Let's all be honest: Trump's "wall" is a colossal waste of money

Old trick

58270469.jpg

Trump is mostly a less funny copy of Berlusconi

With proper security included in the package, the wall is a useful tool.

It actually sort of boggles me how much of this country is opposed to having secure borders. Always has.

With proper security included in the package, the wall is a useful tool.

It actually sort of boggles me how much of this country is opposed to having secure borders. Always has.
democrats need future votes from amnesty illegal immigrants

he wants to build it in order to increase his chances of getting re-elected because thats what his supporters want the most. if he doesn't deliver on that promise that could hurt his chances
I'm curious how it would play out if the economy is doing phenomenal, but the wall isn't built come 2020. If it seriously hurts his chances of winning reelection in this scenario it really puts into perspective this country's priorities.

Walls didnt work in the Middle ages when people didnt have technology, why would they work now?
Actually they did.

Without a huge effort in manpower and or the correct technology propely built castles where damn near unbreachable if the defenders had enough food to simply wait the attackers out.

Actually they did.

Without a huge effort in manpower and or the correct technology propely built castles where damn near unbreachable if the defenders had enough food to simply wait the attackers out.
i never understand why some people are comparing border wall to stop illegals from sneaking drugs & people into USA

VS

medieval wall to stop invading enemy forces with arrows and catapults.

The two circumstances are not even the same

Not exactly sure how this will help when most illegals come here legally and then simply overstay their visas/documents.
people come here on visas are vetted by US consulate abroad, their biometrics are collected by DHS, and they generally cannot carry a load of drugs in an airplane.

but but it is the same.

Actually they did.

So Trump is building a medieval castle on the border? My mistake I thought he wanted to build a wall....

Like that former Mexican president said, you can build a 20 foot wall, they're just going to come over it with a 20 foot ladder.

Or as a lot do, just come under the wall through tunnels. You can build a 100 foot wall, it doesn't matter if they're just going under it. Or they'll continue to be smuggled across the border. Or they'll just come legally and overstay their VISAs.

What Trump needs to do is acknowledge that illegal immigrants are going to get into America, and focus his resources and remove them when they do with stricter rules.

Take that money you were going to use on a wall and offer cash rewards for tips leading to the deportation of illegals. Money is the greatest motivator behind sex, so if someone knows they can make money from anonymously reporting illegals, ICE is going to be VERY busy.

Continue to go after businesses who employ illegals with heavy fines and sanctions.

Make it so that if you're caught illegally living in America, you're deported and you are forever disqualified from ever legally immigrating or visiting America.

And of course, DACA MUST be abolished.

So Trump is building a medieval castle on the border? My mistake I thought he wanted to build a wall....
You know what i meant.

Walls where and are an effective detterent.

Are walls unbreachable ? No

Are walls an effective obstacle and detterent for entry yes.

people come here on visas are vetted by US consulate abroad, their biometrics are collected by DHS, and they generally cannot carry a load of drugs in an airplane.

but but it is the same.

My point is/was that most illegals are here because they overstayed their visas/other documentation and that building a wall does not stop this. I said nothing about whether or not a wall could reduce drugs coming over the border (which I think it actually may to some degree).

My point is/was that most illegals are here because they overstayed their visas/other documentation and that building a wall does not stop this. I said nothing about whether or not a wall could reduce drugs coming over the border (which I think it actually may to some degree).
how can anybody know how many border crossers (aka improper entry) in United States? it's not like someone crossed border illegally from Mexico and show up to the nearest DHS office for a head count.

Unlawful presence (also known as visa overstay) is a little different. DHS would have a good number how many unlawful presence immigrants in United States if you don't turn in your I-94 form when you depart the US.

also, the fence/wall would help with reducing drugs coming into USA. I was deployed to Yuma in 2006/2007 to built the fence on the border. Before the fence was put up, you would see drug smugglers just waltz through the border in their ATV, trucks, donkeys, and horses carrying a shitload of drugs.

also, the fence/wall would help with reducing drugs coming into USA. I was deployed to Yuma in 2006/2007 to built the fence on the border. Before the fence was put up, you would see drug smugglers just waltz through the border in their ATV, trucks, donkeys, and horses carrying a shitload of drugs.

Since you seem to not want black market drugs entering our nation, you're for the legalization of drugs? Seems like this wall is treating a symptom rather than the root cause.

You know what i meant.

Walls where and are an effective detterent.

Are walls unbreachable ? No

Are walls an effective obstacle and detterent for entry yes.

Manned walls yes.
Unmanned walls no.

It's a cost benefit situation.

The benefits of a very high very solid wall aren't much greater than a simple fence.

Since you seem to not want black market drugs entering our nation, you're for the legalization of drugs? Seems like this wall is treating a symptom rather than the root cause.
depends on the drugs. Obviously, I'm not OK with dangerous drugs in Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 drugs with high potential for psychological or physical dependence.

Schedule 3, 4, 5? Go for it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-when-promised-wall-across-entire-border.html

Kelly didn’t deny a report in the Washington Post on Wednesday that he told Democratic lawmakers Trump was uninformed on the wall during the campaign.

“There's been an evolutionary process that this president has gone through... and I pointed out to all the members that were in the room that they all say things during the course of campaigns that may or may not be fully informed,” Kelly said.

Back