Kovalev vs Alvarez, Bivol vs Chilemba

Pumped Alvarez whooped Kovalev.

Alvarez is the new lhw king

Ward stole Kova’s soul. God damn.

Is he irrelevant now?

He got beat by the better fighter, by an undefeated fighter.

I'll leave discussions about the irrelevance of a fighter to the buffoons who like to chirp about that stuff.

And I'm not about to undermine Alvarez's win by acting like Kovalev is simply a done fighter

the fuck is wrong with sherdog and the multiple postings of 1 post again

He got beat by the better fighter, by an undefeated fighter.

I'll leave discussions about the irrelevance of a fighter to the buffoons who like to chirp about that stuff.
And I'm not about to undermine Alvarez's win by acting like Kovalev is simply a done fighter

It's a good win for Alvarez but Kovalev was never nearly as good as people thought, he was no once in a generation, he didn't have an amazing resume. Was he Overated yes a little by most, a lot by some. Alvarez will have a harder time with the rest of the top guys but he might still win we dont know it could be anyone, but I dont see alvarez beating beterbiev.

ya dig?

It's a good win for Alvarez but Kovalev was never nearly as good as people thought, he was no once in a generation, he didn't have an amazing resume. Was he Overated yes a little by most, a lot by some. Alvarez will have a harder time with the rest of the top guys but he might still win we dont know it could be anyone, but I dont see alvarez beating beterbiev.

ya dig?

Nope, I don't dig

I thought Kovalev would win a competitive decision here so congrats to Alvarez for winning and in impressive fashion. I'm not sure why people need to shit on Kovalev in the process though. No he's not an all time great but he had 3 belts at once at one point which is more than most people achieve.

I thought Kovalev would win a competitive decision here so congrats to Alvarez for winning and in impressive fashion. I'm not sure why people need to shit on Kovalev in the process though. No he's not an all time great but he had 3 belts at once at one point which is more than most people achieve.
I own 3 belts. one is an armani belt.

ya dig?
No. He was the king for a long time. Arguably didnt lose to an ATG, then lost to an ATG, and now lost to an up and comer at near the end of his career.

Kova is and was a damn good fighter.

Well he's an asshole himself who likes to shit on other people. I used to be a fan myself until I started to learn more about the kind of person he actually is

Well he's an asshole himself who likes to shit on other people. I used to be a fan myself until I started to learn more about the kind of person he actually is
You can criticize him as a person if you want but that shouldn't effect how he's seen as a boxer. I'm sure a lot of great boxers weren't the best people. They punch people in the face, not feed the poor. I'm not looking to him as a role model.

No. He was the king for a long time. Arguably didnt lose to an ATG, then lost to an ATG, and now lost to an up and comer at near the end of his career.

Kova is and was a damn good fighter.
i've watched about 18 Alvarez fights as he adopted my home country. I knew he wasnt going to get knocked out by kovalev once it hit 6. and I saw lettermans card I thought maybe it would got 12 and I'd have Alvarez up but it would be a split decision loss or something. I felt it was even at the time of the stoppage with Kovalev trying so hard in 4-5-6 to knock him out that he ran out of steam. I dont want to really take the credit away from Alvarez who is "my guy" but I just never saw Kovalev as that good great win great resume but I dont know how he matches up with the other top people. Kovalev fought one top person ever Ward.

It was funny that they made the fight continue because if it was stopped after 2 knockdowns enough people would have called it a quick stoppage and that Kovalev was robbed, so they forced him to fight on as a zombie and get ruined.

You can criticize him as a person if you want but that shouldn't effect how he's seen as a boxer. I'm sure a lot of great boxers weren't the best people. They punch people in the face, not feed the poor. I'm not looking to him as a role model.

Kovalev was a hype Job by HBO and forum posters. his trade mark win is Pascal. 1 and 2.

Bivol is going to whoop Alvarez and become the LHW king. I hope he can fight Gvozdyk/Stevenson too. Stevenson would probably duck though.

People don't like being wrong, so will shit on a favoured fighter who loses instead of giving the winner the credit they deserve.

Ward stole Kova’s soul. God damn.
The fight had nothing to do with Ward. People need to stop using Ward to take the win away from Alvarez. Alvarez was just won plain and simple. He showed a good chin and came back after taking some hard shots from Kovalev.

The fight had nothing to do with Ward. People need to stop using Ward to take the win away from Alvarez. Alvarez was just won plain and simple. He showed a good chin and came back after taking some hard shots from Kovalev.
I didnt take away the win from Alvarez. Kova wouldnt be the first one to fall apart after a bad loss. He also wouldnt be the first to lose fights after someone had shown the blueprint on beating them.

Kova got pushed back on passed the halfway point of the fight again, and broke again. 3 times in a row now it has happened.

If you dont think thats what has happened, thats fine. I do. Alvarez still did it so good for him.

Back