Kovalev gets a new trainer for the Alvarez rematch.

BusterKeaton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
DnmWPYxUwAEWiiT.jpg

I'm not going to comment about him appearing to be black; Kovalev is an interesting character. I hope he gets him re invigorated. I was a fan of Kovalev. I think Ward did something to his psyche. I hope his next fight is a success. Want to see Krusher do his thing again.

and new jorts

Broke my heart jorts went out of style. I loved mine. Then a girl I was cracking told me I couldn't wear those "dad shorts" around her. It was a turn off to her. Moral of the Story: Never let a girl come between you, and your jorts.

Those jorts probably pair up really well with his cargo pants and Sean John sweater.

Wont matter, Kova getting startched worse this time. All a new trainer does is get a boxer confused to doing new shit that isnt natural to him. Not until a 3rd or 4th fight is the guy "naturally" changed.

Didn't he just get a new trainer? Did he dump that one already or just add another?

I feel like I haven't seen McGirt in awhile. Has he trained anyone notable for the last few years?

I feel like I haven't seen McGirt in awhile. Has he trained anyone notable for the last few years?
He trains (or did train) Sergey Lipinets for his fight with Mikey Garcia, if Lipinets counts as notable. He was for that fight at least.

He trains (or did train) Sergey Lipinets for his fight with Mikey Garcia, if Lipinets counts as notable. He was for that fight at least.

Lipinets performed well in that fight relative to expectations.

So he got a new pad holder?

What does a trainer even do at this point in an athletes career?

Nothing new to learn at this point. At least nothing substantial.

Kovalev could still learn a lot, his thick head gets in the way of that though.

Didn't he just get a new trainer? Did he dump that one already or just add another?

Abror Tursunpulatov was his trainer I read. Oh well, got to do what you must. He is exercising his right to rematch. Kovalev Alvarez 2 next year. He needs some wins.

Trainers can do wonders. Remember what Emanuel Steward did for Hearns? I'm not overly familiar with a lot of trainers but I hope it isn't too late for Kovalev to make an adjustment back to a winning record. He is down 3 of his last 5.

hmmmm...

i have my doubts, but i'll say Kovalev is very resilient to learn new stuff, normally he just does his jab-straight hoping he can KO. If Alvarez (fellow countryman) is smart he'll try to block Kov's attacks and counter but who knows what happens. maybe we see a new Kovalev.

Last edited:
"I can't watch you take all these shots Sergei! I love you too much."

"I can't watch you take all these shots Sergei! I love you too much."

Can't wait to see Kovalev shoulder roll. I bet it's better than Gatti's!

Back