Lake Monsters and Sea Serpents

Didn't they already scan the shit out of the lake and find nothing? We have the tech to figure this out. Deep ocean is a different story.

Thought this was pretty cool.
https://www.canadianpostagestamps.ca/stamps/16568/the-ogopogo

the-ogopogo-canada-stamp.jpg

These creatures are exposing themselves above the water. Too many eyewitnesses describe the same thing. Definitely not a sturgeon.

This is the best non photoshopped picture of champ

es_lakechamplain_121911.jpg

In 2018, this is the best the cryptozoologists can come up with

<{outtahere}>

Looks like a friggin goose taken 50 years ago. You have to actively fuck with your camera to take a picture that bad.

In 2018, this is the best the cryptozoologists can come up with

<{outtahere}>

Looks like a friggin goose taken 50 years ago. You have to actively fuck with your camera to take a picture that bad.

Not bad for 1977. It was taken by some lady on shore.

Definitely not the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reported_lake_monsters

They seem to be able to withstand the cold temperatures in Northern parts of the world.

About that, until late 1700 this gigantic thing was in nordic seas

maxresdefault.jpg

steller_Vaca.jpg

Steller's sea cow (Hydrodamalis gigas) is an extinct sirenian discovered by Europeans in 1741. At that time, it was found only around the Commander Islands in the Bering Sea between Alaska and Russia; its range was more extensive during the Pleistocene epoch, and it is possible that the animal and humans previously interacted. Eighteenth century adults would reach weights of 8–10 metric tons (8.8–11.0 short tons) and lengths up to 9 meters (30 ft).

About that, until late 1700 this gigantic thing was in nordic seas

maxresdefault.jpg

steller_Vaca.jpg

Steller's sea cow (Hydrodamalis gigas) is an extinct sirenian discovered by Europeans in 1741. At that time, it was found only around the Commander Islands in the Bering Sea between Alaska and Russia; its range was more extensive during the Pleistocene epoch, and it is possible that the animal and humans previously interacted. Eighteenth century adults would reach weights of 8–10 metric tons (8.8–11.0 short tons) and lengths up to 9 meters (30 ft).

That's not a sea serpent/monster though. It is monstrous so why not lol.

Maybe there's a plesiosaur out there somewhere.. Maybe.

But holy shitballs some of those videos in the OP are fake as hell.

How much of the ocean have we explored?

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/exploration.html

And he didn't say it was filmed in the trench, dummy.

It's always interesting how they refuse to point out where they get that 95% figure. It's a load of shit. When they say that they only mean via topographical imaging, not that we haven't been in the waters to see what's down there. We have been all over the oceans across the globe fishing, diving, and exploring.

The entire point of him bringing up the sleeper shark was that it was claimed to be a specimen from the Marina Trench that was larger than thought to be possible. It's not. It's just a regular sleeper shark.

I'm sorry you don't understand the context of that image, dummy.

Just to show how fucking silly this idea of these giant undiscovered creatures hiding in the oceans from us. When was the last time we discovered something we had no idea about in the oceans that was on the scale you're talking about? If you go look at the animal discoveries now, it's almost always small relatives of known species found isolated, and not anything radically different from what we know exists. The idea that megalodon are hiding in the Marina Trench is as idiotic as the idea that Bigfoot is in the woods.

The one pic is an elephant.

The idea that megalodon are hiding in the Marina Trench is as idiotic as the idea that Bigfoot is in the woods.
I agree. It's very unlikely that anything that large could be hiding without being found. Similarly to my example of sturgeon vs. lake monsters, the concept of the Sasquatch makes sense if you don't imagine it to be a new creature. I mean, where would you possibly find large, hairy, animals that can walk upright, and live in the woods? Wait, we already have that. Bears can do exactly that.

As a bit of a downer, however:
That bear was killed during a hunt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedals_(bear)

With 90% of the planet with a smart phone (at least in Scotland and Canada), there should be credible videos daily of creatures in these lakes. The fact that there aren't and so many are sketchy, does not bode well.

When I was little, I always hoped the Loch Ness monster existed and there were Bigfoots. Then, I grew up and realized they don't exist. ;)

I agree. It's very unlikely that anything that large could be hiding without being found. Similarly to my example of sturgeon vs. lake monsters, the concept of the Sasquatch makes sense if you don't imagine it to be a new creature. I mean, where would you possibly find large, hairy, animals that can walk upright, and live in the woods? Wait, we already have that. Bears can do exactly that.

As a bit of a downer, however:
That bear was killed during a hunt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedals_(bear)

It was actually for the worse to allow Pedals to become comfortable around humans in the New Jersey suburbs. It was not a healthy lifestyle for a wild bear to be living. An animal should be living in its own natural habitat and eco. In the article this is not addressed in depth yet my educated guess is he would frighten people for food and people were offering it to him, people were just leaving food out for him, or he was consuming waste food out of trash cans. I do not support the killing of the bear, but rather I support punishing the humans who were playing with mother nature.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-did-hunters-kill-him/?utm_term=.485cdf8c95d4

Lol rent free. As always. <GinJuice>

Congrats, you're right under 'bad butt jokes' in the footnote section of "things I laugh at because they're stupid". Must be quite an accomplishment for you.

Is that why you're celebrating, or is it because that's an upgrade from the current basement you occupy?

<{Heymansnicker}>

What's the percentage of lakes explored in this thread titled Lake Monsters?

^ looks like somebody doesn't know what a LOCH is.

Hey genius, get to googling.

...wow. Hey genius, google "how to read a thread title" then come back to this thread and get laughed at more.

Just try not to smash the report button every time someone brings reason into one of these threads, gulliboys(especially you Agent Mulder's Bush). It gives away how affected you guys get when people explain reality to you.

It was actually for the worse to allow Pedals to become comfortable around humans in the New Jersey suburbs. It was not a healthy lifestyle for a wild bear to be living. An animal should be living in its own natural habitat and eco. In the article this is not addressed in depth yet my educated guess is he would frighten people for food and people were offering it to him, people were just leaving food out for him, or he was consuming waste food out of trash cans. I do not support the killing of the bear, but rather I support punishing the humans who were playing with mother nature.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-did-hunters-kill-him/?utm_term=.485cdf8c95d4

Huh? Allow pedals?

Back