Kyoji Horiguchi just finished Uncle Creepy in NINE SECONDS (VIDEO)

Tokoro, Oliveira, Kape, and Ishiwatari isn't a bad list of opponents in the way to a GP title. And finished every one of them.

I was mistaken about the final, wasn't I? Ishiwatari was the opponent in the final, right? Makes the whole tourney look better for Horiguchi, imo.
Yes Ishiwatari was the final. Probably got confused cause Horiguch/Oliveira headlined the 12/29 event.

Yes Ishiwatari was the final. Probably got confused cause Horiguch/Oliveira headlined the 12/29 event.
Yup. My memory isn't what it used to be. There was a time when I could rattle off who won, at which event, and the time and round, no problem. Now I can't remember last week.

McCall can't catch a break, but he can catch a tiny fist of fury.

Early ass stoppage though.
Also think its a little early but Ian would have been knocked stiff seconds later anyways by ground & pound. If you see the last slow-mo, Kyoji had already started and already landed one GnP punch before being pulled off by ref. Ian was literally only able to get the single leg b/c Kyoji was pulled off by the judge. A dazed Ian can't hold down a full gas-tank Kyoji going apeshit with his infamous GnP game

A dazed Ian can't hold down a full gas-tank Kyoji going apeshit with his infamous GnP game

giphy.gif

Kyoji confirmed he will have a kickboxing fight on the july card.

He also met up with current bantamweight K1 Champ Takei.

Last edited:
Kyoji confirmed he will have a kickboxing fight on the july card.

He also met up with current bantamweight K1 champ Takei.

Wow. There we go.

Is it another one night tournament? Or will July just be the first round?

Wow. There we go.

Is it another one night tournament? Or July will just be the first round?

Pretty sure it's a warm up fight. Sakakibara said the tournament kicks off September and ends on NYE.

Pretty sure it's a warm up fight. Sakakibara said the tournament kicks off September and ends on NYE.
Got you. It's good and bad news then. The bad news being we won't get anymore Kyoji in MMA this year.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. I'll be looking forward to it. Would you happen to know if they will be doing this at 125 or 135 lbs? I feel like Kyoji's KO power has to do with his weight. He seems to be racking up way more KOs as a bantamweight (71% KO rate) than flyweight (14% KO rate). At 125 lbs against professional kickboxers without some of his usual tools is not particularly advantageous for the Guch. If he makes it to the final bout against (most likely) Tenshin in the tournament, I feel like Tenshin has him beat, especially since Tenshin started training at Evolve.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. I'll be looking forward to it. Would you happen to know if they will be doing this at 125 or 135 lbs? I feel like Kyoji's KO power has to do with his weight. He seems to be racking up way more KOs as a bantamweight (71% KO rate) than flyweight (14% KO rate). At 125 lbs against professional kickboxers without some of his usual tools is not particularly advantageous for the Guch. If he makes it to the final bout against (most likely) Tenshin in the tournament, I feel like Tenshin has him beat, especially since Tenshin started training at Evolve.

Sakakibara said weight and number of fighters to be announced. Targeted so far are of course Kyoji, Tenshin, Taiga ( who just lost in China :oops: ) and the winner of this tournament:

Terrible stoppage.

I mean, that was a legit knock down, but he wasn't out.

Back