latest rumors on WBSS: 140 and 118, Inoue possibly in

Throw in Flanagan/Hooker winner and Ramirez and that tournament will end in 1 unified champ with 4 belts
ramirez isn't joining sadly. They're trying to get Josh Taylor (or maybe Postol if he beats Taylor). Flanagan/Hooker is a pretty strong possibility. That'll be at least 2, maybe three titles + the WBCs' interim title.

Last edited:
yeah it's an absolutely stacked tournament. I'd give a shot to a lot of those guys to win and all of the dogs to score an upset
Looks great. After CW tourney, I'm not ruling anyone out, but Inoue should be the favorite to win. Wow, love this WSSB shit, forcing a lot of great action and getting fighters PAID

yeah it's an absolutely stacked tournament. I'd give a shot to a lot of those guys to win and all of the dogs to score an upset
blasphemy!

naoya is going to knock them out. all of them.

http://www.irish-boxing.com/four-to...d-off-bantamweight-world-boxing-super-series/

allright, according to this, the tournament will be rounded out as follows:
Inoue
Burnett
Tete
Rodriguez
Solis
Donaire (contingent on ability to make 118)
Oubaali (contingent on winning the title)
Payano

Pretty crazy tournament, to be honest. Skeptical about Donaire's ability to make 118 these days (he dwarfed Rigo at 122 5 years ago), but there are a lot of guys with a chance in there.

Pretty crazy tournament, to be honest. Skeptical about Donaire's ability to make 118 these days (he dwarfed Rigo at 122 5 years ago), but there are a lot of guys with a chance in there.
yeah I have some doubts too, but I think he can make it, he's not a super thick guy and he has some belly fat at FW. Let's not forget that Rigo was a guy that could have fought at 112. I doubt Donaire wins the tournament, but his power at 118 gave us a KO none of us will forget over Montiel, and beat two consistently quality guys in Sydorenko and Narvaez. If Donaire can reclaim some of those performances, he has a good shot here, and his power will always keep him in the fight.

Still, Inoue, Tete and Burnett are the favorites for me if this is the final lineup.

So, seems likely we have:

Relikh vs Troyanovsky
Hooker vs Taylor (seems likely)
Prograis vs Martin
Baranchyk vs Yigit

Assuming no pull outs, I'm going to have it go this way:

Relikh
Taylor
Prograis
Baranchyk (cheering for Yigit though)

then Relikh/Baranchyk
Taylor/Prograis

Ends with Prograis vs Relikh

Prograis should win the tourney

Last edited:
I'm going to guess that the BW tournament goes like htis (assuming that the names I heard are reliable):
Round 1
Burnett vs Inoue
Tete vs Payano
Rodriguez vs Donaire
Oubaali vs Solis

round 2:
Inoue vs Oubaali
Tete vs Rodriguez

round 3:
Inoue vs Rodriguez (I think Rodriguez is a bad matchup for Tete)
with Inoue winning

no word yet on the replacements

Back