Lapel Manipulation Vol. 1 - ForRealFightMoves Instructional

That inversion detail to turn the sail into a snake is just what I needed. Is there an ideal toe length for this move?

That inversion detail to turn the sail into a snake is just what I needed. Is there an ideal toe length for this move?

Any toe length can work, but the longer the better (more surface area and thus friction. Simple physics).

I get that it's a joke, but twisting the lapel is a real thing. I've seen McKenzie Dern teach baseball choke variants (side mount, pass your own lapel over their neck, grip, step over and spin, etc.) that are that are absolutely HORRIFIC to experience if you first twist up the lapel and take all the slack out. It's like being choked with an iron bar instead of a rope.

My favorite part is when you said this is real basic, real fundamental. hehe

I get that it's a joke, but twisting the lapel is a real thing. I've seen McKenzie Dern teach baseball choke variants (side mount, pass your own lapel over their neck, grip, step over and spin, etc.) that are that are absolutely HORRIFIC to experience if you first twist up the lapel and take all the slack out. It's like being choked with an iron bar instead of a rope.

But does McKenzie teach a complete inversion to get the twist?

Back