Legit explanation for fighters prime ending vs made up reasons?

Very simple. This guy...

View attachment 343243

...is and always will be undefeated. And you don't need to "explain" when it happens. Just know it does, and it's at different times for everyone. Not sure why you need to dig deeper than that.

Except for

giphy.gif

He's got Jesus as his sponsor though

A lot of absolute idiots on here have never competed at any kind of sport in their life, and have the athleticism of a snail. Then you have a large portion of posters that are teenagers.

Theres nothing more infuriating than reading retards on here act like X fighter sucks because they finally started losing after a great career. Some people act like Fedor/Shogun/ etc are STILL in their prime right now. Absolutely ridiculous.

Except for

giphy.gif

He's got Jesus as his sponsor though

Well yeah of course. Jesus and steroids can overcome it, but that's cheating.

Nah, Yoel will hit the wall too. His is coming later probably a lot due to not taking the damage until his mid 30's that other guys take in their 20's. I know that training for and competing in top tier wrestling is also taxing on the body, but it's not the same thing.

Anderson Silva ? Come on man.... Shake my head . He almost 40 when his losing streak start , also drug testing become thing ?

TS very young , so knowledge is very small. On plus side , it much easier to learn second language when brain is not matured.

Well, You could argue that Spider was losing his edge a few fights before he lost.

Similar to Fedor. He was still winning fights but any fan can objectively look at his fights with Mark Hunt..or even Lindland, HMC, and Rogers and say “he isn’t the same anymore” but he’s still getting the job done so it’s not really something you harp on.

Anderson at some point didn’t have the same edge as the guy who destroyed Franklin, Hendo, Griffin. He still won some fights and then he lost and not just his edge but his mystique is removed. After Shael, and then definetly after Weidman everybody in the division thought they could take him.

It’s an edge but we also don’t know what changes are made in training. If they even train as much. An injury took something away..or simply reflexes, timing, and calculation just aren’t the same. There’s a mental aspect.

I think in Fedors case, his body didn’t break down because of of age but his style deteriorated because he changed the way he trained. Now his age is a factor as well.

Anderson Silva might’ve just got old.

As for CroCop. I just don’t think cage fighting was his bag. He’s out of prime because he’s old(still with some good recent wins) I don’t think he loses to most of those guys in a ring. Immediately different fighter and being real..the competition wasn’t better in the UFC. Atleast not at the start. He was fighting lesser fight but he was a completely different fighter even vs the cans in UFC as well.

Watch Anderson vs Bonnar, that when i knew he had lost a significant step.

The guy who matrix'd Griffin, was getting touched on the fence by Bonnar, luckily Bonnar pillow fists have pillows and nobody thought a thing about it. But when Weidman put some mustard on the same punches that Bonnar was landing, everyone thought it was a fluke.

Nope, reflexes just aren't there, and havent been since.

Its like any other sport. QBs just get figured out and defenses start to take them apart. Pitchers, same thing. Why would a fighter be any different. As they age they definitely slow down, but it also becomes harder to take the punishment.

A lot of absolute idiots on here have never competed at any kind of sport in their life, and have the athleticism of a snail. Then you have a large portion of posters that are teenagers.

Theres nothing more infuriating than reading retards on here act like X fighter sucks because they finally started losing after a great career. Some people act like Fedor/Shogun/ etc are STILL in their prime right now. Absolutely ridiculous.

Yep , almost impossible for moronic teen / early 20 somethings to have any true concept of their spot on the physical rise / decline arch. For the most part those dummys are only vaguely aware that time is finite .

Age, mileage, and mentality.
As you get old you start to slow down, reflexes get worse, you don't recover as well.
All that training and all that brain damage adds up. It becomes harder to have tour body work at 100% the way it used to, and at a certain point you cant take the shots you used to be able to.
It's hard to keep a mental drive, confidence, hunger, and a sense of purpose for years and years and years. Especially after set backs of losses, injuries, bad decisions, relationships, family, money.

To truly stay on top of your game for a long period of time is incredibly difficult and that's why the greats are so impressive, even if they eventually fall.

And before Anderson broken leg? How you explain 2 losses to Weidman? Also he took steroids durin and after leg Break.

His religion stuff sounds more legit. Hand injuries wow not as bad as knee or back.

Anderson was aging, and Weidman cracked his chin...which was his own fault with the horseplay. But, it was all downhill from there. After Weidman, he was/is subject to getting rocked. Steroids can help you be more powerful and faster but they can't help your chin or reflex timing. He's one of my favorite fighters but he should have retired after Weidman 1.

And before Anderson broken leg? How you explain 2 losses to Weidman? Also he took steroids durin and after leg Break.

His religion stuff sounds more legit. Hand injuries wow not as bad as knee or back.
His hand injuries were chronic. And it's well documented. The only other big name fighter to throw those Russian hooks was Igor and guess what...he had major hand issues and even changed his style and retired due to them. Although I think fedors problem was mostly due to him not grappling as much and head hunting, lack of motivation, and not adapting to western mma rule sets in the cage. And obviously now he's old and his reflexes are shot.

~DaViD~

fedor, shogun, wand, chuck etc. just got old and sport continued moving forward.

There some fighters who prime ending not make sense to me

Anderson silva
Cro cop

there fans just make shit up ^^ up.

But then some fighters it make sense

&Fedor had a noticable decline in sloppy fighting, and his body getting fatter his weight not changed but he lost muscle mass and increase body fat %

*Shogun had many serious knee injuries and after like 3rd one he stopped leg kicking and being as flexible.

*Wanderlei silva after being KO 3x in a row by killers (he was in his prime then) he then went on injuries and now is shit and was shit in his last UFC years. He also never adapted it seem to ground game that always his weakness.

*Chuck liddell just lost his chin. Once he went back to his kicks he was owning franklin and he was alright against rashad.

Who else?

---Cain could be debated to not be same after all his injuries

cage != ring
prime Cro cop req. a ring. He fought his entire life in a ring.

Anyway ... cro cop was so fucking slow.
Crocop++vs+mir+gif1.gif

Fedor was a mystery when it comes to injuries. He never complained.

Well, You could argue that Spider was losing his edge a few fights before he lost.

Similar to Fedor. He was still winning fights but any fan can objectively look at his fights with Mark Hunt..or even Lindland, HMC, and Rogers and say “he isn’t the same anymore” but he’s still getting the job done so it’s not really something you harp on.

Anderson at some point didn’t have the same edge as the guy who destroyed Franklin, Hendo, Griffin. He still won some fights and then he lost and not just his edge but his mystique is removed. After Shael, and then definetly after Weidman everybody in the division thought they could take him.

It’s an edge but we also don’t know what changes are made in training. If they even train as much. An injury took something away..or simply reflexes, timing, and calculation just aren’t the same. There’s a mental aspect.

I think in Fedors case, his body didn’t break down because of of age but his style deteriorated because he changed the way he trained. Now his age is a factor as well.

Anderson Silva might’ve just got old.

As for CroCop. I just don’t think cage fighting was his bag. He’s out of prime because he’s old(still with some good recent wins) I don’t think he loses to most of those guys in a ring. Immediately different fighter and being real..the competition wasn’t better in the UFC. Atleast not at the start. He was fighting lesser fight but he was a completely different fighter even vs the cans in UFC as well.

What? Pure delusion. Except for Anderson 1st fight with chael in which he was injured rib he destroyed everyone else. The Vitor and Bonar and Charles rematch not far apart from loss to Weidman.

cage != ring
prime Cro cop req. a ring. He fought his entire life in a ring.

Anyway ... cro cop was so fucking slow.
Crocop++vs+mir+gif1.gif

Fedor was a mystery when it comes to injuries. He never complained.

That was an obvious crap cro cop. I talking when he lost to Gonzaga years earlier

Watch Anderson vs Bonnar, that when i knew he had lost a significant step.

The guy who matrix'd Griffin, was getting touched on the fence by Bonnar, luckily Bonnar pillow fists have pillows and nobody thought a thing about it. But when Weidman put some mustard on the same punches that Bonnar was landing, everyone thought it was a fluke.

Nope, reflexes just aren't there, and havent been since.

No dude he just got caught he owned Bonnar
fedor, shogun, wand, chuck etc. just got old and sport continued moving forward.

Wand always had bad takedown defense but Chuck would be fine today so would Fedor if they fought like old selfs.

Half the fighers in each division are basically chuck liddell good wrestling amazing takedown defense, good hands or good kicks or both. Prime chuck out strike Vitor but be fair it was not TRT vitor with Jesús by his side.

Except for Jon Jones or prime Fedor few fighters are strong everywhere.

What? Pure delusion. Except for Anderson 1st fight with chael in which he was injured rib he destroyed everyone else. The Vitor and Bonar and Charles rematch not far apart from loss to Weidman.

That was an obvious crap cro cop. I talking when he lost to Gonzaga years earlier

prime cro cop req. ring and he believed his own hype, thats why (one of the reasons) he lost vs randleman .. he believed his own hype and lost, but he learned from that and made the same mistake in the ufc.
<seedat>

again: ring != cage.

No dude he just got caught he owned Bonnar

Wand always had bad takedown defense but Chuck would be fine today so would Fedor if they fought like old selfs.

Half the fighers in each division are basically chuck liddell good wrestling amazing takedown defense, good hands or good kicks or both. Prime chuck out strike Vitor but be fair it was not TRT vitor with Jesús by his side.

Except for Jon Jones or prime Fedor few fighters are strong everywhere.

Obviously he got clipped, if you cant matrix Stephan Bonnar then wtf do you think is going to happen when he tries it with Weidman??

Back