Lemieux vs. Saunders Dec. 16 on HBO - Officially Announced

in a fair world in billy last 3 fights combined he's lost about 18 rounds. he's actually not as good as a few people are saying.

BJS is Ryan Lochte level douche, that's why almost everyone hates him. He's not a good enough fighter to have fans due to his douche levels, but he's not a bad enough fighter for ppl to just ignore his douche levels. He's also boring.

Both his biggest wins (Eubank Jr. and Lee) were drawish fights. Hell, his fight against Akavov was drawish, as well (mostly because Saunders showed up in shameful condition). Even the Monroe fight was relatively close. Saunders is prone to close fights because he fades like crazy in the second half after usually winning the early rounds. The reason why I don't have all that much faith in Lemieux is that he isn't exactly a terror in the later rounds, either.

Yeah that's how I see it. BJS is pretty good at making himself a moving target against guys like Lemieux who aren't great movers. He did it to Eubank for the first half of the fight because Eubank kept loading up on his shots. BJS avoided everything pretty easily. Then in the second of the fight Eubank started to catchup and land on BJS for two reasons: one BJS slowed noticably, and two Eubank stopped looking for the big KO. I think Lemieux will find BJS pretty difficult to land on, assuming BJS isn't in terrible shape. And as you say Lemieux doesn't exactly come on strong in the second half which would be his best opportunity to pin down BJS.

Tbh I think BJS will scrape through in a decision. He'll probably show up to the fight mentally/physically on level with the Andy Lee bout and manage to outbox Lemieux despite a few scares along the way.

I'm probably one of the only ones hoping BJS wins too, but it's mainly because I want GGG to come to the UK again.
BJS is just such a dick. It's made it too hard to root for him.

Hope Lemieux KOs him. Excited to see this one.

Lemieux looks gaunt. Don't know if he always looks like shit at weigh ins or not.

Hoping for a brutal KO of BJ...the Tyson and his cousin provide more than enough douchebag behavior in that region.

Saw the weigh in David Lemieux dropped his pants and hid behind a towel where he didnt even stand on the scale properly. the plan was clearly to be way bigger than Billy Joe I bet he is 190lbs he could also fade easier that way. Saunders has less stamina he lost the last half of 4 of his last 6. I know he said his stamina is better than ever. but I see write ups of how he wins and claiming his stamina is his biggest asset is a crock of shit. your biggest weakness doesnt become your biggest asset.

They have a canadian judge who has judged a lot of fights in the UK giving it way too wide to the UK fighter. he judge degale vs Bute and had it about right. A british judge who is a known bad scorer for UK fighters. and an unknown judge from puerto rico who judges 4 rounders only. I don't really feel like the fix is in if it's close I think it goes to saunders even in quebec.

Is this fight on any tv channel here in the states?

in a fair world in billy last 3 fights combined he's lost about 18 rounds. he's actually not as good as a few people are saying.

You're not wrong. The Eubank, Lee, and Akavov fights were all drawish (the Akavov fight was close because Saunders was in shockingly bad condition). Still, Lemieux is plenty flawed himself, and Saunders has shown himself to be quite durable.

BJS is just such a dick. It's made it too hard to root for him.

Hope Lemieux KOs him. Excited to see this one.

Lemieux looks gaunt. Don't know if he always looks like shit at weigh ins or not.

He drains himself a lot to make the weight. It likely contributes to him having mediocre to shitty stamina (which will prevent him from winning this fight in my mind).

He drains himself a lot to make the weight. It likely contributes to him having mediocre to shitty stamina (which will prevent him from winning this fight in my mind).
Depends on what a lead he can build early on.

What channel is this on in Canada? Doesn’t seem to be on HBO here.

Depends on what a lead he can build early on.
Lemieux to me looks way bigger, also he weighed in behind a towel and I fully think he didnt stand on the scale properly. gaining extra weight may come back to haunt him but both fade so badly. People swear on saunders conditioning being great (because saunders said so) Im not sure how great his stamina can be in a training camp I think you your stamina can get better but it's never a strength so people who dont train ever naturally have great stamina and some who train a lot naturally just will never have great stamina.

I have a feeling you want both to lose seano these two dont seem your cup of tea?

Lemieux to me looks way bigger, also he weighed in behind a towel and I fully think he didnt stand on the scale properly. gaining extra weight may come back to haunt him but both fade so badly. People swear on saunders conditioning being great (because saunders said so) Im not sure how great his stamina can be in a training camp I think you your stamina can get better but it's never a strength so people who dont train ever naturally have great stamina and some who train a lot naturally just will never have great stamina.

I have a feeling you want both to lose seano these two dont seem your cup of tea?
I would prefer Lemieux win. I don't think a lot of him as a fighter but he seems to be a better caliber of person than Saunders.

I could see way too many things. I could see Saunders showing up like Bute, at the time of that fight bute was the favourite and not that many people picked bute (over froch) I could see it being like that I wouldnt be surprised. But, I could also see this being Alcine vs lemieux

Bbahahahahajja now I noticed all the hate in this thread

Saunders just whipped your man like a slave in the Roman construction works

Back