Kyokushin

Ive no issue with that lol, but why the costumes? If you people on here want to compare it to street fighting or other combat sports like muay thai, no gi jiu jitsu, boxing etc then ditch the costumes for competitions.

So... In your world, fighting without shirt, shoes and in speedos/trunks with pillows on your hands is streetfight or selfdefense? You fight a lot of surfers on the beaches do you?

Karate guys wear karate outfits when fighting with rules originally and specifically designed to be as close to the karate sparring that was done in kyokushin before the knockdown rules was created -which was done because the attrition on students due to injuries was unacceptable, and noone was interested in bareknuckle elimination tournaments with headpunches in the 60ies (or now).

So... In your world, fighting without shirt, shoes and in speedos/trunks with pillows on your hands is streetfight or selfdefense? You fight a lot of surfers on the beaches do you?

Karate guys wear karate outfits when fighting with rules originally and specifically designed to be as close to the karate sparring that was done in kyokushin before the knockdown rules was created -which was done because the attrition on students due to injuries was unacceptable, and noone was interested in bareknuckle elimination tournaments with headpunches in the 60ies (or now).

This isnt 'my world'....this is your guy's thread and I'm responding to people in here proclaiming this art to be great for street fighting. And fighting in shorts is much more likely than the massive baggy pants that allow for such kicks on here.

Love your martial arts guys, but dont start pretending it is fantastic for street fighting which is a different world altogether.

This isnt 'my world'....this is your guy's thread and I'm responding to people in here proclaiming this art to be great for street fighting. And fighting in shorts is much more likely than the massive baggy pants that allow for such kicks on here.

Love your martial arts guys, but dont start pretending it is fantastic for street fighting which is a different world altogether.

Kyokushin is a great art (not the greatest, because there is no such thing) that creates very though fighters and has a good track record of exporting top level fighters to top level combat sports. "Da streets" mostly consist of piss-poor fighters who is no trouble for fighters from any hard core fight sport -which kyokushin ranks among.
NOONE in this thread has claimed that kyokushin does not have its problems with rule enforced bad habits. But any fight sport, EVERY fight sport, creates bad habit for fighting outside said rules. But bad habits or not, unless a weapon is involved or a group attack occurs, I would bet on the fight hard core fight sport guy.

And if you really are so upset over karate guys fighting karate tournaments in traditional karate uniforms. Remember it could be worse. it could be wrestler uniforms
MorganMcIntoshPSU300x375.jpg

Kyokushin is a great art (not the greatest, because there is no such thing) that creates very though fighters and has a good track record of exporting top level fighters to top level combat sports. "Da streets" mostly consist of piss-poor fighters who is no trouble for fighters from any hard core fight sport -which kyokushin ranks among.
NOONE in this thread has claimed that kyokushin does not have its problems with rule enforced bad habits. But any fight sport, EVERY fight sport, creates bad habit for fighting outside said rules. But bad habits or not, unless a weapon is involved or a group attack occurs, I would bet on the fight hard core fight sport guy.

And if you really are so upset over karate guys fighting karate tournaments in traditional karate uniforms. Remember it could be worse. it could be wrestler uniforms
MorganMcIntoshPSU300x375.jpg

I think you're misunderstanding me- in no way am i critiquing the martial art itself or think of it in a negative way- I'm simply responding purely with a street fighting context. If you want to box you train in boxing, if you want to do karate train in karate...if you want to prepare for street fighting then a system designed specifically with that in mind is what will be best.

PS- don't tell me that wrestler outfit doesnt make you moist!

nice vid from warrior collective showing some KK techniques

Kyokoshin is not really a flashy style of karate, I would describe kyokoshin fighters as marauders, marching forward, I train in wado ryu karate and they drill speed and foot work as one of the main aspects

Back