Kyoji Horiguchi (7-1 ufc) what gives?

Why is he elite? Look at the guys he defeated to "earn" his title shot:
Dustin Pague (2-7 in his last 9 fights, 1-5 final UFC record, 1-4 before fighting Horiguchi after a 3 fight losing streak)
Darrell Montague (lost all 3 of his UFC fights, Horiguchi decisioned him yet he was finished by the other 2 guys...... at Flyweight)
Jon Delos Reyes (1-3 UFC record, finished all 3 times, twice at Flyweight)
Louis Gaudinot (2-3 UFC record, only fought once a year)
Chico Camus (4-4 UFC record, only decent win was old ass Brad Pickett)
Neil Seery (16-13 MMA record, 3-4 UFC record, only wins were against 3 bums with a combined 4 UFC wins between them)
Ali Bagautinov (4-3 UFC record; take away his one good win over Lineker and his 3 opponents had 4 combined UFC wins)
This just proves you’ve never seen these guys fight and are just basing your opinion on a 5 minute Sherdog Fight Finder search. That is all I will say about that.

He's totally fun to watch and totally undersized. It's damn impressive.

He's totally fun to watch and totally undersized. It's damn impressive.

I think he made a lot of fans this weekend. I suddenly see lots of topics mentioning Kyoji and even got 3 random PM's of people wanting to discuss him.

Next time he steps into a ring there will be a new aura around him.

I have to admit I kinda forgot about him since the last Rizin. He's damn good.

He became a bit of a decisonator and I think the ufc didn't like that, offered him a shitty contract and he chose somewhere else. Shame really
His decision fights in the UFC were fun fights tho. It's not just some random lay and pray decision fights.

He's currently in a 2 night tournament and just KO'd a undefeated featherweight (someone 2 divisions bigger) who just KO'd Tatsuya Kawajiri (a ranked UFC featherweight).

giphy.gif

A 125er ktfo a 145er.. Damn.

7-1, contract ended, he chose to sign with rizin. UFC didn't actually cut him but they didn't fight to try to let horiguchi stay. Or maybe they did but rizin just offered a better deal .

top 10 fighter of the year I would say.

Probably.

- Went 5-0 this year.
- Handed Yuki Motoya his first unavenged loss in 6 years.
- Beat Shintaro Ishiwatari in rematch, remaining his only unavenged loss in 7 years.
- Gave undefeated featherweight Gabriel Oliveira his first loss after he just KO'd Tatsuya Kawajiri.
- Mancel Kape win was impressive too.

Did it all while being undersized.
Did it all with style.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back