Let's settle this once and for all: Who's the greatest lead guitarist of all time?

He introduced British kids to some type of American blues style guitar playing.

Just admit you’re wrong and his roots are blues.
no, having blues roots does not make one a blues guitarist in a singular sense as you put it. If you had asked when he was with cream in the 60s what type of music he was making he'd have probably said blues-rock or psychedelic rock etc. Having roots is one thing but the music itself is what matters and that was not blues music.

no, having blues roots does not make one a blues guitarist in a singular sense as you put it. If you had asked when he was with cream in the 60s what type of music he was making he'd have probably said blues-rock or psychedelic rock etc. Having roots is one thing but the music itself is what matters and that was not blues music.

Lol you’re unreal. He started off in Brit playing American blues in pubs and was introduced to electric blues. That Mississippi delta sound of blues. Like muddy waters.

You’re so wrong it hurts. So I’m gonna leave you to yourself because I can’t talk to you anymore. When someone is disagreeing with all major music publications and the artist themselves I can no longer speak with them. His roots are blues. It’s that simple.

He even had a compilation album called BLUES. Lol. But no influence whatsoever

Lol you’re unreal. He started off in Brit playing American blues in pubs and was introduced to electric blues. That Mississippi delta sound of blues. Like muddy waters.

You’re so wrong it hurts. So I’m gonna leave you to yourself because I can’t talk to you anymore. When someone is disagreeing with all major music publications and the artist themselves I can no longer speak with them. His roots are blues. It’s that simple.

He even had a compilation album called BLUES. Lol. But no influence whatsoever
lol his most well known music is not blues. He is not only a blues player, which is what you initially said. you were omitting the truth to further your argument and I called you out on it. so go ahead leave while you go ahead thinking a guy in a 90s alt metal band is more innovative than the guy who influenced hendrix.

lol his most well known music is not blues. He is not only a blues player, which is what you initially said. you were omitting the truth to further your argument and I called you out on it. so go ahead leave while you go ahead thinking a guy in a 90s alt metal band is more innovative than the guy who influenced hendrix.

Blues has influenced his his entire career. Every single publication recognizes this and the artist himself recognizes that as well.

Tom Morello can do more with the guitar than Clapton. Not saying he’s better but he can do more with the guitar. Jeff Beck is better than Clapton though.

Alvin Lee is pretty underrated

The bassist is also a mad man in this video.

Blues has influenced his his entire career. Every single publication recognizes this and the artist himself recognizes that as well.

Tom Morello can do more with the guitar than Clapton. Not saying he’s better but he can do more with the guitar. Jeff Beck is better than Clapton though.
yeah? and folk and country influenced the beatles whole career aswell. and no morello is a very limited guitarist, especially compared to clapton.

I was slightly embarrassed mentioning Morello in here and now he's the main point of debate? <45>

For some reason, Tom Morello reminds me of U2's Edge. Dunno why.

Tom Morello has chops but a traditional metal player wouldn't fit into RATM, he's basically the DJ in the band. I personally see him as one of the most inventive guitarists i've heard. People shit on him for his use of effects but he does it well and for purpose.

The mention of the Edge is an interesting one, his guitar playing is very pedestrian, the effects are the key to him though but that's a skill in itself, if it were that easy we'd all be doing it and earning millions.

I think Warren Haynes is pretty underrated.

Buckethead and Steve Stevens are easily as good using effects as Tom Morello.

Back