Least strikes absorbed per min. by division

100% agreed.
I think if he had retired after winning the belt at 15-0 we'd consider him the GOAT LHW probably.
Machida is one of the big what ifs in mma for me. What if he went to middleweight earlier? I think he would have beat all the guys Anderson beat and racked up defenses . What if no lame decision robberies. He should have won at least one of the Davis or rampage decisions.

Also had the first shogun fight not been labeled a robbery by fans and Rogan bias commentary...would he have been as aggressive in the rematch? That fight was like volk vs max for me. 3 toss up rounds and 2 clear rounds. Although I think round 5 was super close too.

GSP's at 1.40 while being at the top for so long is insane. Only MM was close to GSP in that stat of the guys in GOAT-tier

Even almighty OMG no cuts, no bruises no blood Khabibi has a higher SAPM while fighting shittier competition.

Khabib is GOAT, then Jones, then MM, after that maybe GSP. Settle down.

Khabib is GOAT, then Jones, then MM, after that maybe GSP. Settle down.
Khabib isnt even top10. After 2024, Islam will belong in these conversations more than Khabib.

Settle down

Machida is one of the big what ifs in mma for me. What if he went to middleweight earlier? I think he would have beat all the guys Anderson beat and racked up defenses . What if no lame decision robberies. He should have won at least one of the Davis or rampage decisions.

Also had the first shogun fight not been labeled a robbery by fans and Rogan bias commentary...would he have been as aggressive in the rematch? That fight was like volk vs max for me. 3 toss up rounds and 2 clear rounds. Although I think round 5 was super close too.
Machida vs shogun was a substantially worse decision than either of those "robberies".

He brutally KOd Rich Franklin before Anderson Silva did so... ;)
IMO they'd have similar careers if they swapped weight classes.

Last edited:
Until Jones or are you just having a laugh?
Until Jones got the LHW belt and 15 wins? For sure. And You'd have ppl say Jones has an asterisk on his legacy just like they do now.
Retiring as undefeated champ certainly gives one a special aura - see Khabib.

Until Jones got the LHW belt and 15 wins? For sure. And You'd have ppl say Jones has an asterisk on his legacy just like they do now.
Retiring as undefeated champ certainly gives one a special aura - see Khabib.

Yeah, and Cole Conrad is heavyweight goat.

Jones overshadows Machida's achievements all day of the week. He has 15 title fight wins. Just title fights.

uncle chael not doing too bad, huh? undefeated, undisputed!

Yeah, and Cole Conrad is heavyweight goat.

Jones overshadows Machida's achievements all day of the week. He has 15 title fight wins. Just title fights.
Of course he does. I was talking about a hypothetical scenario. You must have missed it.

He brutally KOd Rich Franklin before Anderson Silva did so... ;)
IMO they'd have similar careers if they swapped weight classes.
Franklin was jacked in that fight! And 12-0 with all finishes

didn't Machida beat Anderson in sparring? I think mostly striking matches in their spars too. If he used his grappling in a hypothetical match he would win. So many what ifs. But things happen for a reason I guess.

Last edited:
Of course he does. I was talking about a hypothetical scenario. You must have missed it.
Yeah, I caught that. It was just an idiotic hypothetical scenario, so I was pointing out how wrong you are. You can do this. I believe in you. Go drink some pee and clear your mind.

Yeah, I caught that. It was just an idiotic hypothetical scenario, so I was pointing out how wrong you are. You can do this. I believe in you. Go drink some pee and clear your mind.
Sure. Cheers!

Franklin was jacked in that fight! And 12-0 with all finishes

didn't Machida beat Anderson in sparring? I think mostly striking matches in their spars too. If he used his grappling in a hypothetical match he would win. So many what ifs. But things happen for a reason I guess.
Anderson always had nothing but praise for Machida. Probably it was also because of their friendship but anyone sparring on equal levels with Spider must be legit. He showed that skill time and again on the path to the UFC belt. It was such a pleasure to watch.

Back