Left's identity politics was created and pushed to = tax breaks for wealthy

Deflection of a strawman? thats another level of logical fallacies.

Low IQ confirmed.

Mr Saito is running out of time here Rod, better hope your reading comprehension along with your ability to properly identify responses improves enough to help Fisher get that combination.

<{outtahere}>

Citizens United ruined the right and Union donations ruined the left. Add the Clinton foundation and the voting public just lost its appetite for establishment candidates.
There will always be the fucked up bigots like team tiki torch, and there will always be the far left. The 40% in the middle is what will always drive the elections. We don' need a third party we need moderates who don't fall for the "identity politics" and aren't so partisan they can vote on real issues. A two party system is supposed to have 2 sides of the argument liberal and progressive vs conservative, then when the middle can get on board with something only then it should get passed. That is not what we see today. A perfect example is this tax bill. No moderates on board and no democrats on board just push through what the donor class says. Hell the damn bill isn't even available to examine and republicans voted on it. Why?
Because their donors said they had to and if they don't they lose their donors and have no way to stay in office.

LOL there is absolutely no evidence (or even rational basis) for this belief. It's just a hollow talking point used to deflect issues by the right and used to rationalize and false equivocate by the left.

The Democratic Party hasn't legislated aggressively in favor of unions, as they should, since before the Nixon presidency. Jimmy Carter was the first Democrat to pretty well abandon organized labor.

LOL there is absolutely no evidence (or even rational basis) for this belief. It's just a hollow talking point used to deflect issues by the right and used to rationalize and false equivocate by the left.

The Democratic Party hasn't legislated aggressively in favor of unions, as they should, since before the Nixon presidency. Jimmy Carter was the first Democrat to pretty well abandon organized labor.

I don't think a strong union lobby would hurt anything right now.

Mr Saito is running out of time here Rod, better hope your reading comprehension along with your ability to properly identify responses improves enough to help Fisher get that combination.

<{outtahere}>

Your best bet at this point is let your idiocy fall into obscurity by refusing to double down on the idiot. I know you think you can save face, but you cant.

The poster you replied wasnt talking about republicans or democrats, but right-wingers.

I hear you.
I am pro union and agree that the dems have abandon them. The unions giving donations to the left has politicized them which works against them both, and the dems taking all the $$ makes them complicit in the campaign $$ issue.
Corporations, unions, churches, and foreign governments should have no influence on campaigns imo. allow individual donors and anyone who donates more than 10k should have to disclose it. That way we know where the big$$ is coming from.

That was the Democrats, actually.

....who comprised the right wing at the time (state's rights, traditional values, sovereignty of private property, being racist dick bags, etc.)

Corporations, unions, churches, and foreign governments should have no influence on campaigns imo. allow individual donors and anyone who donates more than 10k should have to disclose it. That way we know where the big$$ is coming from.

I think it's very important that Unions be able to donate to campaigns as long as rich people are able to donate as much as they want.

Forget the issue of corporations: merely having rich private individuals who can write one check worth ten workers' lifetime salaries to lobby a government against the workers' interests kind of necessitates that the workers' interests be aggregated somewhere. And it's become obvious how unrealistic it is to expect the common worker to either (a) understand and appreciate their electoral interests, or (b) allocate their individual votes or small contributions to them in any massive organized way.

OP is right. the past 2 years of politics has basically been the US rejecting the identity politics of the past admins.

I think it's very important that Unions be able to donate to campaigns as long as rich people are able to donate as much as they want.

Forget the issue of corporations: merely having rich private individuals who can write one check worth ten workers' lifetime salaries to lobby a government against the workers' interests kind of necessitates that the workers' interests be aggregated somewhere. And it's become obvious how unrealistic it is to expect the common worker to either (a) understand and appreciate their electoral interests, or (b) allocate their individual votes or small contributions to them in any massive organized way.
I agree workers need a voice but it isn't, coming from Dems. I would argue that we need a cap on contributions, disclosure, and corps, foreign governments churches and non profits be prohibited. What Bernie did was a good example of the possibilities if what I outlined were implemented. Bernie has supported unions more than any dem in decades.

Its fun to see right wing monkeys complain about identity politics when they are the ones who started it all. Centuries of racist whites dividing people and treating groups poorly because of their identity (their race, their sex, their orientation).

Inb4 "B-b-but that doesn't c-count!"
In 2017, only one American party advocates treating people like individuals. The other pushes identity politics and racist policies like affirmative action on a daily basis.
Vote Republican.

I agree workers need a voice but it isn't, coming from Dems. I would argue that we need a cap on contributions, disclosure, and corps, foreign governments churches and non profits be prohibited. What Bernie did was a good example of the possibilities if what I outlined were implemented. Bernie has supported unions more than any dem in decades.

I completely agree about the need to reform campaign finance, but thanks to McConnell and the GOP refusing to hear SCOTUS appointments for 10 months, we were robbed of that possibility. McConnell literally screwed this country for decades with that shit.

Which is one of the many reasons I legitimately hope McConnell gets cancer or AIDS or something painful and terminal.

But I digress. The Sanders campaign was the most optimistic thing to happens in this country in many decades, but I don't think it presents a sustainable fundraising platform in the least.

OP is right. the past 2 years of politics has basically been the US rejecting the identity politics of the past admins.

You cannot be serious. Say what you will about nominally left-wing activists on Twitter, Tumblr, etc., but there was nothing remotely identity political about the Obama administration. He was about as dryly pragmatic and socially centrist as could possibly exist.

The GWB administration wasn't particularly identity-driven either, except for on the basis of xenophobia and nationalism.

You cannot be serious. Say what you will about nominally left-wing activists on Twitter, Tumblr, etc., but there was nothing remotely identity political about the Obama administration. He was about as dryly pragmatic and socially centrist as could possibly exist.

The GWB administration wasn't particularly identity-driven either, except for on the basis of xenophobia and nationalism.
Thats not what I said at all. Its just the pendulum swinging the other way. We went too far left, people panicked and are swinging waaay right right now.

Holy fucking projection.

How much time did Clinton and Sanders spend talking about identity issues? Barely fucking any.

Take responsibility for your shitty voting decisions hinging on being a bigot and being mobilized by phantoms of super scary equality.

Thank you for saving me the time.

It's truly comical to see the mental gymnastics used to justify them being completely conned in every way by a scumbag who preyed on their fear of Hilary like a pro.

Thats not what I said at all. Its just the pendulum swinging the other way. We went too far left, people panicked and are swinging waaay right right now.

You said that the past two years have been a rejection of identity politics by previous administrations. Please explain what you mean.

"Identity politics" implies mobilizing people by pandering to or organizing them around some immutable trait, usually in order to dispose them towards a goal that isn't directly related to that trait or traits.

I really cannot think of a single way that the Obama administration, or the American left in its entirety, has been identity-political. In the modern era, the most prominent identity politicking has clearly been by the Republican Party on the basis of white Christian traditionalism, and leveraging the identity towards upward distribution of wealth.

Frankly, I was expecting the Obama campaign to leverage minority rights, since his status as the first black president was so monumental, but they didn't. Literally 100% of the alienation of Obama's mixed race was by right-wing pundits like Glenn Beck saying that the Affordable Care Act was evidence of Obama's deep hatred of whites.

“Identity politics” is the buzz phrase du jour.
It is fallacious to pretend either party-not to mention fringe parties-haven’t been engaging in identity politics for a very long time. If the GOP platform isn’t based on identity politics, I don’t know what is.

No. There is nothing confusing or puzzling about that statement.

Then why have you now twice refused to explain it against really basic questions?

Either you don't know what "identity politics" means, or your statement was made in bad faith, knowing it was bullshit.

Back