Lady w/ F--k Trump sticker Arrested

The 1971 Supreme Court case, Cohen Vs. California, found that a “Fuck the draft” jacket didn’t break any statutes because it wasn’t likely to incite violence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohen_v._California

And the DA (Healy) in the county at question agrees despite what one of his minions said.

"Fort Bend County District Attorney John Healey said Thursday that a prosecutor in his office had told a sheriff’s deputy that she would be willing to charge the owner of the truck. Shortly after Nehls’s Facebook post went viral, the same deputy contacted Healey to ask him whether the owners of the vehicle could be charged for disorderly conduct for the sticker.

Healey said they could not."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-trump-window-sticker/?utm_term=.0023c9037498
I think you could (and should) get away with "fuck Trump" but I'm not convinced you can get away with "fuck you"

Free country.

Fair enough.

Luckily most of us have a better sense of public responsibility so you and this lady alike are few and far between. Have a nice weekend.

I think you could (and should) get away with "fuck Trump" but I'm not convinced you can get away with "fuck you"

The standard is whether you are using "fighting words" i.e. trying to start a fight. If I am in your face telling you to fuck off then that likely is fighting words.

Don't think they get her on the sticker.

However you have to be a real dumb ass to draw attention to yourself when you have an outstanding warrant.

But the sticker shows she is not very bright.

Fair enough.

Luckily most of us have a better sense of public responsibility so you and this lady alike are few and far between. Have a nice weekend.
I wouldn't put one on my car but if someone had one I wouldn't care. I have to work this weekend :(

Meh, I have no problem with it, really. Show some decency and common courtesy in public.

Whaaaat we agree on something? I'm a foul mouthed drug abuser. But I try to behave myself and be as kind and gentle as possible in public.

I mean I'll have a sniff and a puff in public but goddamnit I make it as subtle as possible.

So yall arent ok with a bumper sticker, but are ok with being married or in a relationship while driving past those damn Pull A Part billboard signs?

Cut it out.

Whaaaat we agree on something? I'm a foul mouthed drug abuser. But I try to behave myself and be as kind and gentle as possible in public.

I mean I'll have a sniff and a puff in public but goddamnit I make it as subtle as possible.
I used to enjoy me some cocaine but I'm too poor for that shit these days. I still smoke some weed, it was just legalized up here last year.

I've been reading a few articles about this story over the past couple of days.

In each one, they stated the bumper sticker was "F@CK Trump" "F*** Trump" or "F K Trump"

I found it interesting that the papers wouldn't print the word that got her in trouble with the local sherif.

The standard is whether you are using "fighting words" i.e. trying to start a fight. If I am in your face telling you to fuck off then that likely is fighting words.

Goes along with "likely to incite."

Don't think they get her on the sticker.

However you have to be a real dumb ass to draw attention to yourself when you have an outstanding warrant.

But the sticker shows she is not very bright.

The end.

If you want to make provocative statements and displays in public, it's best not to have a warrant out for your arrest.

The attention this person drew to themself lead to the discovery of their outstanding criminal past.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/873695001

Basically, the sheriff got butt hurt because he's a dickhead who voted for Trump and this sticker offends him -- but all the shit Trump does doesn't offend him?

He posted on FB and she was identified.

She was later arrested for an outstanding warrant.

The takeaway: jimmies were rustled.
If you don't want the book thrown at you it's wise not to turn heads.

Darwinist Prison Theory.

I don't think profane bumper stickers should be allowed. Our society lacks decency, in my opinion.

But arrested? That's absurd. I think a ticket with a small fine would be more than adequate. This is America, we should not be arresting people for bad words.

Edit: Her warrant and arrest was for fraud, but the sheriff threatened to press charges for the sticker, which is crazy.

2nd edit: You know, I take it back. The woman is irresponsible and immature, and I would not want to associate with her. But you can't really regulate the words people put on their own possessions. Who would make the list of banned words?

But I really can't stand that type of person. It's like the guy who blasts profane rap music in parking lots.

You have some hypocrisy going on in this mess of a post.

You can't say "I don't think profane bumper stickers should be allowed" only to turn around and object to the idea of someone regulating words.

Pull yourself together.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/873695001

Basically, the sheriff got butt hurt because he's a dickhead who voted for Trump and this sticker offends him -- but all the shit Trump does doesn't offend him?

He posted on FB and she was identified.

She was later arrested for an outstanding warrant.

The takeaway: jimmies were rustled.
I'm sure there's more to the story. You know the old sang, people only believe what they want to believe.

Trump is your president so get over it & quit bitching. It's time to move on. You've whined long enough. He's probably had zero affect on your life anyway. There's always one side that hates the president & you happen to be on that side. Sucks for you

I'm sure there's more to the story. You know the old sang, people only believe what they want to believe.

Trump is your president so get over it & quit bitching. It's time to move on. You've whined long enough. He's probably had zero affect on your life anyway. There's always one side that hates the president & you happen to be on that side. Sucks for you
That would be so much easier if he wasn't tweeting stupid crap every day lol

Why do we have to say "F__k" now? We used to just say "F that thing" and everyone knew what you meant.

That would be so much easier if he wasn't tweeting stupid crap every day lol
I wouldn't know because I've never been on twitter before. Like wouldn't you actually have to follow him to see his shit?

Also I don't watch the news because it's so full of shit. All about getting reactions out of people.

Back