Let's all be honest: Trump's "wall" is a colossal waste of money

I ran some numbers and having a minimum wage earner sitting every 100 along the full border would be cheaper than the 20billion quoted. Let alone the benefit from the number of jobs created.

That many more government jobs? No fucking thank you!!!! No way would it pay that low either. Plus all the benefits...

That many more government jobs? No fucking thank you!!!! No way would it pay that low either. Plus all the benefits...

What's wrong with government jobs?
Surely no worse than government contracts.
Money goes to people who will spend it.
Savings on welfare

It's like 90,000 jobs.

It's not a serious proposal but neither was Trump campaign proposal.

Joining the guard is voluntary. If you won't guard the border, maybe you should be mowing your lawn.

you make everything sounds so....simple. people do not join national guard so they can go to the southern border to guard the border for their entire military contract. if that is what they want then they rather join the border patrol. Using the NG to guard the border is a temp solution, not a permanent solution.

i was a NG captain and part of my job was dealing with retention and recruiting.

Last edited:
Walls worked incredibly well... It's the reason all strongholds had walls. I'm not sure what you were thinking with this post.

Allowing Mongols and Huns to come in and rape your women = walls worked incredibly well? I guess we have different definitions of 'incredibly well'

Allowing Mongols and Huns to come in and rape your women = walls worked incredibly well? I guess we have different definitions of 'incredibly well'
the Mongols were raging war against the Ming dynasty. is Mexico raging a war against United States? i'd imagine there is a difference between 100,000 angry mongols catapult your wall with rocks and explosives VS poor immigrants trying to sneak in your country

but but it's all the same, right?

Last edited:

Lol the great wall failed because the guards let them through not because the wall didn't do it's job.

What makes you think I like government contracts? (The way they handle them I mean)

Well you can't build a wall without one of the two.
So your objection is not how to build it but building it all.

National guardsman or reserves every 400 yards.
are their power limited by not being allowed into mexico ? as in even if they can confirm cartels are there they cannot engage or apprehend on the Mexican side of the border ?

Agree. Terrible idea. Would say national ID is better

That's like saying a Burglar alarm is a waste of money.

Sure, it won't completely rule out an intruder, but its a deterrent. You can then move onto other areas of concern.

I think we should just build a wall on the boarder, with a moat, and have roving gangs of Tiki Torch racists patrolling the area. What could go wrong there?

Honest to fucking god, does the American right wing wear Depends to catch all that piss in their pants? I have never seen a bigger group of cowards in my life than the American right wingers.

you make everything sounds so....simple. people do not join national guard so they can go to the southern border to guard the border for their entire military contract. if that is what they want then they rather join the border patrol. Using the NG to guard the border is a temp solution, not a permanent solution.

i was a NG captain and part of my job was dealing with retention and recruiting.
You apparently were not successful in retaining yourself.

You apparently were not successful in retaining yourself.
because it was no longer worth it. High ops tempo and double the MUTAs for part time military service? No thanks. I have a good career and family outside of NG. I finally call it quit last year after 17 years

That's like saying a Burglar alarm is a waste of money.

Sure, it won't completely rule out an intruder, but its a deterrent. You can then move onto other areas of concern.

exactly .. why put up any form of security measures .. they're going to get in anyways .. why put up security measures at home .. they're going to break in anyways .. deal with them after they've broken in and raped/killed your wife/daughter .. deal with the problem after the fact .. that's the way to tackle it

Back