"Let go of my hair!" Girl arrested by officers on video. Thoughts?

Yea, cops are just humans, they have egos as well.

If the girl spoke to her calmly she wouldn't have asked her to step out, because the situation did not originally warrant her stepping out, the cop was just pissed off. Similar to the Sandra Bland case, the cop only pulled her out because she didn't put out her cigarette when he asked her to (which he had no right to do).

Yes but here's the thing, civillians are also human, they too have egos. A civillian does not have the Force Options that are bestowed upon a peace officer, so oftentime there only recourse to talk shit loudly when interfacing a cop.

Which is why I could never be a cop, or a parent for that matter. "Sorry, your honor, it was my damn ego again." will never hold up in court for a guy like me, why should it for anybody else in their proffession? Especially one with life and death stakes?

A cop on the other hand knows that every single day they are on the frontlines of human angst, if they can't handle the turbulence of what they knowingly sign up for without losing their temper over some screamy heffa then they should give their badge, gun and pension to someone who can.

I'm not saying this to bash cops, but the very nature of their job means that they are subject to elevated standards does it not?

Yes but here's the thing, civillians are also human, they too have egos. A civillian does not have the Force Options that are bestowed upon a peace officer, so oftentime there only recourse to talk shit loudly when interfacing a cop.

Which is why I could never be a cop, or a parent for that matter. "Sorry, your honor, it was my damn ego again." will never hold up in court for a guy like me, why should it for anybody else in their proffession? Especially one with life and death stakes?

A cop on the other hand knows that every single day they are on the frontlines of human angst, if they can't handle the turbulence of what they knowingly sign up for without losing their temper over some screamy heffa then they should give their badge, gun and pension to someone who can.

I'm not saying this to bash cops, but the very nature of their job means that they are subject to elevated standards does it not?

Oh, I agree 100% with you.

I was actually saying this to say that cops power trip too, it's not just always them enforcing the law.

If you are going to be a lady cop you should have to have short hair. Imagine if that was a real struggle for life. Grab a hold of the hair and swing the bitch around by it. There is a reason there is no hair pulling in the UFC.

That got out of hand quickly. "let go of my hair". Ok....she has resisted your commands up to this point, you really think she will let go of your hair just because you told her to?

Yea, exactly. Many female cops have crop tops, but I always figured a lot of them are lesbian / tomboyish anyway.

Lol, it's also astonishing that there are actually people out there who want cops to be able to fuck people up for being rude.

"Dur, the cunt deserved it for her attitude!" If you don't understand what is so wrong with that kind of statement then you are hopeless.

Lol. Use the quote system, pussy.

Providing false identification is illegal. She wasn't arrested for being rude. If you're an arrogant, poorly-socialized piece of shit, and you interact with cops in that way, the cop will latch onto anything you wrong and they will arrest you. Soft skills matter, it's the difference between a smooth interaction and no arrest, and an arrest. The girl needs to get head out of her ass and learn how to interact with other people correctly.

Providing false identification is illegal. She wasn't arrested for being rude. If you're an arrogant, poorly-socialized piece of shit, and you interact with cops in that way, the cop will latch onto anything you wrong and they will arrest you. Soft skills matter, it's the difference between a smooth interaction and no arrest, and an arrest. The girl needs to get head out of her ass and learn how to interact with other people correctly.

The false identification thing seemed like a misunderstanding, she had 2 last names.

And while she technically was arrested for providing false information, I don't think that would have happened if the girl was kind and sweet so it was in a way arresting her for her attitude.

Lol, it's also astonishing that there are actually people out there who want cops to be able to fuck people up for being rude.

"Dur, the cunt deserved it for her attitude!" If you don't understand what is so wrong with that kind of statement then you are hopeless.
deserve and should happen are different

I don’t know what to think about this. Comes down to whether Samantha Alonzo Luna was deliberately trying to conceal her identity. This actually is one of those situations where speaking calmly and respectfully to a police officer is necessary. The cop may not know the surname convention she’s speaking of and has to make a judgement call. All the chick’s hostility certainly didn’t swing that judgement in her favor.

Last edited:
Yes, fire the shitty ones and pay the good police officers and teachers more money. Both of those professions have some real talent in their ranks, people who deserve to be paid more money for their skills and ability to do a great job. They also have some people who never should have been allowed in the profession.

that can be said about pretty much any profession tho. We would have to make like 30% of the country unemployed, or reduce them to service industry jobs. And that doesn't include people who happen to have a "bad" day or week, etc. There are watch dog groups for pretty much all skilled professions and trades.

Cops enforce laws tho, so that separates them from other professions within the community. Because it is a government job, people hold it to a higher accountability... but at the same time, doctors, nurse, lawyers, licensed trades people, teachers all require licenses and are also approved by the government.

Thankfully, stuff like social media, phone camera, etc help document and spread evidence. So as a society, we are evolving to correct some of these institutional problems. But some of it will never be fixable, as it is simply human nature.

too much missing info from the beginning, looks rough, but not completely unwarranted.

If you only watch videos of difficult arrests.
I'd say you have an uniformed opinion.

Yeah well I specified other videos of arrests made in the U.S. We usually watch videos of difficult and controversial arrests, not the standard ones.

My comment was half sarcastic/tongue in cheek. I wasn't trying to infer any strong opinion other than "meh, not the worst cop arrest I've seen on video"

I don’t know what to think about this. Comes down to whether the Samantha Alonzo Luna was deliberately trying to conceal her identity. This actually is one of those situations where speaking calmly and respectfully to a police officer is necessary. The cop may not know the surname convention she’s speaking of and has to make a judgement call. All the chick’s hostility certainly didn’t swing that judgement in her favor.

In theory: You should be able to talk as nasty as you want to a cop (just like any other profession) and it should not justify harming you.

Realistically: If you get an attitude with a cop you can find yourself with a couple of "warning shots" in your chest. (shouldn't be like that though)

Yeah well I specified other videos of arrests made in the U.S. We usually watch videos of difficult and controversial arrests, not the standard ones.

My comment was half sarcastic/tongue in cheek. I wasn't trying to infer any strong opinion other than "meh, not the worst cop arrest I've seen on video"
Gotcha.
I just get tired of the police in my country getting bagged on, its like the Catholic church. The vast majority of them do good works and get a bad name because of the minority.

That was put poorly but I meant the other thing.

The issue is not that she was arrested. The issue is that she was yanked out of the vehicle by a police officer who appeared to just want to cause the girl some pain for her tone of voice. There is no reasonable explanation for the police officer to suddenly become violent or aggressive at that moment. The police officer was like you apparently, she just wanted that "cunt" to "get what she deserved."

Yeah I saw that poor chick had her ass all out on the ground (wood)...very rough situation

Yet I can’t sympathize. I’m a brown Latino and recently had a situation where I was pulled over while driving my fathers 3 figure car and forgot my license in my car. I explained to the officer my situation and was cordial (yes sir, no sir) I told him my full name (two last names just like the chick) and he looked me up. After about 10 min he said he couldn’t find me since the computers were down but because I was respectful he would just advise me to never drive without my wallet again. That’s it. I’ve never had a bad experience with police because I show respect and holy shit guys...they show it right back....

In theory: You should be able to talk as nasty as you want to a cop (just like any other profession) and it should not justify harming you.

Realistically: If you get an attitude with a cop you can find yourself with a couple of "warning shots" in your chest. (shouldn't be like that though)

I’m looking at this as a situation where the officer may or may not be dealing with someone who’s trying to conceal their identity. Maybe it was just an innocent matter of two surnames being used interchangeably or maybe the girl was deliberately providing the name differently than it reads on her legal identification hoping that will get her off (of what we don’t know, too much was missing from the beginning of the interaction.)

Anyway, right at this moment, any notion of perfect policing is precluded because the cop now has to make a subjective judgement call about whether the girl has committed a crime. All of a sudden she is required by the situation to make use of all sorts of non-objective measures to decide whether to arrest the girl and let the courts sort things out later. And in that moment the girl provided the cop with a mountain of subjective reasons to think she was guilty.

I guess I just chalk it up to an actual, imperfect reality getting in the way of the perfect, rational model we like to impose on existence.

The issue is not that she was arrested. The issue is that she was yanked out of the vehicle by a police officer who appeared to just want to cause the girl some pain for her tone of voice. There is no reasonable explanation for the police officer to suddenly become violent or aggressive at that moment. The police officer was like you apparently, she just wanted that "cunt" to "get what she deserved."
I have no idea what protocol is, cop told her to get out of the car twice in the span of a few seconds, probably because she felt Luna was playing her for a fool.

Yanking ensued. I dont see it as the end of the world, and at the same time it surely escalated quickly.

At what point do you need to obey police commands?

I have no idea what protocol is, cop told her to get out of the car twice in the span of a few seconds, probably because she felt Luna was playing her for a fool.

Yanking ensued. I dont see it as the end of the world, and at the same time it surely escalated quickly.

At what point do you need to obey police commands?

"It surely escalated quickly" should be a phrase that is never used to describe the actions of a police officer dealing with a typical traffic stop. It is not rocket science, and it's not that hard to be patient and act like a professional. Explain the situation, explain what the person has done wrong, explain what they are being arrested for, and explain the consequences of failing to obey.

What happened in 5 seconds, should have taken 5 minutes. She was not even close to behaving like a respectable person, let alone like a professional law enforcer who is at work doing a job.

Yeah I saw that poor chick had her ass all out on the ground (wood)...very rough situation

Yet I can’t sympathize. I’m a brown Latino and recently had a situation where I was pulled over while driving my fathers 3 figure car and forgot my license in my car. I explained to the officer my situation and was cordial (yes sir, no sir) I told him my full name (two last names just like the chick) and he looked me up. After about 10 min he said he couldn’t find me since the computers were down but because I was respectful he would just advise me to never drive without my wallet again. That’s it. I’ve never had a bad experience with police because I show respect and holy shit guys...they show it right back....
And, hey, if they ask a person to step out of the car, step out of the car.

A few tens of seconds of video and making these calls ex post facto is not the best way to be informed about an arrest.

Back