Let's Bash Some Cities

San Diego - I've got nothing... It's the goat city.

Brampton Ontario is the capital city of the Indian province of Ontario. Canada sucks

I'm coming for small English cathedral cities.

Leicester: First thing I saw was a homeless man with one leg yelling at someone. And your Sainsburys needs a security card in the middle of the day. It's kinda cool Richard III was found there but you gave him a shit tomb.

Hereford: Similar to Gloucester, quite a pretty place but let down by the people there. High Street is dead as well.

Nottingham: Apparently you don't lead the nation in per capita stabbings anymore... good job I guess.

Exeter: Quite a nice place I suppose but when I was there a wasp kept trying to attack my pasty so you lose marks for that.

Oxford: So much culture, beautiful buildings and history here, yet you ruin it by the layer of Harry Potter tat all over the city. Have some fucking pride.

I'd guess Gloucesters shitness tends to get overlooked by people who havent been thetre based on the catheral and yokel sterotypes but it is pretty bad, built a big retail outlet and everything else in the centre is slowly dying as everyones goes shopping in Cheltenham instead.

Dubai is terrible. They don't even have street addresses and they don't have a proper sewage system. Maybe they changed it but that was the case a few years ago. All the construction is also done by slave labor.

I was being sarcastic. lol

It looks great but no substance.

I'd guess Gloucesters shitness tends to get overlooked by people who havent been thetre based on the catheral and yokel sterotypes but it is pretty bad, built a big retail outlet and everything else in the centre is slowly dying as everyones goes shopping in Cheltenham instead.

And Cheltenham High Street isn't looking as healthy as it used to be.

A lot of people thought Gloucester Quays would fail completely when it was built. Even if its survival came at the cost of the centre.

I used to like visiting American cities but I am not sure which ones were burned down during the BLM protests (and have not been rebuilt yet).

And Cheltenham High Street isn't looking as healthy as it used to be.

A lot of people thought Gloucester Quays would fail completely when it was built. Even if its survival came at the cost of the centre.

Its got John Lewis on it but generally I think you can see Cheltenham has shifted ever more to the promenade, the posher shopping areas.

How was it different 15 years ago?
Normal gentrification stuff. Szenes were new, rents affordable and people doing wild shit and unconventional businesses etc everywhere. It was wild. Now those people either made it and calmed down or were driven out due to prices.

It's a normal process and I'm not enemy of gentrification in general. It's somewhat a natural process.

But now all the once unique and fresh stuff is totally normalised and by that stripped of its magic. Everyone is a "cool" kid now while doing totally normal stuff and blending in the big berlin bubble and thinking it's wild. It might be to them but for me it's domesticated compared and a but sad cause creativity was swapped for money.

We had a trend of homeless people burning themselves out of misery and protest for instance. Homelessnes is quite bigger now.
Like in any major city but still, shit didn't happen back then.

<Fedor23>

Back