Lando hasn't won in 3 out of the last 4

200.gif
groovysno.gif

For being at jacksons his fight iq really sucks. His wrestling is sick and he never seems to have an issue taking his opponents down, but doesn't really use it to grind them, instead to set up His striking and also doesn't have enough output imo in his striking. But I really think the tools are there and he does seem kind of small for the division

~DaViD~

Don't forget, he's young & constantly improving. I see evolution every fight... & he's in a great camp & hiring people to help him now that he's the bonus king & can afford it.

Good post here... but lets not throw out "he won't win belts" just yet. imo

OP is an infiltrator...

freezze.gif

ben.gif

Letz Hijack this shit!

hijackedthread.jpg

Ok he was green against Ferguson who's the best LW in the UFC at the moment but he still beat El Cucuy around the place, but why couldn't he beat two mediocre fighters in Green and Teymur.

I don't understand. Lando is the GOAT.

You fucked up breh

He would've beat Bobby without the point deduction

Needless to say he's top 10 entertaining fighters in the UFC imo

Similar to KZ, Lauzon and Diaz
Well said. I'll take it one step further though & say "he beat Bobby Green EVEN WITH the point deduction."

When rounds 1 & 3 are both scored the same, it shows a serious flaw in the scoring system. What the hell do you got to do around here to get a 10/8?
Hit the guy so hard that his nervous system can no longer keep him standing? Check
Beat him till he's spread eagle belly on the mat? Check
Keep bringing the pain to a point most refs would've stopped it? Check.

Then you go to round 3 which was a super close round... & it's scored the same?

bCM2Dz3.jpg

I agree with this. My impression especially after the Green and Teymur fights, is that he's a one round wonder. Extremely dangerous in the first round, but after that he fades and his defense sucks.
don't give up on him just yet. You see the hands up a lot more now... that's improvement. You see him with more energy in later rounds against Green than you did against Teymur... that's improvement. He's young & doing all the right things... & until it all comes together... we still get record breaking FOTN's.

Tony's tough as a coffin nail and always get his ass kicked in the first. It's part of his "are you done yet" stratagem. Means nothing. Slow starter. Who went to hospital with broken nose and multiple lacerations that needed stiching. Who got dieded and choked the fuck out. Who had to take a year off after a 2 round beating?
Jesus Christ, Tony...settle down. Everyone knows you won the fight & are the true LW Champion. He was just illustrating that Lando looked better against the best in the division, only to look less impressive against lesser opposition than Tony.

Lando is a great wobbler but a horrible finisher. Wobbled 3 of his last opponents, knocked out the other one. He just gets them close to death but never capitalizes on it for some reason.

Lando is a great wobbler but a horrible finisher. Wobbled 3 of his last opponents, knocked out the other one. He just gets them close to death but never capitalizes on it for some reason.
Try to finish some mutha bigger than u, El Cucuy is no LW!

If Lando came in from another major org, people would be saying he's overrated by now

MMA is a predominantly grappling sport, if you are not going to panic wrestler at the right moments in a fight, the chances of you being great will be diminished.

Fight IQ is underrated.

Back