let's talk about austin trout

TownBiz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i thought trout did a fine job against jermell. didn't really know what to expect after the hurd fight, but to me, austin shows he deserves another shot at the title...wouldn't mind seeing him against munguia, if munguia is lookin for an ex-champ to build up his resume...or castano or liam smith...all winnable fights for trout.

I always thought trout was a very overlooked guy...if you look at his resume, he's been among the top jmw for many years now but he just never got the recognition...he got 95% there, but there was that last little bit of something missing.

he beat cotto comfortably, then imo he fought a very close fight with canelo, winning the late rounds in what should have been a win for austin...but like rjj said, you can't barely beat a marquee guy like canelo and expect the judges to give you the win...boxing politics as usual. lara outclassed trout, but that was no disgrace...lara also outclassed canelo (got robbed in the aforementioned boxing politics) and lara imo was top 3 pfp at the time...austin rebounded with some good wins but then he faced jermall. i expected charlo to make quick work of trout, but it turned out to be a hard fight to score....the thing i remember most about that fight was how small trout looked compared to jermall.

i figured that was the end of the road for austin, but instead he made the mistake of fighting hurd after trout had been inactive for about a year and a half...he beat the snot out of hurd for the first 4, 5 rounds and showed he was a mile ahead of hurd in terms of boxing skill... but inactivity and lack of condition was his downfall...and he eventually got stopped.

I hope austin stays strong, stays in shape and active and positive...i feel austin will get another shot and he'll win another title...he's too good and too deserving not to.

I htink Trout is probably on his way out, but I've always liked the guy. Very classy operator and never afraid of a challenge.

I like Trout...he's one of those underrated former champs who would've made it...very game...i like his counters too...but I think he's in that age where his game relies heavily in pacing and when you're facing a young fast paced fighter, it because hard...he reminds me of Winky Wright...

Good fighter , seems to be on the tail end of his career

I'm aways confused when I see people say he beat Canelo. It was competitive but I thought Canelo won by a noticeable margin.

Lamont Peterson and Austin Trout are in the same group to me. They seem like these perfectly well-rounded boxers who can be giant wild cards but they don't have the standout athletic traits to keep decisively handling people they're probably better than, skill-wise. They keep running bigger physical forces close with all their tricks and stylistic switch-ups.

Back