Let's have a look at Holloway vs Top 5 LW's

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
(C) Khabib: I'd take Khabib, but kinda wouldn't be surprised if Max would win.

(1) Tony: I think Max wins, because as we all know, Tony gets hit too much, and I feel Max would have more power at 155, and I don't think Tony could take Max down, plus Max could keep up with Tony's pace.

(2) Conor: I think Max get's Conor this time around. I just think the striking would cancel out, and it would come down to cardio, and clearly Max has better cardio.

(3) Dustin: I think this is a hard fight for Max a little, because Poirier has good cardio, and good boxing, but I'd still take Max.

(4) Kevin Lee: I think this would also be a little hard for Max, purely because of the grappling, but if Max hits Kevin a few good times, Lee goes out.

(5) Edson: I think Max wins late in the fight, I think the first round, and a half is hard for Max, but eventually Edson wilts to the pressure, and boxing of Max.

Thoughts?

He could take the strikers. Not sure how he'd handle Lee or Khabib.
Oh and idk about him vs Tony.

Khabib - loses, bad matchup
Tony - I lean towards Tony but I think it would be a phenomenal fight
Conor - probably beats Conor at this stage. I think Conor has declined a bit.
Dustin - wins
Lee - loses badly IMO
Edson - destroys Edson with pressure, is Barboza really top 5 still?

Khabib - loses, bad matchup
Tony - I lean towards Tony but I think it would be a phenomenal fight
Conor - probably beats Conor at this stage. I think Conor has declined a bit.
Dustin - wins
Lee - loses badly IMO
Edson - destroys Edson with pressure, is Barboza really top 5 still?

Might be underrating Conor a bit here but I think you're pretty much on point with your assessments. Max's willingness to trade punches makes a winnable fight for Conor, I would find it a tough one to call either way though.

In five round fights I'd favor max over all but khabib, but I wouldn't be confident at all.

Might be underrating Conor a bit here but I think you're pretty much on point with your assessments. Max's willingness to trade punches makes a winnable fight for Conor, I would find it a tough one to call either way though.
I agree, Conor could win and I'd expect him to win the first 1-2 rounds. I didn't think Conor looked very sharp by his standards against Khabib standing though (even considering the TD threat), and Max's durability and pace make me doubt Conor would be able to last with him. Unlike Nate, Max probably wouldn't let his foot off the gas in the later rounds and give Conor a chance to recover. Still though, as you say, it's a winnable fight for Conor on paper.

Back