vcmmafan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Largest sports contracts In History

AdsUYxx.png

os7WskP.png

s40wJIj.png

"This is a list of the largest sports contracts. These figures include signing bonuses but exclude options, buyouts, and endorsement deals. This list does not reflect the highest annual salaries or career earnings, only the top 100 largest contracts and thus is limited to athletes in team sports and auto racing. Athletes in individual sports, such as golf, tennis, and boxing are not typically employed by a team"

I only recognize about 5 names from that list... lol

I don't know about a big contract, but baseball been berry berry good to him.

th

th
th
th

A lot of money per strikeout for stanton.
Price one playoff win cost the Sox a lot so far
Surprised trout didnt get more
Cano and Pujols getting that money for what they did in the past.. good for them, bad for there teams.
Zitto was horrible in San Fran
How to soccer contracts work??? because Ronaldo and Messi are two of the highest paid athletes.. Ronaldo was the top for a few years.

Last edited:
Not one ''Soccer'' or Formula 1 guy on the list suggests this is either horseshit or suffers from North American tunnel vision.

Not one ''Soccer'' or Formula 1 guy on the list suggests this is either horseshit or suffers from North American tunnel vision.
There are some F1 and soccer guys on the list.....

Michael Schumacher
Kimmi Raikonnen
Gareth Bale

But I agree, it seems there should be more...

Pretty interesting.

Several billion dollars split up between one hundred people, because they've been deemed very good at playing recreational games with balls. Our future alien overlords must get a kick out of this.

That’s a lot of risk on Canelo, if he takes on bigger tougher guys, it’s a better draw, but risks him losing and taking a beating that could hurt his drawing power for the remainder of the contract. Give him soft opposition and fans won’t tune in. Either way, DAZN will go bust before that contract is up.

Last edited:
The Canelo Alvarez contract is pretty redonkulous. When you consider his average pay for fight compared to the rest of them. It's not even close. This is not even including his percentage of PPV buys.

damn, they sure have alot of dough in baseball thats for sure

so based on $$$ per year, looks like the nba owns this list.

Pretty interesting.

Several billion dollars split up between one hundred people, because they've been deemed very good at playing recreational games with balls. Our future alien overlords must get a kick out of this.
a more accurate way to describe it is they are paid because they attract fan viewership and attention. And that translates to ticket sales and ad revenue. Just being good at it isnt enough. No one is paying the world's best bowler millions of dollars even though it is no less difficult than say golf.

I am shocked at how much more money there is in baseball than football. I was looking at the list and was like "oh they left football off this...." only to find the guys in the 30's. Baseball pays a lot of money.

The Canelo contract proves once again that cheaters really do win.

I am shocked at how much more money there is in baseball than football. I was looking at the list and was like "oh they left football off this...." only to find the guys in the 30's. Baseball pays a lot of money.

Good football players make a shitton of money too they just dont get as long of contracts/as much guaranteed. Injuries is why. Also baseball has no salary cap.

How to soccer contracts work??? because Ronaldo and Messi are two of the highest paid athletes.. Ronaldo was the top for a few years.

I think they're just a lot shorter than most other sports' so they don't make these lists.

For example, Carlos Tevez was making $40 million a year in China but only lasted 1 or 2 years. Messi and Ronaldo are also at about $40m/year but their contracts last 3-4 years.

Back