Last fight video

jonander50

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

Im the one with the red shin protectors.

So I dont really liked this fight, me and my coach thought that because the rival was noticeably taller than me, I would fight on the ground, but it felt like a boring fight because I like striking more, either on the foot or on the ground.

Wathever, be free to comment your feedback, thanks.

So I dont really liked this fight, me and my coach thought that because the rival was noticeably taller than me, I would fight on the ground, but it felt like a boring fight because I like striking more, either on the foot or on the ground.

You GSP’d him lol
You had him hurt with an overhand. Should have finished him on the feet instead of looking for the takedown. Your striking seems better than your ground game offensively at least. Trust it more.

Not your fault your opponent had no ground game. Basically you could take him down any time you wanted. So it is not a bad plan you had there. Imo trust your coach more. It was a clean win without your opponent having a chance whatsoever. It was a good win because of that.

I did not like that you gassed.
You could work on the ground and pound to finish it earlier, but he did catch you on guillotines wasting a lot of energy to just hold you without a chance for submission.
Were elbows not allowed, because I saw tons of chances to break his face with elbows? I guess it was an amateur event and now allowed. Anyway you could have done a lot of short punching instead of elbowing.

Regarding the stand up not much to say as you were gassed, but it felt you had no guard. I really did not like it how he hits you when he wants when you were out of gas. That speaks for not good enough habits defending. No hands up, leaping hooks out of balance...I really did not like it in the end. It just showed you are not prepared. Lots of talent, work on it.

nice grappling, man! what country are you from?

Congrats on getting in there and winning your fight ma'dude! Well done!

You're obviously a strong guy and seem decently athletic. Gas tank faded a little but so did your opponents. Still improving your economy of movement and gas will definitely go a long way.

What was the gameplan going in exactly? You and your coach decided because he was tall, you should just shoot and take it down? Had you seen any of his fights?

He definitely had a very weak ground game, but it seems like you had the upper hand in the standup as well. Only thing he really had was those front kicks (especially when you had your hands by your waist) and his knees in midrange. You closed the distance and smothered him enough so that he couldn't really use them and was constantly trying to fend off the takedown.

Even if you want to shoot, or even get the inside underhook, you should definitely set it up a little more with your punches. It worked against him, but you shot from way out sometime and with no set up what so ever. Other guys will catch you hard coming in that way. It got a little too predictable.

Nice timing on the few overhands you caught him with as you slipped to the inside. He was open all day for it.

Nice heavy top control, maybe try to do a little more with it and posture up a few times. You're the one feeling your opponent in there so it depends on what you're getting in response from him, but working on pressuring more with your top game and not getting stiffeld as much will probably benefit you.

Again, congrats!

You did very well. Good entries on most of your shots, probably could have beat him standing too.

Although the biggest mistake I saw was how many times you could have been guillotined.
You can’t just leave your neck in that position. If he’s holding your neck you need to work the legs and look to pass, or push your forearm across his throat while fighting hands and force your neck out. No ‘resting’ in that position.

I also feel like your approach and ‘gameplan’ made you too 1 dimensional. It’s an amateur fight, I don’t really think game plans are necessary. Feel the fight out and if you get wrecked on the feet take it to the ground. You can’t really make assumptions that he’s better than you because he’s tall

Last edited:
Lulz at the bum ref. A stand-up after four seconds on the ground? Letting a guy up while he's mounted and taking punches?

<{cruzshake}>

Back