Kovalev vs Alvarez II

The fact that nobody has answered this is pretty much the reason HBO didn’t want anything with that rematch.

Alvarez wins, in easier fashion.

I think it's stupid for Kovalev to rush back in against the guy that just starched him tbh. Especially if he keeps the same trainer/training regimen. He needs a major overhaul if he wants to make another run. The status quo won't get it done.
Alvarez pastes him again if nothing changes in camp Kovalev. Ann Wolfe would be perfect for him.

What made Kovalev great was that he was a destructor in the ring. In the second Ward fight, he had that beaten out of him via repetitive nut shots, but still....and he quite likely will never be the same.

The fact that nobody has answered this is pretty much the reason HBO didn’t want anything with that rematch.

Alvarez wins, in easier fashion.

To be fair, HBO could have done a much better job promoting Kovalev and Ward, and I hope that ESPN gets it right. As for the Alvarez rematch, I think Kovalev still has it in him to pull out a win, provided he can make the necessary adjustments (some of which maybe sports psychology-related).

Back