let's talk about the klitschko era

It was a shitty era, but both Klitschkos are genuine HW greats. Wlad probably gets into the top 10 HWs of all time (low end of the top 10). Vitali lacks the resume, but most realize that he'd stand up in any era and is justifiably looked at as the better of the two brothers head to head. Much in the same way as perceptions of Lewis have improved with time, their reputations will only get better.

The sooner the Klitchko era is forgotten the better.

None of the beloved HWs of the past would have lost to Fury the way Wlad did.
Ali, Holmes or anyone else if they were 40 years old with a ton of mileage would lose a close decision or worse to a prime 6'9 "boar-meat" fueled Tyson Fury.

Ali, Holmes or anyone else if they were 40 years old with a ton of mileage would lose a close decision or worse to a prime 6'9 "boar-meat" fueled Tyson Fury.
You might be right on that one if we're talking age, but 40 year old Foreman pummels Fury

This is bad enough that I'm not even sure if you're trolling. Ugh. First Take would hire you based on this.

The biggest problem with comparing eras is that I grew up in an era when all the fighters were seriously jacked up. And not just with sneaky supplement amounts, but at near bodybuilder levels of juicing. It was really fun to see superhero like bodies going all out.

The Kitchkos didn't kill the golden era of HW, the USDA did.

You might be right on that one if we're talking age, but 40 year old Foreman pummels Fury
Mad respect to Foreman, he was a killer who defied father time longer than all others.

Don't agree. I find them to be pretty interesting chatacters. So eastern European to to fuse sports, politics, PhDs, etc. It's not easy being a fighter at that size, and that becomes less forgiving with age. So I enjoy HWs who have the discipline and IQ to keep it tight over 12. It doesn't have to be a highlight real to be fun. But that's just me.

After like 15 years of MMA which is virtually always slop to some degree, and just getting into boxing these last two years, I much enjoy the slow pressure and craftsmanship of Wlad's fights. But that's different than being a viewer in real time, when maybe it was more annoying to watch, so...no worries.

Threadstarter is chatting complete shit.

Should be ashamed of yourself!

Not the greatest era but you've got to give them credit for their consistency, athleticism and resume. You don't have to love a fighter to respect him.

Threadstarter is chatting complete shit.

Should be ashamed of yourself!
man, it's dudes like you...i'd love to tie you to a chair and torture you by forcing you to watch every single on of wlad klitchsko's title fights back to back to back...

man, it's dudes like you...i'd love to tie you to a chair and torture you by forcing you to watch every single on of wlad klitchsko's title fights back to back to back...
I love how you don't mention Vitali

Don't agree. I find them to be pretty interesting chatacters. So eastern European to to fuse sports, politics, PhDs, etc. It's not easy being a fighter at that size, and that becomes less forgiving with age. So I enjoy HWs who have the discipline and IQ to keep it tight over 12. It doesn't have to be a highlight real to be fun. But that's just me.

Please with the PhD :rolleyes: I researched that back then when they went on their "Dr. brothers who fight" marketing because it was just unbelievable. They never studied. Vitali held an absolute joke of a speach to get his PhD more or less about himself at the University of Kiew. It was talked about as a case study but was really nothing at all.

Its as real as a laywers degree from Hongtabomba Insula.

Please with the PhD :rolleyes: I researched that back then when they went on their "Dr. brothers who fight" marketing because it was just unbelievable. They never studied. Vitali held an absolute joke of a speach to get his PhD more or less about himself at the University of Kiew. It was talked about as a case study but was really nothing at all.

Its as real as a laywers degree from Hongtabomba Insula.
All part and parcel, lol.

I love how you don't mention Vitali
vitali had a much shorter reign than wlad....and some of his fights were actually watchable... i don't consider watching vitali's comparatively small number of defense to be sufficient torture for the diehard k-bros fans out there.

vitali had a much shorter reign than wlad....and some of his fights were actually watchable... i don't consider watching vitali's comparatively small number of defenses
you said THE klitschkos. Like with an S. Plural. I'f youre going to spew shit, at least double double down on it, particularly given that you're a lara fan who says Lara is HOF

It was a shitty era, but both Klitschkos are genuine HW greats. Wlad probably gets into the top 10 HWs of all time (low end of the top 10). Vitali lacks the resume, but most realize that he'd stand up in any era and is justifiably looked at as the better of the two brothers head to head. Much in the same way as perceptions of Lewis have improved with time, their reputations will only get better.
don't know how wlad gets into the top 10 with KO losses to sanders, brewster, purrity and AJ (by the AJ fight, wlad was already 40, but AJ was also quite inexperiened)...not to mention wlad's struggles with the likes of davarryl williamson, sam peter and tyson fury....IMO wlad is the lower 1/4 of the top 20.

don't know how wlad gets into the top 10 with KO losses to sanders, brewster, purrity and AJ (by the AJ fight, wlad was already 40, but AJ was also quite inexperiened)...not to mention wlad's struggles with the likes of davarryl williamson, sam peter and tyson fury....IMO wlad is the lower 1/4 of the top 20.
Lennox Lewis is top 5 and he has losses to McCall and Rahman, both of whom are mediocrities. Sonny Liston lost to Leotis Martin and Marty Marshall. Losses happen.

Back