Lets be honest, its complete b.s. strikers cant grab the cage to prevent the takedown

So grapplers can push us against the cage to establish position but we cant use the cage to prevent takedowns? Seems very biased towards the grappler right? Wrestlers are protected by that and lack of soccer kicks and knees to downed opponents imo.

They are also protected by lack up upkicks and not able to do 12 to 6 elbows. And especially by not being able to strike spinal column or back of head or eye gouge. Now im against back head shots and eye gouge and spinal stuff but in a fight to death a grappler is vulnerable in those ways.

Did you ever watch Coleman vs Goodridge? That shit right there is why the fence grab rule is in place.

Gary spent the whole fight grabbing the cage with both hands, and since Mark couldn't complete a takedown, he resorted to punching him from time to time. Bullshit ass fight.

I think hair pulling should be allowed.

The rules are really old school and heavily favor wrestlers. I think they could tweak some stuff and make things more exciting. Sports evolve, the NBA added the 3 point shot for example. Some rules are just better for the game.

Feels like a throwback thread. But maybe this is a sign of having things to talk that are directly related to fighting.

The rules are definitely not all favorable to wrestlers. It's ridiculous to say so. Fighters have grabbed to fence to avoid takedowns and had no point taken away. Arlovski alone has won (at least) two fights by grabbing the fence. Fights get stood up if there isn't enough action on the ground, in the ref's opinion.
The damn company has marginalized and weeded out grapplers who they thought weren't exciting enough.

Weird that this is a discussion.
It's bullshit a grappler can't grab the opponent's shorts to execute moves.

True but to be fair this sport would be alot different if I had my say

Only 2 rounds. 1 single 15 min round. Then a final 5 min round. 2 minute break between rounds for corner advice

No gloves
Kicks to down opponent legal
Large ring
go fight in some non sanctioned bouts for Alaska and you will get similar rules. I limited to fighting once a year so I didn't fight under Pride rules when they came to town but it's there.

It's also biased against grapplers that they can't knee opponents on the ground. Knees from side control or front headlock position would be way more effective than anything strikers are restricted to do.

And it’s biased against strikers that they can’t kick or knee a downed grappler.

Remember when Anderson Silva got DQ’d against Okami?

Pride rules plus elbows is the best rule set.

I can't stand these one hand/two hands down bullshit for knees.

Wow, a Connor fan complaining that the rules should be adjusted to better fit their main source of protein's fight style. Who would have guessed it?

You should be able to grab the fence because the refs don’t enforce it anyways

If you grab the cage it's artificial support.

It's the same way as the ropes can't be used to prevent the knockdown.

So grapplers can push us against the cage to establish position but we cant use the cage to prevent takedowns? Seems very biased towards the grappler right? Wrestlers are protected by that and lack of soccer kicks and knees to downed opponents imo.

IMO the purpose of the cage is to simulate a walled in arena but they can't used a glass wall so the next best option is a cage.

I agree. Wrestlers have too many advantages in the rule set.

True but to be fair this sport would be alot different if I had my say

Only 2 rounds. 1 single 15 min round. Then a final 5 min round. 2 minute break between rounds for corner advice

No gloves
Kicks to down opponent legal
Large ring

Luckily you don't have a say because UFC would be dead already with those "rules"

You're supposed to have the skill to prevent a takedown. Grabbing a cage is something a person without skill will do

You’re supposed to have skill getting a takedown too. Using a cage is what someone witho it skill will do.

Right on TS i think its BS that they don't allow eye pokes.

Conor lost to the better fighter. Get over it.

Back