Lara: Canelo Has 3 Losses on Record - Me, Golovkin, Mayweather

Even if he is right he does himself no favors playing the victim , it pushes people away ,

He has had some recent good performances and really is going about it the wrong way to get s fight with Canelo

Or maybe I am seeing this wrong and all he wants is to have his name out there ,

Word. He's most likely name dropping & attempting to stoke the fire for media attention but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in thinking that he'd like to secure a rematch with Canelo because of the payday. Realistically, it's almost guaranteed to be name dropping because he knows the odds of getting a rematch with Canelo are extremely low especially with Canelo fighting at 160 now. Any publicity is good publicity they say, though not necessarily. He wants to appear relevant somehow. When you're not fighting you should be talking so that people don't forget about you.

Last edited:
Lara is one of those boxers who doesn't really realize that outclassing a guy doesn't necessarily mean you're beating him. The guy stinks it up whenever he has a big fight and wonders why no one wants to watch him or fight him.

"If you look at Canelo's record there are three marks. There's Mayweather, me and Golovkin. Great fighters fix the wrongs on their record, and Canelo and his team will have to do that sooner or later," Lara said.

"The Canelo rematch is there. The Golovkin fight is out there. I have unfinished business that has to be settled. Canelo knows who the true winner of our fight was, and he doesn't want to do that fight again." - via boxingscene

Once again, I agree with Lara.

The only clear loss there is to Mayweather. Lara loves the sound if his own voice and needs to work on acquiring a fan base, or at least a few more ppl who buy into his bull shit. NO ONE cares about a rematch between himself and Canelo. I would be more Interested in a rematch with Golovkin or a go with Billy Joe Saunders as at least he has an audience.

<{1-8}> .

Last edited:
bscene5.gif

It's not really ridiculous to suggest that Lara beat Canelo. It's a shame that he hasn't really had many (if any) meaningful fights since then (Lara is obviously ducked to some extent, but one might wonder if his side isn't the easiest to negotiate with, either).

I dont think theres a long list lining up to fight him but he can absolutely do better than he has. Go up in weight if you really want to chase a name and the dollars.

Or, if youre going to fight low level guys, beat the brakes off of them and go for putting on a show instead of a boxing clinic that most dont enjoy watching.
i disagree about the weight. he performs optimally at 154, why would he need to move up in order to get the big fights? the guys at his weight should fight him, he shouldn't have to fight at a weight disadvantage just so someone mans up and steps into the ring with him.

i agree with the second part, though. he should be KOing these guys left and right in the first 3 rounds, but then again that isn't and never will be his style. he's a slick boxer, that's what he does.

lara definitely edged canelo by enough to be salty about that loss imo, given how big of a name canelo is now, how much more money he would be making etc

unless canelo gets ko'd he aint losing for the next decade

Lara is one of those boxers who doesn't really realize that outclassing a guy doesn't necessarily mean you're beating him. The guy stinks it up whenever he has a big fight and wonders why no one wants to watch him or fight him.

That's my view on it too. It's weird that he thinks he clearly beat Canelo, but believes that GGG did too. Canelo tried to do to GGG some of the same things Lara tried to do against Canelo.

That name was purposely left off because it voids his silly argument.
You are so full of shit man, can't make a counterargument without throwing shade.

Putting Lara and Canelo on equal playing field regarding match making is absurd. Canelo can make any fight he wants, Lara can't. If all you can come up with is Cotto (considering the imbalance in power), then you have no argument.

exaclty who has lara outclassed?

he has one good win on his record, austin trout, and thats it. since he wont be fighting again this year the next time he steps into the ring hell be 35.

a 35 year old relying on speed and reflexes to go with a glass body and glass chin...not a good combination.

GGG beat him 8 rounds to 4 and it's not really debatable. Lara was closer but I still had Lara winning. Canelo reaps the rewards of a corrupt boxing system.

You are so full of shit man, can't make a counterargument without throwing shade.

Putting Lara and Canelo on equal playing field regarding match making is absurd. Canelo can make any fight he wants, Lara can't. If all you can come up with is Cotto (considering the imbalance in power), then you have no argument.

What? Cotto hits harder than Lara.

exaclty who has lara outclassed?

he has one good win on his record, austin trout, and thats it. since he wont be fighting again this year the next time he steps into the ring hell be 35.

a 35 year old relying on speed and reflexes to go with a glass body and glass chin...not a good combination.

"Outclassing" somebody is a term that is well overused, it basically just means that you were the cleaner boxer and had moments where you made the other guy look bad.

By is that loose and general definition, Lara outclassed Canelo at times.

"Outclassing" somebody is a term that is well overused, it basically just means that you were the cleaner boxer and had moments where you made the other guy look bad.

By is that loose and general definition, Lara outclassed Canelo at times.

outclassing to me is floyd canelo, floyd gatti, you can even say lara trout.

outclassing to me is floyd canelo, floyd gatti, you can even say lara trout.

I don't disagree with you. There were people on this forum saying that Canelo outclassed GGG. To me that is absurd and misusing the term.

I don't disagree with you. There were people on this forum saying that Canelo outclassed GGG. To me that is absurd and misusing the term.

that's just ggg hate or Mayweather love, however you want to put it. fortunately theres not much of that on sherdog.

Hopkins pavlik is another example where one fighter completely outclassed another.

It's not really ridiculous to suggest that Lara beat Canelo. It's a shame that he hasn't really had many (if any) meaningful fights since then (Lara is obviously ducked to some extent, but one might wonder if his side isn't the easiest to negotiate with, either).
Lara is the epitome of high risk, low reward, much like his Cuban counterpart in Rigo. I also agree that Lara/Canelo was a very close fight and iirc I thought it easily could've gone either way, tbh.

Back