***Legendary Cutman, Jacob "Stitch" Duran SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stitch, thanks for coming

Who is your favorite MMA fighter?

Hello from Brazil, Stitch! Just wanna say thank you for taking care of Shogun in that brutal fight with Dan Henderson at UFC 139... You work wonders :) ! Muchas Gracias!
Shogun is one of my all time fighters. Met him, Ninga and Wandalei in Japan for the Pride fights. Him and Wand gave me the nickname, "Santana". Always enjoyed working his corner and yes, That fight was brutal. Love Brazil, can't wait to get back! Obrigado

Do you have any concerns about potentially losing your license for helping Adonis Johnson fake his vision and fool the ring doctors in his fight with Ricky Conlan?
That was a classic Rocky move! LOL Actually, Ryan Coogler, the writer and director for Creed suggested it. At the Premier, the fans all clapped and cheered when I did it. Will never happen in real boxing. If the fighter can't see, it can be very dangerous for him to continue.

Who do you think wins in the Miocic vs Dos Santos rematch?
I hate to choose side only because I work or have worked with so many guys that I get a close bond with them. Many time I have wrapped both fighters. As Vitor Belfort said, "When Stitch walks into the dressing room, whether he is working my corner or not, he brings that calming effect".

Shogun is one of my all time fighters. Met him, Ninga and Wandalei in Japan for the Pride fights. Him and Wand gave me the nickname, "Santana". Always enjoyed working his corner and yes, That fight was brutal. Love Brazil, can't wait to get back! Obrigado

lmao, I never realized it but in fact you and him look alike:

santana%206.jpg

Do you have any concerns about potentially losing your license for helping Adonis Johnson fake his vision and fool the ring doctors in his fight with Ricky Conlan?
I think I messed up my response to you. I thought that was a great Rocky scene. Ryan Cooger, the director/writer actually came up with the idea. At the Premier, all the fans clapped and cheered when I did it. Kind of the "cut me Mick" scene.

Glad I got here in time; what's the worst cut you've ever seen, and also the worst you had to close?

I think I messed up my response to you. I thought that was a great Rocky scene. Ryan Cooger, the director/writer actually came up with the idea. At the Premier, all the fans clapped and cheered when I did it. Kind of the "cut me Mick" scene.

Yeah, it was a good way to have the same kind of moment but delivered in a new fashion. The movie did a good job of paying homage to the earlier films without straight up copying them.

Hi Stich,

Who do you have winning Canelo or GGG?

Have there ever been any fighters that were particularly harder to work with than others for whatever reason?

Hi Stitch, thanks for coming

Who is your favorite MMA fighter?
Thank you for having me here. I have so many fighters that I have built a great relationship with but I have to say that Josh Barnett sits on top of my favorites. He took me to Japan with him to wrap him and work his corner. Many fighters wanted me to wrap their hands and Josh would tell them that he paid to bring me to Japan so if they wanted their hands wrapped, it would cost the $500.00 each. Made some good money. Even wrapped Fedor for the first of many times in Japan.

Hi Stich,

Who do you have winning Canelo or GGG?
C
I would have to go with GGG because of his defense and he hits harder than Canelo. Was at the Chavez/Canelo fight. Left at the end of the 11th to beat the crowds.

If you had to describe this cut suffered by Marvin Eastman in terms of an analogy, what would you personally say it resembles, if anything?

marvin_eastman.jpg

Out of all the awesome countries you've visited, which have you enjoyed the most?

Hi Stitch,
Have you ever trained in any discipline (boxing, kickboxing, etc.)?

C
I would have to go with GGG because of his defense and he hits harder than Canelo. Was at the Chavez/Canelo fight. Left at the end of the 11th to beat the crowds.

Thanks for answering Stich. I hope you know 99% of Sherdog was behind you during your BS fracas with Dana and the UFC. You are synonymous with combat sports and a true legend. Thanks for coming by and doing this Q&A, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back