***Legendary Cutman, Jacob "Stitch" Duran SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there ever been any fighters that were particularly harder to work with than others for whatever reason?
For the most part, If a fighter sees me in the ring they know it is for a good reason. Their have been times when some fighters have freaked out when they knew they where cut. My job is to let them know not to worry because I am there to take care of them.

Thanks for answering Stich. I hope you know 99% of Sherdog was behind you during your BS fracas with Dana and the UFC. You are synonymous with combat sports and a true legend. Thanks for coming by and doing this Q&A, sir.

No doubt. If Stitch ever peruses the MMA discussions around here, I'm sure he'll notice the continuing prevalence of "[insert anyone's name] was never my friend" as an inside joke, based poking fun at Dana White and supporting Stitch, even all this time later.

Hi Stitch,
Have you ever trained in any discipline (boxing, kickboxing, etc.)?
Yes, I started training in Tae-Kwon-Do when I was stationed in Thailand in 1974. The Koreans left and the new Thai instructions incorporated Thai Boxing to our training sessions. Also, trained in boxing when I got back home to improve my hands. Those bumps and bruises help me understand what a fighter is going through.

Stitch,

In your opinion who are the top 3 best refs in MMA today?

After all those years of experience, do you prefer cornering Boxing or MMA fights? And why?

Stitch,

Sherdog was always your friend

No doubt. If Stitch ever peruses the MMA discussions around here, I'm sure he'll notice the continuing prevalence of "[insert anyone's name] was never my friend" as an inside joke, based poking fun at Dana White and supporting Stitch, even all this time later.
The support I continue to receive world wide from the fans is unbelievable. It has been two years since the UFC let me go and life couldn't be any better. At the Premier for the movie Creed, Wesley Snipes comes up to me and I thought he was going to tell me what a good job I did in the movie. Instead the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "The UFC did you wrong"!

After all those years of experience, do you prefer cornering Boxing or MMA fights? And why?
Boxing definitely pays better, but I love working MMA shows. Invicta is awesome because these girls can fight and they give me just as much work as the guys.

When a fight gets stopped by a cut on a fighter that you were working on, does that kind of feel like a loss on your record? :p

Is there a fighter that just sticks out to you, or surprised you?

It could be Toughness, a sense of humor, Cardio.... anything.

Glad to hear you stayed positive after the bogus firing by UFC - you were right about Reebok and everyone knows it - you're good people

Me and Wesley Snipes got your back!

How has it been seeing women take part in cutman duties - has there been cut women in boxing in the past?

Have you ever watched the movie 'training day' Stitch ?

You <{monica}>

How are things between you and the UFC now that time has passed.. ever think you will work for them again?

How are things between you and the UFC now that time has passed.. ever think you will work for them again?

They need to make a public apology to the godfather of cutmen

Did Pride ever change the rules on Vasoline, that you know of?

I read where you applied it to some fighters at Pride 32. But when they were in Japan they didn't want you guys to use it.

That will be it for the GOAT, everyone! Thanks for coming by, Stitch!!

Wish he could of stayed longer... But there was definitely some fun stuff in there.

Thanks for putting this together Drake.

Hi Stitch, what are the essential items that you bring with you for each fight?

And do you do any post-fight maintenance work on fighters to tidy things up or is it strictly only during the fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back