Let’s be completely honest, Shogun would’ve...

I think shogun could take him down and pound him out. He has great takedowns and back in the day had a fantastic ground game. His gnp is totally brutal and he also has a goat chin so wtf is Anderson gonna do?

Duck

Destroyed spider even in his prime. Remember how invincible Dragon looked, but Rua ate him for lunch as if his strikes were invisible and KO’d him like a little boy! I doubt very much that A.Silva would do better, do you agree?

Rua even in his prime was one of the most unpredictable fighters of all time. I mean this is a guy who could beat almost anyone in the world and at the same time he's the guy that could lose to almost anyone in the world.

Now I see what people mean when they say they love Shogun but hate his fans lol.

Prime Shogun smokes Prime Anderson

Oh yes, I forgot about “prime shogun” legend.

Here’s some real talk to inject in your mythical analysis:

Anderson > chael > shogun

Now I see what people mean when they say they love Shogun but hate his fans lol.

That’s a bit unfair

Every one of shoguns fans are objective, rational, and well reasoned in their thinking. They don’t employ hyperbole or make excuses for him.

Oh yes, I forgot about “prime shogun” legend.

Here’s some real talk to inject in your mythical analysis:

Anderson > chael > shogun

IMG_1702-1000x1024.jpg

MMAMATH doesn’t work! Shogun will take Silva’s best and finish him like he did Machida because his style is perfect to kill the spider, granite chin, leg kicks, brawler with dynamite in both legs and fists, great bjj
Cool story bro. Needs more trt tho, imo

Their primes where at different times.

Peak Anderson finishes Peak Shogun IMO.
They have similar styles but Silva was MUCH more fluid and had significantly better defense.

Anderson was petrified of shogun after the lyoto fight

he shut up real fast after that

shogun would ko him
Yup, still remember the interview after the second Machida fight where they asked Shogun if he would fight Anderson and he immediately replied in English "of course, I am a professional". He even called dismissed something Anderson said by saying even parrots can talk.

Prime vs Prime, Shogun beats him imo. And he's never popped for PEDS and has declined at the age that one thinks a fighter should.

Prime (Pride) Shogun’s offensive strategy was to run forward and destroy. Not a great idea against the best counter striker in MMA history.

His approach against Machida (the first fight) was brilliant and he got screwed by the judges. His best chance against Silva would have been to employ the same method and hope to outpoint him. Still unlikely to work out.

HUGE Shogun fan....not betting against prime Anderson. Dont care whos favourite or what, i remember his prime , and truly believ hed win. The only what if for me would be Jones who i think wins.

Yup, still remember the interview after the second Machida fight where they asked Shogun if he would fight Anderson and he immediately replied in English "of course, I am a professional". He even called dismissed something Anderson said by saying even parrots can talk.

Prime vs Prime, Shogun beats him imo. And he's never popped for PEDS and has declined at the age that one thinks a fighter should.

Lol at professional.

Why didn’t he fight Glover?

Wait. He told us why. Glover wasn’t a big enough name, so he fought someone else.

Though, ironically enough, I can’t remember the huge name that shogun fought instead of fighting Glover.

Can a shogun fan help me out?

Rua leg kicks were too powerful for spindly spider legs.

Back