Krav Maga demo

"That guy" would typically get KO'd in my old dojo.

Knowing about Tayski's old dojo I can vouch for that - not a place I'd ever want to do that in.

Even in my old dojo in London Bridge - you'd probably get KO'd for that. I've seen it happen for less lmao.

Kyokushin discipline tends to be harsh!

This course 15 hour to become Krav Maga Instructor.

Expensive but no need experience you think worth money?

Can make money back teach?View attachment 498799

So in just 15 hours you'll learn 40 techniques against firearms, knives and stick attacks and become a qualified Krav Maga instructor to teach those techniques to other people? Just lol.

What's up with all those new shortcuts to becoming masters of everything?

Within just a few days we have a Karate master and teacher in shincheckin and a Krav Maga instructor in scheung54.

Any half decent wrestler would destroy a Krav Maga guy of a similar size

So in just 15 hours you'll learn 40 techniques against firearms, knives and stick attacks and become a qualified Krav Maga instructor to teach those techniques to other people? Just lol.

Within just a few days we have a Karate master and teacher in shincheckin and a Krav Maga instructor in scheung54.

i blame "8 minute abs" on starting the whole shortcut trend...but anyway as far as knife defense, i would hope the Israeli military or any police unit is learning effective methods. anyone know if there are some universally agreed upon knife defenses? other than getting the heck out of there....

anyone know if there are some universally agreed upon knife defenses? other than getting the heck out of there....

Yes there are some overall universally agreed principles such as avoiding the direction of the blade, controlling the arm/wrist holding the knife, and using strikes to the head and vital organ or joint locks to make them release the knife.

Then based on those principles there are different methods and techniques being drilled.

To be honest as a civilian you shouldn't really be fighting someone with knife, you're better off running away. When that's not an option you're likely to get really messed up even if you manage to survive the attack.

Better still, you can start a course for half the price and teach other people in 10 hours!!!

Friends, you have already noticed that in these Krav Maga exhibits.
One fighter strikes while the other takes the action without reacting.
In a real situation of urban violence this does not happen. The opponent will attack you.

What is the real effectiveness of this kind of self-defense.

To me this is almost on par with the karate demos as far as effectiveness goes. I would have thought it obvious to try to block a knife and follow it up with a kick or a punch if you choose not to run away...I don't think practising in super slow motion with an assistant that provides no resistance is an effective way to train in the slightest.

Theres an entire "genre" of martial arts dedicated to shit like this. Its right up there with fantasy martials you in TMA, this type of stuff is like "tactical" fantasy martial arts. In krava Magas defense, Im sure the krava maga taught in israel, or taught in the israeli military, is different than the BS you see in the US. As with just about everything in the US, it has been very watered down, Krava Maga has become the new soccer mom fitness craze. You know its bullshit when you have a ton of ladies doing it.

if you pay close attention, you will see that these guys slap themselves on the thighs and chest for additional sound effects prior to the "move" being performed. The whole concept behind stuff like this is to make it look cool, fast, and flashy, the sound effects help do that, all while being performed on guys that dont resist and get dropped from 1 shot. You can sell this type of stuff to guys that are into "tacticool" fantasy martial arts. Man that knife defense from the ground was total BS.

this is a great video regarding knife attacks

Back