Kron Gracie quietly returning on May 6??

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Yoooo…thank goodness!

it’s been about 4 years now since he last fought hasn’t it?

Even though he lost to Cub I was surprised at how well he could take a punch. Had he played to his strengths he probably would’ve won. I had high hopes for Kron so the time off will prove to either extend his career or be detrimental, either way I’m glad he’s back and I hope he wins so he doesn’t do what Gracie’s do and disappear after an L again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did find it interesting that he has a fight coming and I hadn't heard anything about it. I was just checking out upcoming cards and saw him on there. We'll see how it goes! Maybe I am generalizing too much, but I feel like some of these Gracies are simply getting by on the name and it is less about skill. Outside of Royce in the 90's, I don't think I remember any Gracie having a particularly high amount of success in MMA.

Reactions: G10
I did find it interesting that he has a fight coming and I hadn't heard anything about it. I was just checking out upcoming cards and saw him on there. We'll see how it goes! Maybe I am generalizing too much, but I feel like some of these Gracies are simply getting by on the name and it is less about skill. Outside of Royce in the 90's, I don't think I remember any Gracie having a particularly high amount of success in MMA.
Interesting considering many believe Reno’s to have been the best. Kron has faired well just got in the UFC kind of late. I’m thinking he wants a straight path to the title so I won’t be surprised if he’s trying to fight a top 5 opponent after this next one.

Kron had to nurse a knee injury he suffered out of competition and he also opened up a new gym, Kron Gracie Academy, in Belgrade, Montana. Kron by armbar Round 1

He's 34 with a few fights in his bag. He can make a last run

I'm worried for my guy Jourdain in this fight. He's super exciting on the feet but he's not the best on the ground

Yoooo…thank goodness!

it’s been about 4 years now since he last fought hasn’t it?

Even though he lost to Cub I was surprised at how well he could take a punch. Had he played to his strengths he probably would’ve won. I had high hopes for Kron so the time off will prove to either extend his career or be detrimental, either way I’m glad he’s back and I hope he wins so he doesn’t do what Gracie’s do and disappear after an L again.

Nice...his school must be established and steady now ... hopefully his fight schedule picks up now... He's the Gracie's only hope outside of someone's daughter...to win a championship in modern times

Kron had to nurse a knee injury he suffered out of competition and he also opened up a new gym, Kron Gracie Academy, in Belgrade, Montana. Kron by armbar Round 1
Awesome good to know! Knew about Montana but had no clue about the knee injury.

in Montana huh? is he teaching the cows jiu jitsu?

He closed his academy in Culver City on the west side of LA due to extended covid lock-downs back in 2020.

The only areas you could open and run a BJJ academy in 2020 were going to be rural, Montana is a beautiful state with a lot less regulation and density. He's since taken up hunting and outdoor activities, I would guess the change has been healthy for him.

Reactions: G10
Eh, we’ll see. Not a fan of Kron or the Gracie’s in general (except for Royce and Renzo), but he showed a lot of heart and toughness against Cub. It’ll add some excitement to see another Gracie, at least.

Back