Let's Talk about Depression...

It's a shitty point. Feeling a crippling sense of abject dread for weeks, months, or years is not normal.

No, not everyone "feels a little depression" day to day. That's my entire point.
Thanks for speaking for everyone, doc.

YOU, are part of the problem.

"I know what's wrong. You're depressed! Here, take this"

Who knew the cure was right there, all along?

Thanks for speaking for everyone, doc.

YOU, are part of the problem.

For saying that it's a fucking medical condition and not "just another emotion"?

JFC, full goddamn retard. You make a head of lettuce look like Einstein.

I'm not so sure the dude was THAT talented, and he definitely didnt have a future in the nfl...

However. As I say all the time, I think it's up to us, normal Americans, talking (and listening) to one another, and actually giving a shit about one another.

Doctors can tell us everything they want, prescribe all the meds, but the underlying issue is still going to be there.

Our culture is so selfish, so fast paced, so cut throat, we dont take time to hear each other out. From politics, on down to our feelings.

Its frightening that in all walks of life, we would rather tear each other down, celebrate each other dying or being hurt and hope for the worst for one another. Thats gotta change if anything is gonna change. Im no one special, thats just my opinion obviously.
Haven't you goaded people into killing themselves before?

"I know what's wrong. You're depressed! Here, take this"

Who knew the cure was right there, all along?

Surprise, someone hasn't heard of therapy.

Man, with people like you around, is it any wonder people kill themselves because of this shit? You're like a brick wall of stupid.

Man, with people like you around, is it any wonder people kill themselves because of this shit? You're like a brick wall of stupid.
Oh, you mean talking? That kind of therapy?

Like I said in my first post?

Why do you need a doctor to do that?

Are you too busy to talk to someone feeling down?

2 weeks ago (Jan 3rd) my neighbour started up his car and sealed the garage. He was a white guy around 75(-ish). A really nice guy, quiet, kept to himself always mowing his lawn and shoveling his driveway. It's insane how depression works. You could be fit, healthy, famous, and depressed your whole life and do yourself in near the end like Robin Williams. It's a fucking complicated thing.

Oh, you mean talking? That kind of therapy?

Like I said in my first post?

Why do you need a doctor to do that?

Are you too busy to talk to someone feeling down?

Whatever dude, apparently the answer is just to TUFF UP. Just bleed guys!

Ffs, in one post you're trying to zing me with "HURR, UR NOT A DOKTOR" and in the next you're wondering what the hell we even need doctors for.

Well retard, because it's a medical condition. Go retard elsewhere now.

In the wind I can see your jimmies rustling.......... lol

But seriously, it's not as black, white, cut and dry as you're making it out to be.

Whatever dude, apparently the answer is just to TUFF UP. Just bleed guys!

Ffs, in one post you're trying to zing me with "HURR, UR NOT A DOKTOR" and in the next you're wondering what the hell we even need doctors for.

Well retard, because it's a medical condition. Go retard elsewhere now.
Like I said, you are the problem. Too busy to give a shit how people near you feel. "Just go see the doc" thanks for that.

I quit posting there because other people are doing that. That is not fun, funny, or anything I'm in to.
huh, I always thought you were into fucking with really messed up people. Guilt by association?

huh, I always thought you were into fucking with really messed up people. Guilt by association?
I was literally the only person there trying to get people to stop fucking with him. All my buds that post here now actually turned on me for quite a while because of it lol.

“The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.” -David Foster Wallace

This is still the best summary I have read of it. And the one I personally can relate to the most.

In the wind I can see your jimmies rustling.......... lol

But seriously, it's not as black, white, cut and dry as you're making it out to be.

It. Is. A. Medical. Condition.

http://www.mentalhealth.com/home/dx/majordepressive.html

I never thought I would get so many people trying to argue with me over the fact that it's a medical condition and to go see a medical professional, yet here you are.

This is the twilight zone. We're living in Idiocracy.

Like I said, you are the problem. Too busy to give a shit how people near you feel. "Just go see the doc" thanks for that.

Hey man, you wanna talk about your broken leg or you wanna go see a doctor?

So why in the hell would you tell someone with a broken brain not to go see a doctor?

<{1-1}>

It. Is. A. Medical. Condition.

http://www.mentalhealth.com/home/dx/majordepressive.html

I never thought I would get so many people trying to argue with me over the fact that it's a medical condition and to go see a medical professional, yet here you are.

This is the twilight zone. We're living in Idiocracy.

Hey man, you wanna talk about your broken leg or you wanna go see a doctor?

So why in the hell would you tell someone with a broken brain not to go see a doctor?

<{1-1}>
What does a broken leg have to do with this?

Back