Left my debit card at home and was 4 cents short

Bstorm1277

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
so the story goes I was 4 cents short and I asked 3 people for a nickel or 4 cents and they treated me like a drug addict but I was asking for such a small amount that I thought someone would help me out. Was I in the wrong for asking for 4 cents? I ended up leaving without the hot food I wanted because I didn't want to ask the cashier. Was I in the wrong for asking for help? I never felt like such a Low life.

Last time I ask anyone for money again it was such an awful experience. To be honest I don't give money to poor people but I think I would if someone asked for 4 cents that I would do it because it's a believable story and it would literally mean nothing to me to give out 4 cents. Have we come this low in society where if someone needs such little help we brush them off like garbage? Fuck man I felt like a piece of shit.

Haha.

Ya i've been gamed so many times by beggers (just a few cents) that it immediately puts my guard up. I would not give you the money but I would it to the cashier for you.

Yes you should have let the cashier know you were 4 cents short as they might have let it slide or grabbed a nickel from the tip/coin jar or sent you packing.

You begging homeless bum you!

There is nothing wrong with asking for assistance in paying if you are short 4 cents, the problem is you felt entitled enough to make a thread about it when you didn't get it. Normal people will just try to remember to bring their cards next time and move on.

I was 4 cents short and I asked 3 people for a nickel or 4 cents and they treated me like a drug addict but I was asking for such a small amount that I thought someone would help me out.

Fuck dude.... that was YOU?

I had a pocket full of spare change. I didn't hook you up with a nickel because you smelled like shit and just wanted you to get away from me.

Should have mentioned you were a Sherdogger.

Fuck dude.... that was YOU?

I had a pocket full of spare change. I didn't hook you up with a nickel because you smelled like shit and just wanted you to get away from me.

Should have mentioned you were a Sherdogger.
I'm not surprised, motherfucker!

I'm a cashier and literally give everyone a free five cents or less on every cash transaction. Sometimes a quarter here or there.

Should have asked the cashier, smh. They have a dollar's leeway in their drawer. If they don't spot you four pennies they're an asshole.

What kind of broke bitch doesn't have enough for their trip to the Baby Gap?

4 cents? Debit cards? Why am I even sullying my good name being seen ITT?

<DisgustingHHH>

WHo doesnt let 4 cents slide. Ida looked at that cashier and been like ill get ya back

You cost them more than the 4 cents by walking out if they made your order and thats all you were short if you really want to feel bad

This woman was trying to pay for parking the other day and was a couple of dollars short.

I spotted her the $2, but then started talking to her, and she was clearly uncomfortable.

Pretty sure the only people who even have nickles these days are homeless people

That sucks. The store I frequent always has one of those spare change things for people short a few cents. I always put into it and the cashiers will take from it for me if something runs a few cents over the dollar amount. There are no homeless or beggars near me so maybe it's an exception.

Back