Leaf blower: gas or electric powered?

I went electric with my hedge trimmer and weed whacker, and it's pretty great. He'll even electric mowers are getting good reviews these days. No gas to worry about and the ewuipment is much lighter.
I bought an electric corded mower and am not impressed. Its a pain to work around the cord and it bogs down on excessively tall grass. On the other hand, I can pick it up and hang it from the ceiling its so light.

Electric?...

<LikeReally5>

Get an Echo...and if you really want to get hard core, get the backpack...

E(GO) all the way brah...PM me for details...

Try racking up leaves and crabapple berries out of a rock garden. I'd rather poke my eyes out with a dull knife.
What if you just toss mulch on top and tell anyone that asks that you are going green?

I bought an electric corded mower and am not impressed. Its a pain to work around the cord and it bogs down on excessively tall grass. On the other hand, I can pick it up and hang it from the ceiling its so light.

Yeah I wouldn't do chords, cordless or gas.

Let me clarify, by electric I mean battery powered. No way am I getting a corded lawn device. We had an electric corded lawn mower when I was a kid and it was complete and utter ass.

In my experience battery powered tools either have little actual power, or if they have good power the battery lasts like 3 seconds.

When i was still working in shops i remember this one job our boss bought these high dollar battery powered Dewalt angle grinders. Those shits couldnt grind anything even with the most coarse grinding wheels, also the battery literally lasted 7 min.

In my experience battery powered tools either have little actual power, or if they have good power the battery lasts like 3 seconds.

When i was still working in shops i remember this one job our boss bought these high dollar battery powered Dewalt angle grinders. Those shits couldnt grind anything even with the most coarse grinding wheels, also the battery literally lasted 7 min.

I can't comment on hand grinders but this 56Volt trimmer is bad ass. It has a massive storage and charges to full power in 1hr. I think tech has advanced quite a bit. I imagine those 80V systems can put out a lot of power.

There was a time that cordless tools suffered from poor performance and they were only for quick easy jobs where you didn't want to drag out cords or air hoses for a quick job. 10 years ago they really became practical when 18 volt models came out and I've seldom used anything but a cordless drill since then. I have a Dewalt cordless grinder. I use it mainly as a cutoff tool and a little grinding for quick jobs. Grinding probably demands the most power of any job. Especially with cheap wheels that require using a lot of pressure to get the job done.

If the cost of batteries continues to come down, they will be even more popular for homeowners. It would be great if manufacturers could get together and standardize batteries so they would fit different brands.

Ryobi makes a 38 inch cut battery electric riding mower that uses lead/acid batteries that they claim will cut for 2.5 hours and 2 acres of grass with the 100 amp hour battery pack.

I've got gas but I've heard a lot of people swear by battery powered. Might try one out if I ever need a new one

I have an electric leaf blower my mom gave me, and I have a ryobi gas leaf blower.

The electric leaf blower is kinda cool, the battery holds enough charge to blow the grass away after i mow my lawn. But I never use it.

My gas blower is about twice as strong, and I mow yards for a living, so the one yard charge thing just wouldnt cut it. And even if it did, because it only blows half as strong, it'll struggle on more amounts of debris.

So, I'll say this, if you're using it on just your yard, and you don't wait til your grass is real tall and leaves a lot of debris, it'll work just fine, which is cool cause u dont have to mess with gas n mixing.

I think I'll go with the EGO to match my knew Hedge trimmer. Thanks to whoever recommended buying without a batter and then buying the 5Ah battery separately.

images

Yeah was gonna say, get yourself a rake. Your (and everyone else’s) ears will thank you.

I think I'll go with the EGO to match my knew Hedge trimmer. Thanks to whoever recommended buying without a batter and then buying the 5Ah battery separately.

I don't know about EGO but almost every battery operated tool is cheaper to purchase with a battery and charger than to buy the tool and battery separately. I just looked and the EGO units are very expensive. The battery is $200, the charger is $99 and the 168 mph blower with the battery and charger is $299. So if you buy the kit, you are buying a battery and charger and the blower is free.

The Harbor Freight 40 volt blower was $119 on sale with the battery and charger. Batteries are $60 and on sale sometimes for $50. They are 2.5 AH batteries.

Your neighbors will certainly like the electric blower better.

I don't know about EGO but almost every battery operated tool is cheaper to purchase with a battery and charger than to buy the tool and battery separately. I just looked and the EGO units are very expensive. The battery is $200, the charger is $99 and the 168 mph blower with the battery and charger is $299. So if you buy the kit, you are buying a battery and charger and the blower is free.

The Harbor Freight 40 volt blower was $119 on sale with the battery and charger. Batteries are $60 and on sale sometimes for $50. They are 2.5 AH batteries.

Your neighbors will certainly like the electric blower better.

I have a charger already and the stand alone battery is twice the capacity which you can't get with bundle.

I have an Echo trimmer that just died. Maybe 5 years old. I've replaced the spark plug, fuel and air filters and it still won't start. I'm kind of pissed about it because it was a pricey trimmer.

I already have a Ryobi 18v circular saw, reciprocating saw, and drill. They make a few different trimmer models that use the same 18v battery. Thinking of picking one of them up. It probably wouldn't be good enough for a big yard, but my trimming needs these days are limited to getting the stuff around the garden beds and fence that the mower simply doesn't get. I don't have any big jobs anymore that I got the Echo for. I think the electric Ryobi should handle it.

Only drawback is @Heisenberg will yell at me for not getting Dewalt.

Back