Last Chance U - Season 2 now on Netflix

I still can't comprehend how some of these kids got out of high school.

While Isaiah and Kam were the biggest fuckups at least the Isaiah kid was aware that the head coach had no idea how to properly coach the demographic that he has to work with

The head coach put winning ahead of everything and for that he gained a lot of problems. The players aren't as dumb as I thought at first, they knew that they are simply being used despite "education is my primary job" motto. This was even more evident with the short clips of the players from season one who basically said either "fuck coach" or "I wouldn't go back". I was pretty indifferent to his style of coaching yet you get a taste of his true personality when he brought up the head coach in waitings ex wife for no other reason that to shit on him on camera. I'm glad that guy left.

While last chance u was ass backwards the school that hadn't won a game in 2 years was even worse....holy shit. They should make a doc about that school

Juco football is a business. Juco coaches are sleezy car salesman, and there only goal is to win. The whole idea behind Juco ball is to win and move onto better things, for coaches and players. The players are using the juco's just as much as the coaches are using them. Wrangling those players to do what you want is about as easy as herding kittens, so I give the HC a break.

I think the compliance chick is just getting used by everybody. She has to get the kids to pass or she gets fired, thats her job. She is likely getting fucked by some of the players. The other players just hit on her and probably say the crudest shit about her off camera.

Next season will be interesting, at Independence CC. I know Kansas Juco's pretty well. Indy is not a power and never has been. They just went .500 last year and have far shittier facilities than EMCC. The KS Juco's are the hardest conference though (Cali Juco's don't play other states). Should have followed Garden City. The won the national title last year. However they have some of the biggest scum pieces of shit (rapists), so viewers would likely not find any characters redeeming

Im confused, Wyatt wasnt the least bit interesting. He had no personality at all.

I think to a non American he is more interesting. I guess you could see him as average from a us standpoint. To us he is more iconic of America.

I think to a non American he is more interesting. I guess you could see him as average from a us standpoint. To us he is more iconic of America.
Wasnt Wyatt the QB? He said 2 words all season. The backup QB had way more camera time.

I liked the starting QB. Thought it was dumb how he didn't get any D1 offers even though he started the entire season save for the like ONE game where the brawl broke out.

His honesty was pretty cool too. The academic adviser asked him if he would go D2 and how he was like "nah, I don't get a D1 offer I'll just quit football and go to Ole Miss" or whatever.

Last edited:
Good ol country boy quarterback with that Mississippi Elvis draw who went to Mississippi State and lived in a cabin in the woods with a dog and hunted on the weekends. Americana at it's finest.

I liked the starting QB. Thought it was dumb how he didn't get any D1 offers even though he started the entire season save for the like ONE game where the brawl broke out.

His honesty was pretty cool too. The academic adviser asked him if he would go D2 and how he was like "nah, I don't get a D1 offer I'll just quit football and go to Ole Miss" or whatever.
I didn't dislike him or anything, just saying he barely got any camera time due to his laid back personality. I liked Olie, DJ Law, and the backup QB Franklin that season.

I didn't dislike him or anything, just saying he barely got any camera time due to his laid back personality. I liked Olie, DJ Law, and the backup QB Franklin that season.
Franklin is a garbage player. Watching him against Alabama he was shook as fuck.

Nope Independence Kansas. A usually bad juco in Kansas, but they were .500 last year with new coaches
Did they have a reason for the change in schools? Other than it became a little too obvious academic adviser is more than an adviser?

Did they have a reason for the change in schools?
Seems like the directors didn't think Buddy was as open to having cameras around again. He came out and said he was recently, so who knows. I think the series decided to leave and had to quickly pick a school. Garden City turned them down right after. Indy fits the description of shitty small town that they go for. Facilities are shitty though. Butler or Coffeyville would have been better, as they are traditional NFL factories. Iowa Western would have been good too

I still can't comprehend how some of these kids got out of high school.
Lets be honest, and I know this is gonna sound preachy, but the system failed these kids. "Who cares about grades he can ball" "Lets be honest, what does he need math for its the NFL or McDonalds for this kid." I live in the middle of nowhere, we have a shit team, and I heard shit like that about kids here. Can you imagine what its like if you had talent and play ball at a HS in Texas or Florida? I know the chick on the show (her name escapes me, but damn I would take her to pound town faster than the shit ass coach would find a reason to call out a kid) actually cared about the players, but to everyone else they are nothing more than a resource. Who gives a shit about them when they are done playing for us?

I really liked season 1, but season 2 wasn't anything special. I don't think I'll be watching season 3 if its the same coach.

Season 2 QB >>>>>>> Season 1 QBs
I don't remember the offense being the cause of them losing games season 1, except for the game ending pick Wyatt threw one game. But the defense in season 1 was making games closer than they should've been. The secondary was terrible.

I don't remember the offense being the cause of them losing games season 1, except for the game ending pick Wyatt threw one game. But the defense in season 1 was making games closer than they should've been. The secondary was terrible.

Again, besides defense and offense:

Season 2 QB >>>>>>>> Season 1 QBs

And it's not even close.

I mean, the Season 2 QB could throw 10x better than the white QB from Season 1. And could run as the black QB on Season 1.

As Buddy said, the season 2 QB could make his way to the NFL, he should be on NFL prospects camps.

No way the team get all those victories without the QB. Not even close. Games were a TD for the offense, a TD against the defense.

And he had the strongest mentality among any player from both seasons.

Again, besides defense and offense:

Season 2 QB >>>>>>>> Season 1 QBs

And it's not even close.

I mean, the Season 2 QB could throw 10x better than the white QB from Season 1. And could run as the black QB on Season 1.

As Buddy said, the season 2 QB could make his way to the NFL, he should be on NFL prospects camps.

No way the team get all those victories without the QB. Not even close. Games were a TD for the offense, a TD against the defense.

And he had the strongest mentality among any player from both seasons.
What does season 2 having a better qb have to do with me saying season 1 had a better overall offense?

Back