Lara: Canelo Has 3 Losses on Record - Me, Golovkin, Mayweather

i disagree about the weight. he performs optimally at 154, why would he need to move up in order to get the big fights? the guys at his weight should fight him, he shouldn't have to fight at a weight disadvantage just so someone mans up and steps into the ring with him.

i agree with the second part, though. he should be KOing these guys left and right in the first 3 rounds, but then again that isn't and never will be his style. he's a slick boxer, that's what he does.
If you want the bigger fights and arent getting them, do more to get them. Hes said himself hes willing to go up.

Thats my point is that hes not doing what he needs to do to get them.
You are so full of shit man, can't make a counterargument without throwing shade.

Putting Lara and Canelo on equal playing field regarding match making is absurd. Canelo can make any fight he wants, Lara can't. If all you can come up with is Cotto (considering the imbalance in power), then you have no argument.
Im full of shit? You tried to claim that Lara has an equal resume of opponents as Canelo, and you left off Canelo’s biggest win. How does that make me the one that is full of shit? Im not the one skewing resumes to fit my argument.

Maybe Lara should do some more talking with his fists instead of his mouth and he could actually get a big fight too. And I say that as a fan.

GGG beat him 8 rounds to 4 and it's not really debatable. Lara was closer but I still had Lara winning. Canelo reaps the rewards of a corrupt boxing system.
“Not really debatable” even though two judges and most fans think its closer than that....?

Your scoring isnt much better than the corrupt system I guess.

exaclty who has lara outclassed?

he has one good win on his record, austin trout, and thats it. since he wont be fighting again this year the next time he steps into the ring hell be 35.

a 35 year old relying on speed and reflexes to go with a glass body and glass chin...not a good combination.
What I mean is that he thinks looking like the better technician means he's winning. There is probably a better way to say what I mean. He generally looks like the better boxer but doesn't do much to actually win.

What I mean is that he thinks looking like the better technician means he's winning. There is probably a better way to say what I mean. He generally looks like the better boxer but doesn't do much to actually win.

i think that lara has poor punch resistance and unlike amir khan he doesnt go for greatness because of it.

khan dont give a fuk and walks the walk.

laras and his mouth are just pure garbage. tonight he should be fighting lubin, charlo, andrade or hurd and instead he is fighting an unproven prospect that was kd by a complete nobody in his last fight

typical erislandry lara

i cannot believe that more people cannot see what is so obvious

Lara had the perfect chance last night to put a stamp on the W.

Make people talk about you. He put on a clinic and a beat down but it did him zero favors again.

Lara trying to stay relevant. He does not deserve a rematch. How do you call out canelo and then literally run when you fight him and try to win with just one punch per round?
Lara did a poor job of trying to emulate mayweathers win over canelo.
If Lara doesnt deserve a rematch then neither does Canelo, for those exact reasons and then some. Lara fought Canelo closer than Canelo fought GGG, period
GGG was the one calling out Canelo. Canelo doesn't even need to rematch GGG, he's equal to that bigger guy. To say that Lara fought Canelo the way Canelo fought GGG proves you are blind. Let's see how many power punches Lara landed on Canelo compared to what Canelo landed on GGG.

GGG was the one calling out Canelo. Canelo doesn't even need to rematch GGG, he's equal to that bigger guy. To say that Lara fought Canelo the way Canelo fought GGG proves you are blind. Let's see how many power punches Lara landed on Canelo compared to what Canelo landed on GGG.

Look, i get it, you're a Canelo homer, probably a chicano if your name is any indication, so understand why you're only focussing on Canelo's landed power shots. But anyone who actually knows anything about boxing could see that Lara had more premeditation in his movements,...whereas Canelo was being PRESSURED to move. Lara also took fewer clean punches from Canelo than Canelo took from GGG.

You can easily make an argument that Lara beat Canelo. You can make NO ARGUMENT that Canelo beat GGG. If you were generous to Canelo, the most you can give him is a draw (even most Canelo supporters agree with this).

Look, i get it, you're a Canelo homer, probably a chicano if your name is any indication, so understand why you're only focussing on Canelo's landed power shots. But anyone who actually knows anything about boxing could see that Lara had more premeditation in his movements,...whereas Canelo was being PRESSURED to move. Lara also took fewer clean punches from Canelo than Canelo took from GGG.

You can easily make an argument that Lara beat Canelo. You can make NO ARGUMENT that Canelo beat GGG. If you were generous to Canelo, the most you can give him is a draw (even most Canelo supporters agree with this).
There is actually no argument to make. The fact is Lara LOST to Canelo, and Canelo got a DRAW on ggg. The judges are the experts not me or you.
And there is also no argument that Lara is a boring safe boxer trying to cry his way to a money fight. He had his chance and blew it. With that boring style why would a ppv cash cow want his sales to stumble? The proof is in Lara's last fight, the viewers actually dropped during his fight.

Back