Lanchana Green of TUF 23 and Team Claudia

CkB7CmyWUAA6sQU.jpg

No, the exception applies only for hot chicks, or in Danaspeak: "marketable."

Exactly. Haga definitely isn't one to post up all sorts of racy/subversive stuff on social media. That's kind of why I assumed she wasn't even considered for TUF 23. I'm guessing there were others at TUF tryouts who were in a similar situation. Kind of sucks, but I can understand how UFC has to approach TUF from a business/ratings standpoint.

AFAIK, Lanchana hasn't posted anything racy to social media. I don't think she did anything to play up her looks. She's not Felice Herrig.

Looking at various pictures of Lanchana, I doubt she drops much weight. It wouldn't surprise me if she walks around at 125 lbs .

Still can't believe these two are in the same weight division. Gahdela must have a heck of a cut to 115. Makes sense why she chose to skip TUF 20.
Up to 33lbs... that would explain a lot.

Thanks. That's interesting. I wonder why she was given a chance without having a single pro win. I recall with TUF 20 there was talk about how Angela Hill had gotten her only win very shortly before TUF try-outs, and how necessary a win was to get on the show. I had assumed that fighters without wins who went to tryouts were just hoping to make connections with the UFC, but not actually expecting to get in.

It's cause she's hot. What else?

Looking at various pictures of Lanchana, I doubt she drops much weight. It wouldn't surprise me if she walks around at 125 lbs .

From her week 1 blog

"With three weeks until potentially flying out I focused purely on honing my strength – my striking – whilst also increasing my fitness. As I don't cut any weight to hit 115lb, I knew some of the girls would be bigger coming into the fights. So my plan was be quicker, fitter and, ultimately, to be able to hit them more times than they could hit me."

"On Friday 22nd January I flew back out to Vegas to board The Ultimate Fighter rollercoaster. Seeing the other girls in their sweat suits, running and cutting weight whilst I could keep sharpening my skill-set made me so glad I didn't have to go through what they were."

UFC need a 105 division. Lots of girls there.

105 would be great, but I haven't gotten the impression that there are "lots" of fighters out there in that division. UFC would have to clean out all the other orgs just to have a top ten. Unfortunately, for a lot of them, it's a big jump up to 115.

Wasn't this the girl who had the turnaround stoppage over the really cute STL police officer?

105 would be great, but I haven't gotten the impression that there are "lots" of fighters out there in that division. UFC would have to clean out all the other orgs just to have a top ten. Unfortunately, for a lot of them, it's a big jump up to 115.

It is better than 145

Atomweights (96-105 pounds)

1. Ayaka Hamasaki (13-1) – Invicta FC Champion
2. Jinh Yu Frey (5-1)
3. “V.V” Mei Yamaguchi (15-9-1)
4. Naho “Sugi Rock” Sugiyama (11-4)
5. Herica Tiburcio (9-4)
6. Amber “The Bully” Brown (6-2)
7. Mina Kurobe (6-2)
8. Emi Tomimatsu (11-10)
9. Kanna Asakura (3-1)
10. Julia “Jewels” Jones (4-0)

11. Thaty Bergamaschi – 12. Tessa Simpson – 13. Kyra Batara – 14. Catherine Costigan – 15. Satomi Takano

Wasn't this the girl who had the turnaround stoppage over the really cute STL police officer?

Indeed. It was gnarly. I don't think anyone anticipated such a turn of events. It's always great to see fights like that. People who say WMMA is boring have never really watched it.

Going forward, I'm curious to see how Lanchana Green fares against other SWs. Considering that she doesn't even cut any weight, one could easily argue that she will be one of the smaller competitors in the division. But if there WERE a 105 div, I wonder if it would be hard for Green to make that. She seems pretty lean as it is. She would pair up great with someone like Soe Hee Ham. I look forward to seeing her progression beyond TUF.

It is better than 145

Atomweights (96-105 pounds)

1. Ayaka Hamasaki (13-1) – Invicta FC Champion
2. Jinh Yu Frey (5-1)
3. “V.V” Mei Yamaguchi (15-9-1)
4. Naho “Sugi Rock” Sugiyama (11-4)
5. Herica Tiburcio (9-4)
6. Amber “The Bully” Brown (6-2)
7. Mina Kurobe (6-2)
8. Emi Tomimatsu (11-10)
9. Kanna Asakura (3-1)
10. Julia “Jewels” Jones (4-0)

11. Thaty Bergamaschi – 12. Tessa Simpson – 13. Kyra Batara – 14. Catherine Costigan – 15. Satomi Takano
anything looks deep compared to 145, 125 is a better option.

Back