I know got disowned by his dad because he married a white girl. Parents are fucking ridiculous.

Race and culture is intrinsically tied together in the minds of Koreans so it's not that easy to break down. Their framework of looking at the world has roots in Japanese fascism after all but that's another box of worms. I find Koreans to be obsessed with race, but in a different way than Americans.

Yikes lol. At least you're not a half-black woman trying to steal away a Korean mom's precious boy. Koreans are far more protective of their sons than their daughters so if you were a woman it'd be a different story. Korean guys who break up with their girls because their moms tell them too. One guy I know got disowned by his dad because he married a white girl. Parents are fucking ridiculous.

Race and culture is intrinsically tied together in the minds of Koreans so it's not that easy to break down. Their framework of looking at the world has roots in Japanese fascism after all but that's another box of worms. I find Koreans to be obsessed with race, but in a different way than Americans.
Lol Damn. That's so true. Koreans will be okay to take an L if their daughter gets with a foreigner, but its war if it's the son.
I have a Korean friend that got disowned for marrying an Australian girl. They divorced a year later, so his parents took him back, but now he's dating a British chick on the downlow.
<36>
Totally agree about the race obsession in Korea. But it's not in the same way as in America. There's a lot of other things tied into it

Back