Lets be honest, its complete b.s. strikers cant grab the cage to prevent the takedown

With some people, i get the impression that they should simply watch Boxing or Kickboxing. I mean, if you don´t like the other aspects of the fighting game, why do you watch (or even compete) in MMA?

I say the cage is there to be used.

G2JR.gif

GTfUHgH.gif

With some people, i get the impression that they should simply watch Boxing or Kickboxing. I mean, if you don´t like the other aspects of the fighting game, why do you watch (or even compete) in MMA?
To be honest I just think it’s Conor fans that still have not accepted the fact that their boy got smashed and want the rules adjusted to help him in the future.

This is actually a really good fucken point.

Cage makes it easier for strikers actually. Try getting up from the bottom in a ring. IT actually requires learning BJJ. Cage is much easier to get up and defend takedown. The only thing that sucks about it is the wall n stall hugging.
This is the correct answer.

I prefer the ring, but the cage is easier to use for theTD, but also to get up as well.

To be honest I just think it’s Conor fans that still have not accepted the fact that their boy got smashed and want the rules adjusted to help him in the future.
Nah, i hear this whining for over 10 years... At least in Pride they acknowledged the goundgame too...
upload_2018-10-21_3-41-32.png

Bring back headbutts while we are at it so wrestlers will forever reign supreme

You do realise it's easier to defend with a cage right? There's something you get pushed back into instead of having a guy double leg you and chase you down until you eventually fall

So grapplers can push us against the cage to establish position but we cant use the cage to prevent takedowns? Seems very biased towards the grappler right? Wrestlers are protected by that and lack of soccer kicks and knees to downed opponents imo.

First of all stating the obvious....The cage is there, so what else is there to push the guy against? Not the fighters fault the organization chooses a fence to contain a contest. Also a striker can use the cage to his advantage as wwell if they know how to properly wall crawl using back and shoulder muscles.
Second, a striker can grab the cage all he wants, and hook the cage with his toes all he wants. All he fighter will get is a warning for doing so which is only a threat. IF THE GRAB prevents the opponent from advancing, slamming, picking up, or the grab prevents ANY advance in position period THAT is not fair and a point should be deducted for it.

MIXED.....MARTIAL...ARTS

Biased? Haha, when was the last time a ref said you are stalling by not engaging in striking enough, I'm putting you on the ground. There have been plenty of stinkers on the feet, with guys running away (sorry I mean resetting).

How about you learn to grapple if you want to be a high-level fighter. Problem solved.
No.its not how grappling works in real life it's just a pale imitation of.sport

Instead of true combat grappling is heavily weighted to the wrestler in all the rules. It's like a form of sambo wrestling competition in the UFC instead of true combat because it favours grapples so much.

Cage makes it easier for strikers actually. Try getting up from the bottom in a ring. IT actually requires learning BJJ. Cage is much easier to get up and defend takedown. The only thing that sucks about it is the wall n stall hugging.
No.its not Khabib's made a career of holding STRIKERS against the cage you don't even know what you're talking about you buffoon

Go watch Jerry Bohlander vs Fabio Gurgel, this 1 fight will change you mind about fence grabbing

TS, look up Carlson Gracie vs John Lewis and see if you still feel this way.

not true. In a ring, they will reset back to the middle which can stop momentum. Also, ring makes it easier for strikers to corner people.

TS, look up Carlson Gracie vs John Lewis and see if you still feel this way.
Mate that's a fluke.

Every grappler dreams of having someone up against the cage. Anyone who argues against that is deluding themselves and is a sambo wrestling fanboy instead of a true combat and fair sport fan

<VinceShock><Gordonhat>

They should electrify the fence.

I was reading a few days ago, rorion Gracie was the one who designed the octagon, however they actually were contemplating that idea, he said in order to prevent escape, but I also think it had something to do with circumventing fighters holding on to cage to avoid td’s, because he’s well... a Gracie.

Last edited:
Im totally with you, also knees on the ground wont give fighter on the ground a chance to stall, its a stupid rule.
too right there , do something or get off the friggin ground or cop a knee to the melon

Back