latest rumors on WBSS: 140 and 118, Inoue possibly in

aaaaand it's cruisers part deux. Not what I was hoping for, but maybe it'll restore some legitimacy ot the division after Usyk leaves

aaaaand it's cruisers part deux. Not what I was hoping for, but maybe it'll restore some legitimacy ot the division after Usyk leaves
bah, why?! they just had cruisers!

and is usyk confirmed to leave? the beatdown he'll be putting on bellew will be at cruiserweight.

and is usyk confirmed to leave? the beatdown he'll be putting on bellew will be at cruiserweight.
yeah IDK. Not even sure Usyk will be in this one. We'll see. REally thought it'd be LHW TBH (I'm guessing they were. Kalle mentioned negotiating with Kov in the past)

Last edited:

Yeah having the cruisers again makes no sense.

Yay...

Never-the-less, I think Gassiev is the second best behind Usyk.

What happened to Gassiev, he's injured? Also, another CW WBSS tourney? We just had it! LHW would've been a great choice and I was hoping we'd get it. These Cruisers will just be competing for Usyk's leftovers in the division.

What happened to Gassiev, he's injured? Also, another CW WBSS tourney? We just had it! LHW would've been a great choice and I was hoping we'd get it. These Cruisers will just be competing for Usyk's leftovers in the division.
Gassiev apparently tore his shoulder in the Usyk fight

I kind of agree, I was really hoping for the LHW tournament, and it seems like that's what Kalle was trying to get, but couldn't (it is a really difficult tournament to piece together given all the conflicting stakes in managing, promoting, advising, networks, fighters etc...)

That said, if the rumors are true (Briedis, Dorticos, Vlasov, Tabiti, Glowacki, Masternak, Gevor, and Feyfer), then that's still a pretty strong tournament. If Usyk leaves the division (and let's be real, he probably will), it would be a good way to establish a new final boss. You have a good mix of talented new faces, solid contenders, and ex-champions. It won't be the big deal the first one was, but it'll still be good to watch. TBH, I still want to see Briedis and Dorticos go at it. It'll also fill up a couple of belts after Usyk vacates.

Edit: looking at the rankings (ESPN, Boxrec, Ring, TBRB), of the guys who will likely be actively participating:, Briedis, Glowacki, Dorticos, Vlasov, Tabiti, and Masternak are all ranked in at least one top ten list. That's pretty good

Last edited:
If Usyk doesn't leave the division he can still just fight the winner after he's done with Bellow. It will allow someone to build themself up and they can make a winner vs winner matchup which could be really big.

Gassiev apparently tore his shoulder in the Usyk fight
I haven't had much time to read the news lately. Well, what I don't like about this alleged injury is that it came out this late and with no mention of it during the fight to Abel or at the post-fight presser. You would expect it to come out then in order to at least save some face, particularly after an absolutely one-sided loss. This year we knew when Groves injured his shoulder against Eubank (12th round) and when Loma's shoulder injury came against Linares (2nd round), which was also mentioned at his post-fight presser. Providing some solid evidence would be nice (see below, we even know precisely which punch in the round caused it for Loma; you might have to click on the tweet to see the video clip properly due to a video embedding problem on this board with tweets).

I kind of agree, I was really hoping for the LHW tournament, and it seems like that's what Kalle was trying to get, but couldn't (it is a really difficult tournament to piece together given all the conflicting stakes in managing, promoting, advising, networks, fighters etc...)
I just reread my post. It came off a bit as whining but that was my immediate reaction to hearing about doing the CW tourney again so soon. For us, LHW is obvious, though I can understand how hard these tournaments would be to organize in general. I do appreciate what the Sauerland bros are doing for boxing. I prefer when the best are forced to fight the best because it solves what otherwise would be us simply debating who'd come out on top in such match-ups. Of course, things do go wrong with injuries but the winner of the tourney can always face the injured fighter(s) that had to be replaced (particularly if they're titlists) afterwards to essentially remedy the issue. There should be enough incentive there for the latter to happen voluntarily as to get a crack at the tourney winner, barring any major political hurdles that is.
That said, if the rumors are true (Briedis, Dorticos, Vlasov, Tabiti, Glowacki, Masternak, Gevor, and Feyfer), then that's still a pretty strong tournament. If Usyk leaves the division (and let's be real, he probably will), it would be a good way to establish a new final boss. You have a good mix of talented new faces, solid contenders, and ex-champions. It won't be the big deal the first one was, but it'll still be good to watch. TBH, I still want to see Briedis and Dorticos go at it. It'll also fill up a couple of belts after Usyk vacates.

Edit: looking at the rankings (ESPN, Boxrec, Ring, TBRB), of the guys who will likely be actively participating:, Briedis, Glowacki, Dorticos, Vlasov, Tabiti, and Masternak are all ranked in at least one top ten list. That's pretty good
Yeah, it's still fairly strong. I also believe that Usyk will leave the division very soon. Briedis vs Dorticos could certainly be interesting. Either way I'll still watch this CW tourney.

Vlasov confirmed the first two matchups are:
Vlasov vs Glowacki (maybe for WBO interim title?)
Dorticos vs Masternak

so Gevor, Briedis, Tabiti and Fayfer still need fights

My guess is:
Briedis vs Gevor
Tabiti vs Fayfer (maybe for IBF interim title?)

pretty good tourney TBH. for first round I'll take Briedis, Dorticos, Vlasov and Tabiti. I think Briedis wins the whole thing, but Tabiti has the talent that I think this could be his big breakout.

Finals are confirmed at 118 and 140

sounds like hte potential alternates at 118 are Ryan Burnett and Paul Butler with Moloney expressing interest
potential alternates at 140 are Viktor Postol, Subriel Matías-Matthew and Apinun Khongsong

Gassiev is the alternate at 200 I think. Still have to see Briedis/Glowacki and Dorticos/Tabitti

Finals are confirmed at 118 and 140

sounds like hte potential alternates at 118 are Ryan Burnett and Paul Butler with Moloney expressing interest
potential alternates at 140 are Viktor Postol, Subriel Matías-Matthew and Apinun Khongsong

Gassiev is the alternate at 200 I think. Still have to see Briedis/Glowacki and Dorticos/Tabitti

Started reading from the beginning and didn’t pay attention to the date, quite the thread you got here, good shit man.

With Rodriguez’s little girly account on saturday they should have gave the W to Maloney in the first place.

So what happen to Mcdonell did Inoue basically retire him?

Started reading from the beginning and didn’t pay attention to the date, quite the thread you got here, good shit man.

With Rodriguez’s little girly account on saturday they should have gave the W to Maloney in the first place.

So what happen to Mcdonell did Inoue basically retire him?
thanks man, got really excited by the WBSS and so I kept a log of all the rumors I could find

IDK about girly lol. Inoue just flattened him. Say what you will about Inoue's competition but Rodriguez was legit and Naoya wrecked him. Showed his power isn't just power.

not sure what happened to McDonnell, I think he retired.

thanks man, got really excited by the WBSS and so I kept a log of all the rumors I could find

IDK about girly lol. Inoue just flattened him. Say what you will about Inoue's competition but Rodriguez was legit and Naoya wrecked him. Showed his power isn't just power.

not sure what happened to McDonnell, I think he retired.

I know the kid is monstrous it just annoyed me a bit all the guys jumping in the forum for one day to dick ride and I never see them otherwise.

Yeah Rodriguez was legit I just didn’t expect him to go in 2, Maloney is no Inoue at all but has a pretty good Ko % and is well skilled overall yet Rodriguez took it all night and is usually much faster and responsive I just think he pussied out, and after that shit his trainer pulled being a punk I’d probably go full Tyson if I was Inoue and call that prick out after the KO.

Back