KSW bans polish mmanewspl for news that damage KSW

Mihauki

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Wojciech Mrozowski from mmanews.pl announced that he was banned from KSW events. Mmanewspl is, with 50 million views, the most popular MMA related Youtube channel in Poland. It's the second biggest MMA news site (after MMArocks) in Poland.
It's not the first time KSW banned somebody: they previously banned trainer Miroslaw Okniński (criticized KSW) for cornering his fighters and manager Paweł Kowalik from MMACartel.

But this time polish MMA fans let KSW know, how they feel about the ban. Check out KSW facebook page or YT channel comment section. Their latest post are fool of #freeWojtek or #stopcenzurze hashtags. This time fans reacted to a KSW ban probably, because banning journalist isn’t well received and Wojtek Mrozowski described the ban and it’s reasons during his MMAnews live #44 episode quite well. He gave the following picture:

- He was an official KSW media partner since 2012.
- In recent years KSW tried to control his content more and more.
- They asked him to deleted harsh reader comments on his site, which he did.
- They asked him to change his backround twitter picture, because it was a UFC cage. He explained, that he just wanted to have a MMA cage as a background and he had a good one from UFC Berlin and back than KSW didn’t used a cage.
- The main reason for the ban was him braking news 2 week before KSW40 in Dublin that McSweeney due to health issues won’t be fighting against Pudzianowski. KSW owners stuck to the story till the last day, even had besides Jay Silva, McSweeney weight in the day before the fight.
- Mrozowski was informed by KSW, that he has now to inform them about everything he knows and ask permission to post anything about their org.
- A few days ago at KSW41 Mrozowski didn’t receive his media accreditation. While he interviewed both KSW owners during fight week, without them informing him about the ban, he received info about the ban during fight day. They told him, that he was damaging KSW and writing untrue stories about them.
- Mrozowski also told, that he lost his cage-side seat, which he was allowed to use for many years. He was informed, that cage-side seat will be given to news sites that write the best about KSW.

Mrozowski isn’t loved by everybody in the polish MMA community, he definitely wasn’t always a moral standard and he shouldn't be treated like the only polish MMA journalist that tries to keep a moral compass. But I think overall he is a good human being and that he mostly promoted KSW and wrote positive about them. IMO banning journalist for braking bad news or being critical from time to time is very wrong. KSW like any private company should welcome criticism and improve their product and not try to silent anybody, who tells inconvenient news.

While polish MMA fans were quite vocal about this ban, unfortunately polish MMA journalist are silent about it. It’s easy to blame them, but remember that KSW events are probably responsible for 80-90% of their sites and channel’s income. That like being banned from UFC events for a US MMA journalists – hard to make a living without having UFC media credentials.

Just to make it clear I am a big fan of KSW. They worked hard and smart and created a great MMA org that makes money. But that doen't mean they don't make mistakes and banning MMA journalist is IMO the wrong way to go and I hope they change their policy and stop trying to control news about them.

Last edited:
Companies never win in the end against the media, provided the outlet is strong enough, of course.

Fuck Ariczkl Helwanczyi, he was never their friend :cool:

KSW is a joke.

They can't even figure out how to setup a proper stream. They have poor ethics when it comes to customer service. And now they are banning journalist.

I'd never support this pile of hot garbage of a company ever again in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnily enough, all this shit began when wojslaw rysiewski (former chief editor of MMARocks(a news site known for clickbaits and kissing asses )) became the sport director of KSW. He was once a journalist and is now trying to control the media by himself. Really sad to see. Also sad that KSW became that strong that no one dare to say something against this behavior. They even have forbidden to film the ceremonial weigh ins (to journalists, fans still may film). It looks like they try to concentrate all the power and viewers to themselves. So they had to ban the last "independent" journalist. This really stinks, now all you have is a circle of adoration between the media (bumlickers) and KSW. You only have to watch the last few interviews Lewandowski and Kawulski gave. You can say a lot about Wojtek Mrozowski, but he is a workhorse and he isn't 't afraid to ask unpleasing questions(+he is one of few polish MMA journalists beeing able to hold interviews in english) . If you watch the media scrums of KSW 41 , 90 % of the questions came from him.It's ridiculous that he got banned, only for doing his job. The McSweeney story was KSW' s fault and they tried to hide it until the end. #freewojtek #wolnemedia

Last edited:
“Go cover Russian MMA. You’re too negative”

Making him change his twitter pic

This scandal is a joke. Bans are never forever. Many journalists have already had such a temporary ban. It seems to me that we do not know the whole truth. For years, Morozowski has disclosed information before the official announcement. There are probably more reasons for the ban.

This scandal is a joke. Bans are never forever. Many journalists have already had such a temporary ban. It seems to me that we do not know the whole truth.
You really think it's not a problem that journalist are banned, because after some time the ban is lifted (presumably after they came back begging and promise to write only news that are favourable towards KSW)?
Were the other bans from KSW also a joke?
I agree that we do not know the whole truth, but I haven't read any news at mmanewspl that IMO would make a ban even close to being reasonable.

You really think it's not a problem that journalist are banned, because after some time the ban is lifted (presumably after they came back begging and promise to write only news that are favourable towards KSW)?
Were the other bans from KSW also a joke?
I agree that we do not know the whole truth, but I haven't read any news at mmanewspl that IMO would make a ban even close to being reasonable.

Of course it is a problem. But first, we do not know all the reasons. We do not know the opinion of the KSW in this matter.

I don't live in Poland so I don't know what the outlook is like on MMA in general.

The UFC in early days was massive on this because they were fighting tooth and nail to get any respect from the general public, big companies, and governments both federal and state. Some of that still carries over to this day.

It isn't uncommon for people who are very passionate about their baby to step beyond what is acceptable. I'm guessing this has more to do with some behind the scene things and not just a negative article or two and leaked info once in a great while. He could've been warned multiple to times on issues and choose to ignore it and this was his punishment.

Funnily enough, all this shit began when wojslaw rysiewski (former chief editor of MMARocks(a news site known for clickbaits and kissing asses )) became the sport director of KSW. He was once a journalist and is now trying to control the media by himself. Really sad to see. Also sad that KSW became that strong that no one dare to say something against this behavior. They even have forbidden to film the ceremonial weigh ins (to journalists, fans still may film). It looks like they try to concentrate all the power and viewers to themselves. So they had to ban the last "independent" journalist. This really stinks, now all you have is a circle of adoration between the media (bumlickers) and KSW. You only have to watch the last few interviews Lewandowski and Kawulski gave. You can say a lot about Wojtek Mrozowski, but he is a workhorse and he isn't 't afraid to ask unpleasing questions(+he is one of few polish MMA journalists beeing able to hold interviews in english) . If you watch the media scrums of KSW 41 , 90 % of the questions came from him.It's ridiculous that he got banned, only for doing his job. The McSweeney story was KSW' s fault and they tried to hide it until the end. #freewojtek #wolnemedia

How the fuck was it their fault? He passed his medicals, they flew him out a week early to get even more test done. That's Safemma fault

How the fuck was it their fault? He passed his medicals, they flew him out a week early to get even more test done. That's Safemma fault

Not saying it's McSweeney fault, but much more the matchmaker's (wojslaw rysiewski) fault. Putting a fighter who told the whole world that he stopped fighting because he had a stroke caused by fighting ,on a fightcard in a country with strong mma safety regulations, isn't really smart imo.
And then they are blaming a journalist for making their desperate attempt to save the card with flying another fighter in, public.

Btw. there is still no official statement from KSW in this case (although they said it's Safemma's fault and they will bring a statement) , and no proof for the passed medicals from neither McSweeney nor KSW.

Not saying it's McSweeney fault, but much more the matchmaker's (wojslaw rysiewski) fault. Putting a fighter who told the whole world that he stopped fighting because he had a stroke caused by fighting ,on a fightcard in a country with strong mma safety regulations, isn't really smart imo.
And then they are blaming a journalist for making their desperate attempt to save the card with flying another fighter in, public.

Btw. there is still no official statement from KSW in this case (although they said it's Safemma's fault and they will bring a statement) , and no proof for the passed medicals from neither McSweeney nor KSW.

Hell ask this guy they banned. He even knows. Thats why he ate his words cause he thought he didnt pass. However, his source said weeks before the fight. They werent going to let him fight regardless. Why you think they kept him as pending? Cause all they can nit pass him for was a 14 month old statement. And homeboy should have done the right thing and atleast wait for his test results. But that takes all the fun and excitement out of it for the media.

He is lucky Mcsweeney isn't a dick and didnt publicly out his source as well and get him fired. I think this dude learned his lesson amd should be given a second chance.

An update to the ban:

Wojciech Mrozowski is having his MMAnews Live show now and Artur Szpilka, former HW boxing contender, to appear on his show. Artur is considering joining KSW, if his boxing career will continue do decline. But KSW co-owner call Szpilka and asked him not to appear on MMAnews Live. So not only did they ban Wojtek from their events, but also trying to block him from interviews, even with fighters, that aren't under their contract yet.

Second MMA journalists that contacted KSW about their ban were told 3 reasons for the ban:
He isn't an independent MMA journalist, because we (KSW) were paying for his hotel stay and food at KSW events. Mrozowski said, KSW proposed to pay for his hotel and food.
He reported in a news post that KSW reserved the arena in Kraków, during a similar time where another polish promotion had an event planned there. If I understood correctly KSW said, it's not true, but Mrozowski said the reservation was confirmed.
He reported about Jay Silva stepping in to replaced McSweeney due to his health problems, which according to KSW did damage to their show, but it turned out to be true.

Also apparently KSW informs some people on Facebook in pm that the ban isn't permanent and only for Wojtek, not the rest of MMAnewspl team. But there were no official statement on the ban and the reasons.

This is ridiculous, everytime when KSW f*cks something up they are claiming that there will be an official statement that explains everything and so on. But instead they are just waiting until the shitstorm is over and everyone forgot it.

This was the case with the al qaida entrence song of Karaoglu, same by the "safemma affair" with McSweeney and now with the ban of mmanews.pl.

Last edited:
Back