Krabi Krabong

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
was talking in another thread and got to watching some Krabi, I may have posted this before but its pretty cool to see the MT used in it.

Also Dog Brothers fights are pretty cool as well, and yes it is MMA, not UFC, but it is for sure MMA.

the hardcore european swordsmen tend to be very realistic no nonsense about their techniques. The thai guy right here did a good job of making krabi krabong look more like a fantasy martial art. I dont think it is, but he made it look quite bad compared to european style.

real sword fighting techniques, doesnt matter what the martial art is, the basic principles are always there.

I trained karbi krabong in four month in 2003 in chumphon Thailand. It was a cool experience. Trained normal muay thai, krabi krabong, and what they called thai kung fu (basicly muay boran with a bit of wushu).

I trained with the locals at a small gym there. Also fought some fights under that gym.

I trained karbi krabong in four month in 2003 in chumphon Thailand. It was a cool experience. Trained normal muay thai, krabi krabong, and what they called thai kung fu (basicly muay boran with a bit of wushu).

I trained with the locals at a small gym there. Also fought some fights under that gym.

thats awesome, I think to truly understand muay thai at a very in depth level, you should learn both krabi krabong and muay boran. This way you would know muay thai front to back, and back to front.

Awesome. Will you write about the style difference and things you learned in muay boran and the other martial arts?

Also Dog Brothers fights are pretty cool as well, and yes it is MMA, not UFC, but it is for sure MMA.

the hardcore european swordsmen tend to be very realistic no nonsense about their techniques. The thai guy right here did a good job of making krabi krabong look more like a fantasy martial art. I dont think it is, but he made it look quite bad compared to european style

That Dog Brothers video reminds me of the below video of hardcore Russian Karate training with weapons, but just less violent:

I time stamped the knife sparring, and then again at 4.57 onwards it's a bit mad.

That Dog Brothers video reminds me of the below video of hardcore Russian Karate training with weapons, but just less violent:

I time stamped the knife sparring, and then again at 4.57 onwards it's a bit mad.

Damn, dude...

ahh yes i remember seeing that a while bakc and could never find it again. so yeah those guys are extreme, crazy, and tuff, but slicing your leg open and stitching it up, just to show how much pain you can take is kinda dumb. I get theres a mental edge to be gained in being able to do that to yourself but ill pass. lol

Back