Lets hear your solutions to illegal aliens being separated from children.

Seano

Hands of bone
@plutonium
Reaction score
So I keep hearing everyone talking about all of the options we have available instead of separation. Everyone seems to have an opinion they are unwilling to share in the other threads.
I've asked for clarification a dozen times over this past week and have not got one answer, though it seems everyone has that solution because they seem to think its obvious what we are doing is wrong.

Lets be constructive here and create a dialogue about what solutions are available. What should we be doing for these illegal aliens who bring their children here?

Detain them in the same facility as the parents?

Tell the parents not to knowingly break the laws of the country they're coming into especially if they have kids?

I would throw a donkey with a sombrero in the cage and tell the cheerins its summer camp, IN A TENT!!!

No shit. Its not rocket science, keep them with their parents, then send them home together.
Instead the kids are being used as a political chip so Trump can get his wall.
This should not be a political issue, we as a country are better than this.

is the issue then not, why can't american prisoners have their kids with them?

American children are citizens of the US and did not commit any crime. The justice system usually provides alternative or lesser punishments to its citizens who have responsibilities to raise children as it is acknowledge to be in the communities best interest to do so. Where that is incompatible with the crimes committed they go to homes.

I can't believe you have to ask questions like this.

No shit. Its not rocket science, keep them with their parents, then send them home together.
Instead the kids are being used as a political chip so Trump can get his wall.
This should not be a political issue, we as a country are better than this.
You couldn't see issues arising with children being held in facilities with adults when we can't even identify who they are, if its even their child? When we can't identify who else is in that facility right away?

You couldn't see issues arising with children being held in facilities with adults when we can't even identify who they are, if its even their child? When we can't identify who else is in that facility right away?

But that's not what's happening.

Families are getting separated that we know are families.

We do exactly this in Australia, just saying...

In fact we hold them offshore so they never make it to our shores (even smarter)

Crossing the border is a misdemeanor. We don't send Americans to jail indefinitely for misdemeanors.
Its not indefinite. Asylum requests take a certain amount of time, generally a couple of months. If illegals decide to return home, they are immediately reunited with their children. They are taken away while we confirm who they are, criminal background, etc. Which we should. Wait until people start bringing kids that aren't theirs here.

We do exactly this in Australia, just saying...

In fact we hold them offshore so they never make it to our shores (even smarter)
Doesn't Australia have pretty strict immigration guidelines?

Seems simple, but what about the other adults in the facility with the children?

Would you be for sending kids and parents to the county jail together, while the parent awaits processing?

Tell the world America is closed until it can sort things out.
I dont think people understand the shear numbers

Its not indefinite. Asylum requests take a certain amount of time, generally a couple of months. If illegals decide to return home, they are immediately reunited with their children. They are taken away while we confirm who they are, criminal background, etc. Which we should. Wait until people start bringing kids that aren't theirs here.

I think we could at the very least provide better accommodations for asylum seekers than cages in abandoned warehouses.

It could just be my empathy talking here but I wouldn't want to live in those conditions for months.

Doesn't Australia have pretty strict immigration guidelines?

I don't know, I've never immigrated to Australia. I hear that it is?

But we do have offshore detention centers that are criticised regularly. They work very well at stopping illegal boats (especially drownings at sea).

Back