Leslie Smith is suing the UFC

Before she got canned the whole thing went through ufc lawyers, who made sure they covered theirs ass. Just in case she decided to sue them.

UFC doesn't want people who won't help the company out in odd circumstances. She was 4-2 in her last 6 fights.

She would have been re-signed if she had taken the fight. Worst case scenario, she gets 20K less in her last fight, but a new contract (with a raise) and a thank you.

She decided to be a manipulator over 1.8 pounds, now she will never fight in the UFC again.

If she had a good case, a lawyer would have taken her case based on a contingency fee and she wouldn’t need a go fund me request.

Yeah because the UFC can’t afford any decent lawyers or anything.

I actually like the idea. But good fucking luck, Leslie.

This lawsuit has failed already. She should just focus on getting signed with invicta or some other promotion, then unionizing.

It's a scam on her part to get money from idiots who would fund her

A union is a great thing for fighters.

I hope some day they get it.

It could be an interesting case depending on how much money she can raise and what kinda lawyer she can get. I'm assuming she's trying to establish the UFC basically got rid of her in retaliation for her union/association organizing, which the UFC wouldn't be able to do to their employees. So it's yet another mma lawsuit challenging fighter classification, but with this added layer of employer retaliation thrown in.

This is exactly what I wrote about in my thread. If she is suing because she was not brought back as an independent contractor, imagine what will happen if she and those of her mindset ever get the employee status they seek?

This.

She shouldn't be fighting whether or not her release was legal (which it was, as of present), she should be fighting the status of UFC considering athletes as contractors when they've enforced exclusivity on them. That's a big enough fight on its own, but one that they could rally public support for.

And considering WWE had this fight (and used all their resources to squash the Bagwell / Sanders / Klucsarits lawsuit), it's a grim outlook on that effort considering the current state of the federal administration.
She cannot, she needs them to certify (30% of the pool) first. She was trying to drum up interest, came up way short, was relieved of her UFC contract, and is now scrambling. Welcome to biting the hand that feeds.

She will do nuttin

I used to like this crazy broad, but she decides to not even fight just because Aspen whatever, missed weight. All that training and shit on both sides just to not fight.

Yeah she was getting released anyway + getting her show + win money....but she didn't give a shit about her fans....jus her fucking self. What if 2-3 SJW bitches took time off from their job at Starbucks and flew down to watch her ass fight.....it could happen.

And what a great way to never be back with the UFC....pulling out of the last fight and then suing them. F her.

Last edited:
Wow, so many legal experts here on Sherdog, I'm impressed. All this free advice too, shouldn't you guys be billing Miss Smith for the opinions?

Inb4 Sherdog lawyers chime in...oops, too late.

Wow, so many legal experts here on Sherdog, I'm impressed. All this free advice too, shouldn't you guys be billing Miss Smith for the opinions?
I technically (technically) AM a lawyer. But more just another Sherbro with some opinions. This IS a forum for opinions ya know ;)

Back