Economy Last days of Tesla. Closing a dozen solar plants. Loses deal with Home Depot.

Whats with the Elon Musk hate?

Personally, I love innovation so I like the guy but he's gone off the rails. No one is taking TSLA private. Who is going to take on that balance sheet and pay premium to current holders? No one.

Chastising the analyst on the CC was dumb, floating the idea of going private will bring the SEC on his ass.

Tesla developed an EV that had long range AND was profitable. Now I know what you're going to say in that Tesla is bleeding money. But that's because they're spending too much on building their gigafactories, extending their supercharger infrastructure and increasing production capacity in their factory. Nevertheless, the profit margin on every unit sold is sizable.

GM doesn't make much on each Bolt sold. Dealerships also don't want to push the car because there is very little maintenance needed and dealers make 50% of their revenue from service. Not to mention there isn't an extensive supercharger infrastructure the likes that Tesla have and buyers are wary of buying a car if they have range anxiety.

Tesla was absolutely visionary in not only developing the technology (after all they were a startup company that made the first long range battery when all the industry Giants said they were 10-15 years away from such a feat) but they were also visionary in how to model their business so that it can remain profitable. Direct to consumer sales in the industry is unheard of due to the dealership model but it's the only way to market EV's.

hahahaha you are clueless.

Personally, I love innovation so I like the guy but he's gone off the rails. No one is taking TSLA private. Who is going to take on that balance sheet and pay premium to current holders? No one.

Chastising the analyst on the CC was dumb, floating the idea of going private will bring the SEC on his ass.

It is low expectations too. The media was praising Musk for apologizing to the analyst. Some said that apology was worth X amount of dollars to the stock price. Just for acting like an adult, Musk got points. He has the same victim mentality as Trump. He thinks he is the victim here.

Another reason I like Zuck. Some people worried or thought he may get snippy with Congress and other shit. I knew he would act like an angel. He knows when to behave. Tesla actually tried to hire FB's #2 Sheryl Sandberg to help Musk. I guess she didn't take the job. She seems good and would help. She is good at running autistic interference for Zuck and could do that for Musk too. He needs somebody like that. He has nobody.

tenor.gif

Short sellers are pedos.

P8Gs9ry.png

LOL @ this^^^. The "mold" was range, and as a transition platform the gas powered charging of the Chevy Volt still makes the most sense.

Number of Teslas sold: 300,000
Number of Prius sold: >6,000,000 (11,000,000 hybrids sold by Toyota).

Tesla founded: 2003
First Toyota hybrid sold: 1997

Average price for Model 3: $50,000
Average price for a chevy bolt: $38,000

And i have no love for Toyota but the idea that Musk-meister completely changed the paradigm of powering cars is flat out wrong. he did a great job in developing a great premium car. GM definitely was the innovator having reduced a bunch of R&D projects to an actual product with a practical battery.

On the topic of advancing technology decades, GM should be the first one mentioned for what they did to create video graphics cards (by way of Evan and Sutherland) and disk drives (by way of IBM).

Or how about what Ford created (in 1979) that powers every modern PET, and CT scanner in the world?

What in the fuck are you going on about? And why are you comparing a gasoline car to an electric car? A Prius is gasoline engine car. A Volt is a gasoline powered car. If you buy a Tesla it was 100% from the ground up designed as an electric powered car. There is no gasoline engine. There is no need for a transmission or the other shit a Prius has.

My point was that Tesla has popularized the idea of an electric vehicle. It was not a viable option before Tesla for most people. It was a niche option. None of the legacy auto makers were thinking of mass producing cars engineered as 100% electric.

Musk changed this. Now electric options are popping up everywhere. Of course I wish the EV1 wasn't crushed from existence. But it was, and progress on shifting to electric was halted until Tesla shifted people's thinking on the issue.

And range has never been an issue. 95% of all driving has always been in electric range. You can fucking rent if you need to take a long trip.

Stopped reading here.

Their annual debt has grown by $7b and $9b in teh last two years and they have $3.5b in cash with $2.3b in AP. Define profitable.

I expanded on that assertion. They make w decent profit margin off the sale of each unit. They just spend a lot more than they make right now.

I know more than you think but I remember you from another thread where you bashed EV's just because

I don’t care about EVs one way or another. But the Musk-eteers make me laugh.

What in the fuck are you going on about? And why are you comparing a gasoline car to an electric car? A Prius is gasoline engine car. A Volt is a gasoline powered car. If you buy a Tesla it was 100% from the ground up designed as an electric powered car. There is no gasoline engine. There is no need for a transmission or the other shit a Prius has.

My point was that Tesla has popularized the idea of an electric vehicle. It was not a viable option before Tesla for most people. It was a niche option. None of the legacy auto makers were thinking of mass producing cars engineered as 100% electric.

Musk changed this. Now electric options are popping up everywhere. Of course I wish the EV1 wasn't crushed from existence. But it was, and progress on shifting to electric was halted until Tesla shifted people's thinking on the issue.

And range has never been an issue. 95% of all driving has always been in electric range. You can fucking rent if you need to take a long trip.

What Tesla actually did is make electric cars for people who don't like electric cars. He made an actual cool electric car. An American one too. How hard was that? Instead of going after the usual driver of electric --the granola eating hippy-- he goes after all the people who are not electric car enthusiasts. Same way Apple created computers for people who aren't computer enthusiasts. Same way Planet Fitness created a gym for people who don't go to a gym. Same way Robinhood created a stock trading app for people who don't trade stocks. You start with the child. We are all children at something.

All these companies pissed off purists by going outside that small circle. But outside that circle is where all the growth is.

Chevy Volt and Bolt are often confused. Bolt is full electric and is doing well. But again, it is a dork car. Again with Steve Jobs, style matters. Tesla owes its style to Musk.

Last edited:
and i thought they were going to finally put a man on the moon. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice and I watch Armageddon again

I expanded on that assertion. They make w decent profit margin off the sale of each unit. They just spend a lot more than they make right now.

Have you looked at their balance sheet. Their accounting is opaque. I know, I know --- they're a "tech comapny" not an industrial manufacturer. Sure, I guess if they say so, it must be true.

Have you looked at their balance sheet. Their accounting is opaque. I know, I know --- they're a "tech comapny" not an industrial manufacturer. Sure, I guess if they say so, it must be true.

Major debt payments coming due in Nov and Feb...

Like the Honda Insight and GM ev1 never actually existed.

Tell that to the people who made and drove the GM EV1 that actually founded Tesla before Elon Musk got involved. GM didn't feel the vehicles were economically viable but the people who test drove them liked them. That was prior to the rise of lithium batteries. Musk makes overly optimistic promises and complains when people hold him to those promises. He doesn't seem to be open and honest in his dealings. It remains to be seen if electric vehicles are economically viable.

Tesla developed an EV that had long range AND was profitable. Now I know what you're going to say in that Tesla is bleeding money. But that's because they're spending too much on building their gigafactories, extending their supercharger infrastructure and increasing production capacity in their factory. Nevertheless, the profit margin on every unit sold is sizable.

GM doesn't make much on each Bolt sold. Dealerships also don't want to push the car because there is very little maintenance needed and dealers make 50% of their revenue from service. Not to mention there isn't an extensive supercharger infrastructure the likes that Tesla have and buyers are wary of buying a car if they have range anxiety.

Tesla was absolutely visionary in not only developing the technology (after all they were a startup company that made the first long range battery when all the industry Giants said they were 10-15 years away from such a feat) but they were also visionary in how to model their business so that it can remain profitable. Direct to consumer sales in the industry is unheard of due to the dealership model but it's the only way to market EV's.

There are chargers at every GM dealership.

down 6% in pre-market

It closed green. This stock is ridiculous, that is why I just stay away and observe.

Ford had a good day. Up almost 2%. It will die soon though.

Musk recently said Tesla and Ford are the only US automakers not to go bankrupt and going bankrupt is not an option for Tesla. I think they will make it but even if they don't a bailout is possible. It has been talked about long before this.

Back