Let's slow our roll on Darren Till...

What do you mean slow your roll? This is Sherdog, for fucks sake. Darren Till would beat Muhammad Ali in boxing! Head clean off!

Two words: Erick Silva. Calm the fuck down bandwagoners. Remember when this guy had a 8 fight winning streak in The UFC, including a win over the likes of Joe Lauzon (a submission at that). He then went on to lose 5 in a row, and is now in the MIA file.

20150929013408_IMG_9832.JPG

The likes of Aluminum Mike and Till have a long fucking way to go before having their nuts sucked so hard. Nice win for Till, that's it. The end.

Good one, I haven’t thought about Sotiropolous in a few years. I remember him gaming the system by basically wearing pants in the cage for better grip for subs:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2010/02...ns-legality-of-george-sotiropoulos-fight-gear

But yeah, I agree that it’s early to declare Till a true contender. It’s just nice to see a fresh face at 170. 7-10 years ago, Till was a teenager, and Condit/Lawler/RDA/Masvidal/Cerrone/Maia, etc were already established fighters. 5 years from now, these dudes will retire, and I hope that there will be new and exciting fighters to take their place.

he is right you know

nice opinion.

masvidal's best win is cowboy, and till just did the same but faster.

lawler just fought cowboy and won a close fight.
Does this really matter? MacDonald soundly beat Woodley over three rounds, Lawler outlasted MacDonald twice and Woodley flat-lined Lawler.

Look forward to see Till move up the rankings tho.

I think Covington and Usman will tell us a lot about him, I think both would have beaten Cerrone due to his poor wrestling. Usman is so strong, and Covington is too, but he is relentless.

Darren just dispatched a lightweight gatekeeper. He's got sharp hands but wait until he fights a legitimate top level welterweight.

Lawler, Thompson, Maia, Masvidal put this dude away with ease.

Have a great day.
People said the same shit about conor. Except he got lucky in the sense the lw gate keeper he beat had the belt at the time. Right match ups till could be champ very soon

I think he beats everyone except Wonderboy and Maia. Those are the match ups I think that might give him trouble

That's right, guys, stop getting exciting! This sport is not supposed to be fun.

Does this really matter? MacDonald soundly beat Woodley over three rounds, Lawler outlasted MacDonald twice and Woodley flat-lined Lawler.

Look forward to see Till move up the rankings tho.
yeah i know it's MMAth but i'm not saying till would beat em.

TS is just straight up saying these guys would destroy till which is dumb.

Darren just dispatched a lightweight gatekeeper. He's got sharp hands but wait until he fights a legitimate top level welterweight.

Lawler, Thompson, Maia, Masvidal put this dude away with ease.

Have a great day.
Lawler just fought cowboy and it was competitive even kind of fight..Till just took cowboys soul in 1rd...the fuck u talking about? You can just tell but his timing and movement is the real deal. Quit hating. These old bums need to hang it up it’s the new era..kid is 24 yea old and on fire

What makes me suspicious of his future accomplishments is that he missed weight. Even unwritten rules are meant to be broken and someone will be the first guy, eventually, but the fact stands that no UFC champ has ever missed weight prior to becoming the champ. In the journey leading up to the point of getting the belt - everyone nailed all the cuts.

This is a very useful fact when predicting fights.

But he's still a scary match up for everyone at WW. It's a very weird division right now - going through a guard change. Bunch of old timers. And kids - most of whom fit the "slow your roll" advice as much as Till.

That's interesting!

Is anyone able to refute this? I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering if anyone can think of someone that I can't.

Lol Till could beat any of those guys.

He'd pick Lawler apart on the feet same as he did with Cowboy.

If Maia cant take Till to the ground easy win for Till.

Masvidal is a good test on the feet but honestly Jorge is hot or cold and he just doesnt seem to pull it off when it really counts. Till has that " it " factor to me.

Thompson would be a bit more of a challenge because of that karate style but I could still see Till getting the better on the feet.

Just because he doesnt have the names on his resume doesnt mean he cant beat those guys. He just hasnt gotten the chance face top guys. We got a glimpse of it last night and he elevated his game which tells me this kid is not fazed by the bright lights. 1st main event and against a big name and looked spectacular.

You have to look at the styles, the skill set and intangibles when deciding who beats who.

Lol at people "knowing" just how good Till is.We have to see more to really get a good grasp on just how good he is.Guy gassed horribly vs Dalby and got slaughtered in the 3rd round,fought 2 guys that aren't near his level and couldn't force him to work more,and arguably a good stylistic match up with Cerrone and didn't have to go to deep water.

We still need to see his gas tested again,him vs a good wrestler/grappler etc.If someone claims to know just how good he is and that he'd beat all these guys easy you're just an idiot,we really don't know how good he is till he's tested more.Nooobs =/

in all fairness Cerrone just went to war with Lawler and that could have been a draw or a Win. Till deserves some credit for finishing Cowboy the way he did. He neutralized any wrestling and walked him down and took him out.

a lightweight gatekeeper.
What's your definition of gatekeeper?
If Cowboy is a gatekeeper he's a pretty damn good one.
He just lost by the slimmest of margins to Lawler, the no1 contender.
Not long ago had a 7 fight win-streak with nothing but finishes (including wins over top-10 guys like Barboza, Alvares, Jury, Benson)
He's been ranked between #2 and #6 for years.
Yeah RDA beat him good in the title fight, and got mauled by Masvidal but he had another 3 finishing wins in between.
Sure, he loses a few once in a while but he often comes back and gets a title shot.

You implying I'm wrong? Do some research.

And by research what in the exact fuck are you talking about? How do you research if he's gonna win those proposed match ups.

I'll be waiting..

Back