League of Legends v.16......2018 worlds

Will TSM choke

• Total voters
What is NA doing wrong to lose like this in the group stage? They perform badly in week 2 every single year. I'm beginning to think that they simply don't take themselves as seriously as the other regions. There is no excuse for this pitiful performance. I do think IMT is the weakest of the 3 teams based on last week's performance but all they needed was ONE win.

Cody Sun's Tristana insec against FNC could very well be the worst single play in the history of competitive League. I've been watching it for 4 years now and I honestly can't come up with a worse example.

What is NA doing wrong to lose like this in the group stage? They perform badly in week 2 every single year. I'm beginning to think that they simply don't take themselves as seriously as the other regions. There is no excuse for this pitiful performance. I do think IMT is the weakest of the 3 teams based on last week's performance but all they needed was ONE win.

I thought Rekkles flashing on Pobelter was bad. but this was baffling...I can't believe that a team with veterans like Xmithie, Pobelter and Flame wouldn't just say, "just kite back to base, kite back to base"

or say "no dont" if he said, "im going in"

I can definitely fault Cody Sun for making a boneheaded play and essentially winning Fnatic the game for them, but before this they still had 4 fucking chances to win 1 game to secure 2nd place and they completely choked.

Cody Sun is still a rookie at the world stage, I think its just classic Reddit/LeagueOfLegends stuff when last week people were praising the absolute fuck out of Cody Sun and Olleh for their work in their games last week. all it takes is one mistake. Hope he doesn't pay any mind to it.

Pobelter was a disaster in their games yesterday. Xmithie on Ezreal jungle is just so so useless in a CC heavy meta.

Jesiz winning the game by flash-self E-auto attack on nexus to win them the game was clutch...he doesn't do that, then im pretty sure IMT wins as all minions and FNC players were dead or attacking IMT players.

Thoughts on Group B games

-Fnatic's run was fucking amazing, this image says it all, what Fnatic required to even have a fucking CHANCE to make it out of groups is incredible.
1507717603960.jpg

-Despite them getting out of groups I think they get shit on by any other midlaner...Caps positioning is horrendous. the guy is too far forward on almost every single play, and he singlehandedly made that IMT game and every other game harder for Fnatic to win because he always gets caught out and bursted down to 25% health.

-Longzhu is a sure thing to win right? the way they turned that Gigabyte Marines game was nothing short of incredible.

-speaking of the Marines, I loved everything they brought to worlds this year, unusual drafts, strategies, in this meta of ardent at 20 minutes, double zeal adc and then objective trade until gg, it was a fucking relief to see them do something different

-as a Zilean support main, seeing GAM rock this was fucking awesome, I felt soooo bad that they lost their gold lead, and the game due to Sya ulting the wrong targets....probably the worst feeling in the world at my shit ass elo, can't imagine how it feels on the Worlds stage when your knocking on the base of the best team in the world.

-I hope GAM inspires other teams to break the meta a bit, and stray away from standard lanes, Korean teams will always shit on these guys playing standard meta slave comps, so why not switch it up, literally have nothing to lose.... if any NA/EU team is down 0-2 to a korean team in groups and they just run standard lanes again I'm gonna be pissed. It just further cements that NA is a joke region that has no faith in themselves to redefine the game

In my opinion, a "wildcard" region being on victory's doorstep against Korea's number 1 team (when no other western team looked remotely close to doign the same against their respective competition) just shows that there is a fundamental problem to being meta-slaves and being afraid to redefine how the game is played, and what it takes to win.

fucking love 2nd week of worlds man....every game feels like the most intense fucking thing ever.

As much as I want to root for NA, I don't think I can root for TSM. It would be more entertaining if they crashed and burned again.

-I hope GAM inspires other teams to break the meta a bit, and stray away from standard lanes, Korean teams will always shit on these guys playing standard meta slave comps, so why not switch it up, literally have nothing to lose.... if any NA/EU team is down 0-2 to a korean team in groups and they just run standard lanes again I'm gonna be pissed. It just further cements that NA is a joke region that has no faith in themselves to redefine the game
Keep in mind this was a Bo1. Nothing wrong with the odd surprise pick here and there, but in a Bo5 scenario shit like that only takes you so far.

While I do think western teams are not catching up to Korea any time soon, I don't think that's a reason to go off-meta. It isn't called meta (most effective tactic available) for no reason, it is THE optimal way to play the game during a tournament run or even a BoX series. Not to mention, teams who do take the off-meta approach (UOL, FlyQuest to some extent) usually get weeded out domestically and don't even get to play Koreans.

Agree witth your previous points. Caps gets dumpstered by any tier 1 mid/jungle duo.

As for Cody Sun, after rewatching that play countless times he might have fat fingered his flash key. He had barrier on D and flash on F, he could've been trying to ult Cassio away. He did flash right on top of her as opposed to behind her. I thnk R + auto would've disengaged Cassio, triggered Trist's E/W reset and allowed him to rocket jump away.

Frosk looks like a fucking clown, and her TSM love is sad.

So excuses for that game? The go-to excuses; Sven, champ select, group drawing?

Sounds like Sven will be it

The number one complaint is always the jungler for TSM

Sounds like Sven will be it

The number one complaint is always the jungler for TSM

His lanes got rolled over. Really hard to do anything when your Ryze gets two shotted by the Jayce, or twitch is down 30+ cs. WEs mid and bot did 4x as much damage as TSMs mid/bot.

TSM could have the number 1 Korean jungler who carries every game, sweep worlds and fans would still praise Bjerg dlift and the coaches and say the jungler was to reckless and could of thrown the games

His lanes got rolled over. Really hard to do anything when your Ryze gets two shotted by the Jayce, or twitch is down 30+ cs. WEs mid and bot did 4x as much damage as TSMs mid/bot.
Bjerg and double doing bad/something wrong...never

Frosk looks like a fucking clown, and her TSM love is sad.
I'm fine with her, sometimes she hypes up Chinese teams with the weirdest reasonings possible but she has improved a lot since she first came into the scene. She isn't nice to look at like Sjokz is, but I guess she stops the analyst desk from being a complete sausage fest.

But yeah, last Worlds she did the same shit and all of a sudden started being a massive TSM cheerleader. I think it's her way to pander to the NA crowd who used to shit on her nonstop. Maybe she thinks being real and shitting on TSM would create backlash (which it certainly would had TSM not shit the bed). She isn't the first analyst to do this, TSM is always hyped up disproportionately because their fan base will go on a rampage if analysts predict they will lose and they win. "SHIT ANALYSTS, TSM TSM TSM!"

I'm curious to see what TSM does now. If they hadn't won both splits domestically I'd say Sven is 100% gone, but this roster has been more than fine at dominating NA.

btw I'm fine with most of the TSM players. Bjergsen is a really standup guy, Sven and Bio are whatever, Doublelift sometimes can be annoying with the self-praise (he's come a long way on this though, gotta give him that), but Hauntzer is tool. Got straight up carried by Bjergsen the entire split and the first thing he did after winning Summer was to shit on Flame and Summday. He was REALLY salty that the community didn't see him as the best top laner (which he wasn't, not in Summer anyway) and gave them the "hur dur I've won NA and they haven't so I'm better" treatment. Seeing TSM put him on a carry matchup only to be nom nom'd by Alphari (a rookie) felt sooooo satisfying.

Back