Lasha Talakhadze 220 KG Snatch (New WR)

Alex5124

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Absolutely insane.

is it true that weightlifters don't deadlift or bench?

serious question here.

i saw some weightlifting training videos in the past where it was all squats, squats, squats, overhead or some assistance for the full lifts. i read somewhere they don't deadlift because it ruins the technique and the bench is not needed for pressing. but they were all either from china or ex soviet countries.

Vas is a god damn savage.

He has more in him. That looked easy.
Thinking about a human being snatching 4 red plates is insane. If he stays healthy it’s going to happen.

I’ve heard he’s snatched 230 off blocks in training and 210 for a triple off the ground.

is it true that weightlifters don't deadlift or bench?

Assistance lifts will vary highly across teams and programs, and since the bench and deadlift are not contested lifts, it is very possible to construct viable programs that don't use them.

serious question here.

i saw some weightlifting training videos in the past where it was all squats, squats, squats, overhead or some assistance for the full lifts. i read somewhere they don't deadlift because it ruins the technique and the bench is not needed for pressing. but they were all either from china or ex soviet countries.
everything ive read , or seen, the focus is definitely on squats, front and back.

Elite weightlifters are not maxing out on squats very often. Squats are usually done at the end of training sessions, at less than maximal weights. Lasha’s max back squat is 330. He could obviously do more than that, he just hasn’t attempted heavier weights.

Elite weightlifters are not maxing out on squats very often. Squats are usually done at the end of training sessions, at less than maximal weights. Lasha’s max back squat is 330. He could obviously do more than that, he just hasn’t attempted heavier weights.

With the notable exceptions of the bulgarians, but that was front squats or GTFO

serious question here.

My coaches programmed bench only very early in a cycle and it was done only once every week or two. I was just for general muscular development I guess, it was never challenging. Programming a lot of bench has always hurt my ability to snatch and OHS. Deadlift was never programmed, only various pulls.

Last edited:
The clean and jerk was impressive too. Looked easy and had a really annoying crowd to deal with.

The clean and jerk was impressive too. Looked easy and had a really annoying crowd to deal with.
That was honestly disgraceful. I felt terrible for the poor guy after Salimi. They were being totally obnoxious.

In b4 his world record is nulled a few years from now.

Amazing...Loved watching Nathan Dameron from Mash Mafia as well. Insanely strong as a young 94kg lifter.

Back